Post-Game Talk: The Powerhouse at Winnipeg | 2/12/19 - 8PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Agreed. Zibanejad doesn’t seem to have any flaws this season, other than only being a 20 ft. player.
Yeah, the 20 feet in front of the oppositions goalie. The only 20 feet you need when you do EVERYTHING you possibly can to keep possession. He is simply a beast. I think i saw 1, count em', 2 plays where he made a little mistake (late in the 3rd not pushing it deep) and I think he knew it (camera shot, right after. I dont remember seeing anything like it in a Rangers uniform. Being this good for this long. He is ljteralky dominating almost everytime on the ice against some of the best players in the league. Imo.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Yeah, the 20 feet in front of the oppositions goalie. The only 20 feet you need when you do EVERYTHING you possibly can to keep possession. He is simply a beast. I think i saw 1, count em', 2 plays where he made a little mistake (late in the 3rd not pushing it deep) and I think he knew it (camera shot, right after. I dont remember seeing anything like it in a Rangers uniform. Being this good for this long. He is ljteralky dominating almost everytime on the ice against some of the best players in the league. Imo.
Lol no worries. It was a joke, because one of the posters here (I forget who) said Zibanejad is only a 20 ft. player.

Reactions: Rongomania

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
We're going to finish 35-35-12 82pts aren't we?
well we had 77 points last year and I figured we would need no more 73/74 points to more likely than not get us into the bottom 5. That would mean we would have to get no more than 17 points in the last 26 games. So something like 7-16-3. Is that possible?

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
BTW when was the last time the Rangers had two 30 plus goal scorers?
Few years ago I know they had CK and Grabner almost getting there.
would be nice to see Zibby and CK get there

Reactions: Rongomania

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Lundqvist lost us this game bar none. I saw 3 of the 4 goals and all 3 were soft. I missed the second goal though.
I knew this would be the reaction over here after watching the highlights. I disagree, the first one was soft, the second was a toedrag snipe, third was post and in through traffic where Hank couldn't pick up the shot and on the fourth the sliding NYR defenseman's skate got stuck between his pads when he tried to move laterally, so he couldn't get square to the shot. Not a good game for him, but those were tougher goals than they looked like from an initial reaction.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Winnipeg has so much talent but I’m convinced they won’t win with that coach. The Rangers talent-wise have no business competing with the Jets. But the jets just skate around until they get a break. It’s mad.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Let’s not lose focus on the end goal here

Play well and lose checks all the boxes

Keep rolling out pionk on the 1st pair and watch that happen.

I’m sorry but his 5v5 play reminds me of a sneaker in the dryer.

Him and staal together are something else.

Quinn has this team competing hard and that’s a huge positive. Let’s also remember one more thing, we are now That Team that good teams take lightly. We aren’t going to scare anyone with our lineup that’s for sure.
We aren’t terrible- In fact we aren’t nearly as bad as many here want us to believe , but we wouldn’t win a playoff series against any good team. Period.

We continue to exist in that terrible place of being too good to tank and not good enough to make the playoffs.

A complete sell off would be a crime to the remaining guys who are playing their hearts out right now. Our first line can play with anyone.

Our defense is the stuff in the back of the fridge you forgot about and found 2 mos later.

Last thing, if you want to lose games what goalie do you play at this point ?? Really ?? Which one.

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
No I just find it hilarious you don’t post much and then pop out every few weeks to basically say “I didn’t watch the game but I saw the highlights and here’s why Hank sucked tonight and lost the game on his own.” It’s repetitve and lazy.

I said myself the first and third were bad goals and should’ve been stopped. I can’t put the second or fourth on the goalie though, no way. Second was horrible D and a snipe by Sheifele on a 3-2. Fourth McQuaid slid into him as he’s trying to stop it.
I am just guessing here. Maybe,just maybe losing team mate after team mate over the years, are starting to take it's toll on him. Even for The King at last? Thanks to Zucc I have found my nhl team, and I will root for Rangers also after Zucc is traded. Even though I would like him remain a Ranger. All in all, I wish Hank the best and want him to get a SC Ring with The Rangers. But maybe for this season, trade them both as rentals to a contender, and bring them back in June after they raised the Cup with Tampa. And then they get theyre second ring in New York in June 2021. A great way for a King to step down and in to the HAF. Well, dreaming is for free.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
And I'm truly shocked that you can't take criticism of the golden boy again. I give him credit when he makes good saves or has good games. You just only focus on the negative posts because you can't stand any criticism of him.

Maybe it has something to do with you basing your opinions from watching highlights. :dunno:

In other news, Ziba is a f***ing beast and Tony D sucks at playing D.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I would definitely add "Somewhere in Time" to that list, other than that, complete agreement :)
But comes back at Brave New World.

I still lump Somewhere In Time in there with the early greats

Seventh Son of a Seventh Son is very good, too. The dropoff comes after that album, (probably because Adrian Smith left at that point). Once Dickinson and Smith returned, things got better again.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Weird game for Hank. Three of the goals, I'm sure he wants back, and were certainly stoppable. But he also made a ton of high-quality saves throughout the night. Considering how many chances he faced, and how he overperformed on the high quality shots but underperformed on the lower quality shots, 4 goals seems just about average for him.
Nah, Hank would be the first to tell you he was bad last night.
If it weren't for Sam having a coronary every time there is a shot on goal, you wouldn't think he had to make more than a couple tough saves. I recall on one save, the Jets shot the puck right into Hank and Sam went nuts! "What a save by Henrik Lundqvist!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad