GDT: The Powerhouse at Winnipeg | 2/12/19 - 8PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I was not aware that Niku was valued that highly. But as with Appleton, come on. He’s not doing that well in the NHL. He’s ok. I think Appleton and Samberg or Appleton and a 1st would be more than fair for Hayes.

If we had any hope of re-signing Hayes then that would be more then fair.
The % increase a TD rental adds to the chance of a team winning is miniscule.
The majority of trade deadline deals don't work out very well so teams need to be careful.
Especially since top RFA's are apparently going to get long term money on short term deals (Matthews).
Laine, Connor and Wheeler's contract raise kicking in mean that the Jets will be at the cap and looking to get creative to fit it all in.
Hence why a guy like Hayes can't be signed without an equivalent salary going out.

Niku was the AHL defensemen of the year last year (as a rookie).
There's a decent chance we lose both Trouba (trade) and Myers (UFA) this summer.
Niku is the only high end D prospect that's ready to step in.
Samberg looks really good but is a bit further off.

Chevy (our GM) will likely surprise everyone with a move that is not expected.

Reactions: Off Sides

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
It should be interesting if Chevy sits on his hands while Nashville goes out and trades for the likes of Panarin or even a Zucc
This might be our best case scenario, Nashville grabs Zuccarello and then Winnipeg comes back with a huge offer for Hayes. #Couldhappen

Reactions: leetch99

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Still think Panarin & Bobrovsky are going to somehow end up in Carolina but that's only based on my gut....nothing else.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I did notice that haha but it seems like everyone treats their top 15 prospects like they’re the next Gretzky.

All teams fan bases do that and in today's NHL term and how the contract affects your cap is more important then just comparing player to player.

Niku and Vesalainen would be our top 2 prospects.
Appleton and Lemieux have been in the NHL pretty consistently so I'm not even really looking at them.
Comrie (goalie) is having a very strong season in the AHL so he's probably 3 on the board for us.

I only get to see Hayes play a few games a year so it's hard to see how good he is or isn't.
More importantly how he might fit in.
Little is pacing towards a 60pt season.
We really don't need a big piece but we do need our coach to reconfigure the existing lineup to maximize what we have.
He's left the core of the 2nd line together for close to a year and half with poor results in about 75% of that time.
Laine and Little each play better away from each other then they do playing together.
Yet, they are glued at the hip.

A hypothetical Hayes addition allows the team to move Little (or Hayes) to the 4th line which would make them close to a 2nd line talent wise. If Hayes / Connor or Ehlers and Laine could gel together it could be amazing. But in my mind the lack of success of that line has more to do with Laine then anything. Unless you're bringing in a true 1C then who knows if the move would really help him or not.

Good luck tonight.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
As for tonights game.....wouldn't that send shockwaves though Canada knocking off Leafs and then Winnipeg. They should start Georgiev......he deserves another game. And hell......run him out there until he loses. Quinn is obviously not on board with losing for Hughes. So then, play a line up you expect to win with.....and right now its Georgiev.

Cypruss

Stand up for your beliefs.
Oct 18, 2018
LaSalle, Manitoba
He's not a center though.

Wow, thanks for throwing around things like facts to mess up my idea of bringing a player over that I have always enjoyed watching to fill a percieved need on my Jets.

I have littered your board with enough of my comments this afternoon, Ill venture back to my realm corrected and crushed that Zuccarelo may not be the answer. Oh, and I see that Zhamnov5goalgame stopped by. Feel free to head over to the jets board to see one of his epic GDT's (the monty python one from a few weeks ago was my favorite - but tonight's spiderman theme is Helle good). That was a bit of a pun. Helle, you know our goalie Hellebuck....never mind. It sucked.....I'm seeing myself out.

Hope for a great game tonight and best of luck to the Rangers the rest of the season....make sure you keep beating the Leafs!

Reactions: Lion Hound

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Wow, thanks for throwing around things like facts to mess up my idea of bringing a player over that I have always enjoyed watching to fill a percieved need on my Jets.

I have littered your board with enough of my comments this afternoon, Ill venture back to my realm corrected and crushed that Zuccarelo may not be the answer. Oh, and I see that Zhamnov5goalgame stopped by. Feel free to head over to the jets board to see one of his epic GDT's (the monty python one from a few weeks ago was my favorite - but tonight's spiderman theme is Helle good). That was a bit of a pun. Helle, you know our goalie Hellebuck....never mind. It sucked.....I'm seeing myself out.

Hope for a great game tonight and best of luck to the Rangers the rest of the season....make sure you keep beating the Leafs!
This is a Isles/Devils fan trying to get us to lower our guard and accept other fans as goodhearted charitable folk. Do not listen.

Burn them all.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I actually like Winnipeg's team and I would really like to see the 'white out' go deep into the playoffs. I also know that piling on some losses would be good for us.

But as soon as the first Jet brushes one of our guys the wrong way, I'll most likely be hurling a half-finished beer at my tv and screaming for McQuaid to leave his cracked stick blade embedded in some guys intestine.

Ah well, whattaya gonna do.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Crappy weather outside, nice night to stay home and watch a Rangers game, while drinking plenty of alcohol of course.

This one could get ugly.

Reactions: leetch99

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
This might be our best case scenario, Nashville grabs Zuccarello and then Winnipeg comes back with a huge offer for Hayes. #Couldhappen
Kevin Hayes with the proper wingers could have an awesome playoff and payoff for a Cup bound club . Buchnevich and Vesey are certainly not the best . I hope JG can get a good return for him ...like REALLY good .

Reactions: Larrybiv

MyLoveIsBlue

Feb 20, 2015
Crappy weather outside, nice night to stay home and watch a Rangers game, while drinking plenty of alcohol of course.

This one could get ugly.
winnipeg.jpg

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I dont know about you guys, but with 7 games left before deadline....I AM really getting anxious about it. We cannot afford to LOSE these trades. And even trading McQuaid really needs to be very well worth it. He may NOT be a part of the rebuild, but another team really NEEDS a defenseman like that and we shouldn't "trade ourselves short". Make them PAY!

Regardless of where we end up......this deadline is just as important.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Anyone wanna make a fun bet that Conner scores tonight? Not sure how many he has had against us......just seems like he usually does.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Did Anson Carter just say Hayes has a shoot-first mentality?
Carter is an air head. Guess he doesnt hang with Valley too much.
I think he easily could have said that Hayes has had a much more "shoot first mentality, lately". Didn't Quinn suggest that to Hayes earlier this year?" Think so.

When you get that rep of "pass 1st player"......teams back off and play the pass.
Start passing then they will start guessing, opening up your shot more often. Me thinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad