GDT: The Powerhouse @ Flames - 9 PM| MSG2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Had we shipped out Zucc in the summer for a full year's service, we could have tanked a bit harder and gotten a bit more value. Maybe the offers weren't there. This offense is bad enough to be bottom 3.

Reactions: Gresch04

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Every game I feel like somebody puts up 3 or 4 points against us and I just sit here and think "we can't do that. We don't have that guy."

Except Pionk. He usually puts up 3 or 4 in certain categories.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
lmfao, Staal skates behind the net in the offensive zone and misses the puck and doesn't have the energy to skate back.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Had we shipped out Zucc in the summer for a full year's service, we could have tanked a bit harder and gotten a bit more value. Maybe the offers weren't there. This offense is bad enough to be bottom 3.
I don't think anyone wanted him in the summer. Always optimism you can get offense from the existing roster and not have to give up assets.

Reactions: Tob

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I thought the game started much later in US just woke up this morning soon 5 am. :)

RedHot

Fire Dave Cameron (Fired)**
Aug 6, 2014
Calgary
A view from the other side, but is Marc Staal usually this bad? He done nothing but give the puck away all night....

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Man I remember the two games after the trade deadline everyone telling me scoring wasn't going to be a problem.

I just gave up fighting that battle.

At some you just say, “We’ll see” and let things play out.

But I never understood how losing two guys from our top two lines wasn’t going to be a problem, or how we were going to start making up points post TDL.

Gresch04

Feb 12, 2009
This is the time the board degenerates to the tank / don’t take pointless debate. I will just post this midway through the third every game from now on:

Full-Tank: Lose for Hughes!

Semi-Tank: It’s nice to lose but prospects are not progressing.

Anti-Tank: You can’t tank and be competitive, are you happy now?

Never-Tank: How can you root for a loss???

PS - I’m officially semi-tank.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Every game I feel like somebody puts up 3 or 4 points against us and I just sit here and think "we can't do that. We don't have that guy."

Except Pionk. He usually puts up 3 or 4 in certain categories.
Hopefully when this process is over well have some guys like that

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
A view from the other side, but is Marc Staal usually this bad? He done nothing but give the puck away all night....

As the official spokeman and president of the Marc Staal is not very good lobby, yes, in the last 25 or so games, the wear and tear has reduced him from a slow and immobile defenseman that tries his best to make sound defensive plays in the defensive zone to a slow and immobile defenseman that just throws the puck toward the general vicinity of his D partner and hope it's received and received in a position where his defensive partner can move the puck.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
This is the time the board degenerates to the tank / don’t take pointless debate. I will just post this midway through the third every game from now on:

Full-Tank: Lose for Hughes!

Semi-Tank: It’s nice to lose but prospects are not progressing.

Anti-Tank: You can’t tank and be competitive, are you happy now?

Never-Tank: How can you root for a loss???

PS - I’m officially semi-tank.
By the definitions listed above, I identify as Semi-Tank

Reactions: Gresch04
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad