Post-Game Talk: The Powerhouse at Winnipeg | 2/12/19 - 8PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
To each their own, but after Powerslave, the albums just weren’t as good in my opinion.

Seventh Son was pretty good, probably the closest of all of them. Somewhere In Time had a few really good songs but the rest of the album was meh. No Prayer and FOTD were ok, but it just felt like they were trying to recycle old material with new lyrics, more so on FOTD than No Prayer.

I actually like Brave New World a lot, Wickerman, Ghost of The Navigator and Out of The Silent Planet are 3 of their more underrated songs, although for a while I got tired of hearing Dickinson’s whoaaaaa from Wicker Man as the Caps used it as part of their goal song.
Out of the silent planet is really good. The opening riff of wicker man is a great album launcher.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Rough game for Hank on the heels of an excellent game by Georgiev. I'm sure the Hate Hank Brigade were out in full force last night.
Nah. I think, first of all, Henrik has been markedly better this year than last. And, maybe partially as a result of the above, I think most on this board are truly appreciative of how good he is. I know it’s not everyone. But I note the real Hank whinging is minimal. Happily.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Did anyone else notice the jump in Shattenkirk’s skates yesterday? I saw him quickly accelerate away from defenders. Maybe he has turned a corner. Wishful thinking? Am I n-v-t-s nuts?

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Did anyone else notice the jump in Shattenkirk’s skates yesterday? I saw him quickly accelerate away from defenders. Maybe he has turned a corner. Wishful thinking? Am I n-v-t-s nuts?

Noticed it about a week or so ago, skating the best I've seen him since he got here.

Reactions: egelband

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
He looks much much better it all starts with skating. And he’s skating. He was never a very a speedy guy but some of the moves he’s making around guys that pull away affect I like to think of it as, he’s got it back and I believe the points will start coming as well.

I think he’s tradeable for sure the question is where he will accept a trade too. He should be worrying about his next contract right about now. He’s got to improve and moving to a better team will help him do so.

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Senators/Red Wings
Canucks/Kings
Devils/Black Hawks

Even
Blues/Coyotes

Have a bearing on us tonight. 3 point games please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad