OT: The PUPPY THREAD

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
But what if they're friends? How could you do that to them?

Exactly. They can keep each other company while we're at work. They will never lack for a playmate. And since we'll be going through the training phase anyway, why not just get it over with rather than wait a year or so and have to do it all over again?

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Exactly. They can keep each other company while we're at work. They will never lack for a playmate. And since we'll be going through the training phase anyway, why not just get it over with rather than wait a year or so and have to do it all over again?

Do you want me to call your wife / significant other?

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

Chicken N Raffls

Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
Do you want me to call your wife / significant other?

From what I've heard, her sister is on my side, so that's a plus. Don't get me wrong, there are legit reasons to hold off on second for now. It would certainly be a lot of work, and while our yard is fine, our house isn't very big. Still, it would be the most adorable chaos, and I miss having two.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
You could try to make a lie believable, at least.
20180414_114515.jpg

20180414_115131.jpg

20180414_121008.jpg

20180414_121025.jpg

Unfortunately, I'm not great at taking photos, so I apparently didn't grab any photos of my dog at the 2018 parade, though you can see her paw in the lower left of the last photo. Here she is in the morning before we headed out though:

Nana_Nap.jpg

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

Chicken N Raffls

Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
I stepped away from my desk for a few minutes, when I come back it appears that someone... I'm not mentioning any names <cough>Zouzou</cough> has been trying to log in to my computer.

View attachment 858849
Could be worse. I got a text from Kitten a few years back saying something like "I'm about to cry" followed by pictures of our entire first floor absolutely trashed. We had both dogs and two cats at the time, but this was years beyond puppy stage for the dogs. Nefi (now our middle cat) was still pretty young and daring, though.

Whatever happened, they were definitely all in on it. Even the mat in our bathtub was shredded. There is no way in hell either of those dogs would willingly get in the bathtub, but the damage was way too much to have been a cat. Remains a mystery to this day, but that was carnage. Couch cushions, pillows, blankets, trash, you name it. Bits and pieces of things everywhere. It's cute she left her toy for you though! I'm getting so itchy for a pup.

Last edited:

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Could be worse. I got a text from Kitten a few years back saying something like "I'm about to cry" followed by pictures of our entire first floor absolutely trashed. We had both dogs and two cats at the time, but this was years beyond puppy stage for the dogs. Nefi (now our middle cat) was still pretty young and daring, though.

Whatever happened, they were definitely all in on it. Even the mat in our bathtub was shredded. There is no way in hell either of those dogs would willing get in the bathtub, but the damage was way too much to have been a cat. Remains a mystery to this day, but that was carnage. Couch cushions, pillows, blankets, trash, you name it. Bits and pieces of things everywhere. It's cute she left her toy for you though! I'm getting so itchy for a pup.
Been there, done that. A 9 month old husky left at home all day is a recipe for disaster.

Chicken N Raffls

Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
Been there, done that. A 9 month old husky left at home all day is a recipe for disaster.
No crate? My inlaws are starting to wean their 9-10 month dobe off the crate when they aren't there. She's been good so far, but it's only been a few hours at a time. The weird part of my incident was these were not puppies, and rarely, if ever, chewed anything at that point. It was definitely a group effort lol. Wish I had some Ring cameras set up.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
No crate? My inlaws are starting to wean their 9-10 month dobe off the crate when they aren't there. She's been good so far, but it's only been a few hours at a time. The weird part of my incident was these were not puppies, and rarely, if ever, chewed anything at that point. It was definitely a group effort lol. Wish I had some Ring cameras set up.
I used the crate for the first few months I had him then started off leaving him in the bedroom and eventually gave him free run. He was fine for a while but around 9 months he started destroying things.

Reactions: Chicken N Raffls

Chicken N Raffls

Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
I used the crate for the first few months I had him then started off leaving him in the bedroom and eventually gave him free run. He was fine for a while but around 9 months he started destroying things.
Math checks out. We weren't living together at the time, but from what she tells me, that's around the same time Krush went through his phase.

Reactions: Jack Straw

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $20.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3