Pre-Game Talk: The playoffs are coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
We are 13 games away from the playoffs. We are the first to clinch, and now we have to wrap up first in the division, and hopefully first in the conference as well. Let’s lock in home ice advantage throughout the EC playoffs. Seems most tickets are already sold out, so I expect chaos in the arena. A sea of red that will make all Quebecians jealous, or whatever they are called.

Let’s get this chat going. Who do you want? Who scares you?

Personally, the only team that scares me is our team. If we can clean up some defensive miscues, and tighten up our play in our own zone, I like our chances. Obviously it won’t be easy, and I don’t know if it would be an advantage to face a Tampa later rather than earlier, but I expect us to be competitive, and fight until the very last breath. The team has proven that it will,p do just that, time and time again, and I expect it to continue in the playoffs.

Also…I’ve been super busy with just life in general here in Greece, but I’m going to do the first GDT, if everyone is cool with it. I just have to play around a little with the new board, because I do not know what can and can’t be posted.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I would like Washington. They are our best chance of proceeding to the 2nd round. And I put it at about 60/40 in favour of us.

Want to avoid the remaining teams (Tampa, Toronto, Boston) as I would have them as favourites against us.

So I guess with the most likely scenario of facing Washington in the 1st round, we will get as far the 2nd round.

Face any other team and it is a 1st round exit imo.

Fun regular season though!

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I would like Washington. They are our best chance of proceeding to the 2nd round. And I put it at about 60/40 in favour of us.

Want to avoid the remaining teams (Tampa, Toronto, Boston) as I would have them as favourites against us.

So I guess with the most likely scenario of facing Washington in the 1st round, we will get as far the 2nd round.

Face any other team and it is a 1st round exit imo.

Fun regular season though!
First round exit to Toronto? You can’t be serious.

Reactions: harv33173

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
all teams are legit.. when the worst team has ovi.... east is no joke. but this year we need to win one series. that has to be the goal. of course more the better but we have to win a series. the league and other fans will never take us seriously if we don't win at least 1 series

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
For those counting on Ekblad improving our PK, just a friendly reminder our PK was at 80% with him in the lineup and 75% without.

Yes it's a dip. But 5% difference isn't enough to breathe a sigh of relief if we face elite PPs in the playoffs.

It is average with Ekblad and below average without.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
So with Toronto taking it to Tampa tonight, we're 7 up on Toronto and 9 on Tampa and Boston. Tomorrow is now the biggest game of the season to this point. Win and we're 8 or 9 clear of 2nd with 12 games to go. Lose in regulation and it's as low as 5 with another game against Toronto.

Not many excuses either. They'll have an AHL goalie in on the 2nd of a traveling back to back

Miami Panther

Jun 24, 2006
Miami, FL
Agreed that we don't match up well with Toronto. I was admittedly taking them lightly but like other posters have said, they're playing great hockey post TDL and their special teams are elite. Tomorrow night is a huge game for us. I want to see the Panthers that showed up for our first Vegas game and absolutely shut down the Leafs. Need to win 5v5 and play a disciplined game. I'm ok with giving up 1 PP goal. Any more and we're playing with fire.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Washington can be physical and I don't trust Wilson to not cheap shot a star player over a series worth of games. Add in Ovi on the PP they can definitely make it a close series if our pk/lack of discipline allows their pp to win them games.

But definitely excited for the Panthers to be in the playoffs again, and doing so in convincing fashion.

DrMom9900

Nov 2, 2011
Like some have said, Toronto is peaking at the right time and we havent played our best 60mins of hockey every gameday. This is a huge game to slow Toronto down and legitimize our place atop the east. I really pray we dont lay a stinker tomorrow

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Not better than the Canes, about the special teams..
Statistically the Leafs are better. 1st and 4th vs 1st and 6th and the sum of the Leafs % are higher. I’m also more concerned about a good PP than a PK

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
The only East playoff team that’s worse than us on PK is Nashville and they aren’t worse, basically the same percentage of 79.5%. CAR 88.1%, TOR 83.9%. So if Ek makes us 5% better that’s huge: we would go from 20% goals (1 in 5 PK) to 15% (1 in 6 or 7 PP), which can be the deciding factor in a close game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad