The premature "Blow It Up" thread

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Petry for Helm?
Even with the lack of NHL defenders on the team, sign me up. Helm would be a great addition to the team. Proven winner who earned his spot on the NHL roster.

lateral move that will have no consequence on this team.

I think its safe to say that most on this board want a major shakeup. This roster is flawed. Great individual talent that does not work well together on the ice.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
how long do we let andrew staios stay the leader of this team?

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
Petry for Helm?
Even with the lack of NHL defenders on the team, sign me up. Helm would be a great addition to the team. Proven winner who earned his spot on the NHL roster.

At this point I'd be overjoyed with that kind of return.

Pennertration

Oct 25, 2007
Calgary
how long do we let andrew staios stay the leader of this team?

Who else would you make captain? I had this chat with some buddies last night and none of us thought the young guys were ready to wear the C. Best captain other than Ference we could come up with was Perron. Maybe Hendricks. Not sure that change has the impact you want.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
It's not premature, it's long over due.

New coach and at least 2 of this precious core need to go.

I have no confidence in this core. They will never win.

Blow it up.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Ebs for Bjugstad, Upshall

Hall for Lindholm, Ritchie

Nuge, Petry (@ 50% retention) for Carlson, Brouwer

Ference (@ 50% retention) for a ham sandwich.

Nikitin (@ 50% retention) for a side dish.

D for this year:

Lindholm-Carlson
Marincin-Fayne
Klefbom-Schultz

(With Nurse a year away from full time duty).

Forwards: will be a mess for this year, but in the future... (Perron and Brouwer extended)

Perron-Draisaitl-Yak
Ritchie-Bjugstad-Brouwer
Pouliot-Yakimov-??? (Could be UFA, could be existing prospect, could be whatever prize we land in 2015)

Might not be as talented as our current group, but they'd play a helluva lot heavier brand of hockey that might just keep us in games against LA, SJ and ANH.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
Thats not really blowing it up, you are basically trading 2 underachieving talented players when their trade value is at it's lowest.

If you really want to blow it up, trade RNH plus whatever to NEW jersey and get Adam Henrique and Larssson. I have been proposing this trade for some time now and its something that makes a lot of sense for both teams.

Henrique is exactly what this team needs, He can be your 2nd line center for the next t5 years. Henrique is going to be a much better 2nd line center than RNH a first line center. He is also a great 2 way player.

Larsson make sense simply because he has a lot of talent at a positon of need and we can afford to take a chance on him.

You know, i'm a Devils fan and i don't actually completely hate this trade, which is surprising because i usually hate every trade proposal involving Henrique. We already have a ton of great two way players (including another great fairly young center in Zajac) but could really use a young dynamic forward like RNH since we don't have anyone like that in the pipeline really.

You guys have a ton of dynamic/skill forwards but could use some two-way players, and since it's a center for center swap it doesn't leave a gaping hole in either team, particularly with guys like Draisaitl coming through your system.

Larsson is kind of expendable (even though we still value him highly) because of the emergence of the rest of our young defenders.

Something around Larsson + Henrique for Nugent-Hopkins might not actually be that awful.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Thats not really blowing it up, you are basically trading 2 underachieving talented players when their trade value is at it's lowest.

If you really want to blow it up, trade RNH plus whatever to NEW jersey and get Adam Henrique and Larssson. I have been proposing this trade for some time now and its something that makes a lot of sense for both teams.

Henrique is exactly what this team needs, He can be your 2nd line center for the next t5 years. Henrique is going to be a much better 2nd line center than RNH a first line center. He is also a great 2 way player.

Larsson make sense simply because he has a lot of talent at a positon of need and we can afford to take a chance on him.

I would NEVER trade RNH or Hall. Anyone else can go but those two, no way.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Fire Lowe
Fire Eakins
Fire Acton
Fire Chabot

Bring up Nelson
Bring up Marincin

Do that asap and we might be able to salvage the season.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
More rookie coaches is NOT the answer.

Seriously.. how are people still suggesting Nelson? It is so apparent these kids need an experienced coach with a proven track record they can actually trust. Come on people..

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia

This was the way to go

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad