The Return of DDK

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
How..... CAN you... Put up put up with this sort of way of TALKING where you FORGET where you are in the middle right in the middle of... And the INFLECTION and energy on random WORDS.

I actually like Murphy's analysis but he's such an odd duck diction-wise.
Just because someone is an off duck doesn’t make them less interesting and fun.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
He nailed it. Better than Murhpy/Howard with one nights work. Wasn't like ridiculously good but just good and proper enough to keep your attention and not sound boring. He'll also get better with time.

Nice grabs with DeKeyser/Ozzy in the booth.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Jimmy Howard could be on the mic 10 years and not speak with the confidence on television Danny had in his first broadcast. He's a natural TV presenter, after some more training he's going to be pretty darn good I think.

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
DDK was a natural. The fact they’re rotating so many new faces makes me think they’re either thinking of adding someone new full time or bumping someone out.

Most will probably disagree with me but if I could vote anyone off the island it would be Ozzie. His constant blatant rose color homerness is tiring. We could be down 10-1 and he’ll insist we’re playing great.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
1/2. Ken and Mick - the best
3. Ozzie - solid insights, humor, and that ODR, ya'll
4. Keating - if you can't handle the awesome quirk that is Keats, go watch golf
5. Murph - hot dogs, ginger ales, and unique diction, oh my - he's like a well-put-together dirty old man
6. Jimmy - feels like someone just gave him the job so they could laugh at him

DDK - I missed last night's broadcast, but I like what I'm hearing, sounds like a Jimmy replacement

MabusIncarnate

May 20, 2013
Tennessee
Ozzie at first was a bit awkward, I remember his first year, seemed a bit tight wound, nervous. He's fantastic now, him and Mick are awesome.

Love Jimmy and what he did for the team, but broadcasting isn't it.. not trying to be super negative but he's had a long chance and he's never comfortable to watch on camera.

Umingmak

Oct 12, 2014
Wildeye Brewing
DDK has a Comms major from college, I believe. It's not surprising that he's such a natural. I enjoyed watching/listening to him last night.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
I agree he should replace Jimmy but I also can’t stand Osgood. He is among the biggest homers in the league…we could score on our own net and Oshood would talk about how perfect a play it was.

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Ozzie at first was a bit awkward, I remember his first year, seemed a bit tight wound, nervous. He's fantastic now, him and Mick are awesome.

Love Jimmy and what he did for the team, but broadcasting isn't it.. not trying to be super negative but he's had a long chance and he's never comfortable to watch on camera.
Nothing against Jimmy Howard, but even Stevie Wonder can see that Jimmy is nervous AF when he's on camera.

Reactions: MabusIncarnate

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
DDK - Better in the booth than he was on the ice. I'd say he has a face for radio, but we have Keating so.... LOL

Howard - Dude has blown up faster than jiffy pop on Ozzie's backyard fire. Forget the suit, he's struggling to find skin that fits him. As a commentator, forgetaboutit,

Ozzie - The biggest complain is he is a homer?! He's paid by the Wings so you should expect some homerism. They all have it in them. Ozzie has really grown into the role, well. I expect him to be around for a long-time.

Murphy - Next gen Mick. Not as good but the same folksy approach.

That said, the booth is getting crowded.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
DDK was a natural. The fact they’re rotating so many new faces makes me think they’re either thinking of adding someone new full time or bumping someone out.

Most will probably disagree with me but if I could vote anyone off the island it would be Ozzie. His constant blatant rose color homerness is tiring. We could be down 10-1 and he’ll insist we’re playing great.
Someone has to be that guy that puts a positive spin on that chunk of corn in the turd…Ozzie gets my vote.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad