OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: They Killed Kenny!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

Pretty much what I assumed - he didn’t see the fumble.

The massive issue is he never tried on that play and was sulking about his TD drop.

An alert and engaged player (Ie one not pouting like a five year old) easily sees that ball.

Steelers really need to find a #1 receiver for next season.

DJ has a losers mentality and it’s the same shit over and over with this cat.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I was starting to think the TE's on this team were illusions, today I found out they are actually real beings. There is no reason Muth or Washington shouldn't get the majority of targets.
They need 3 new WR's next year. That group as whole is awful... really awful. If they can dump DJ, maybe add 4.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Tomlin was asked in his post-game press conference why he chose not to challenge the play.

“They were definitive, and I lost vision of it. There were people between me and him; I couldn’t count steps. They never gave us another look at it in-stadium. We didn’t get a quick enough look at it up top. Sometimes that happens when you’re on the road, but sometimes being on the road, some games being at home, all those things even out in the big scheme of things.”

How does this team not have a REPLY GURU??? And fyi, I saw it live and on the first replay 15 seconds before the snap. BS....pure BS

What he doesn't want to admit, they didn't know the rule regarding going to the ground.

Reactions: metalan2

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I mean he’s still not gonna throw any TD’s…again. Against an absolute shit team. He made a couple nice throws but this isn’t a test at all and we’re barely hanging on.
I'll take a big production game. TDs will come.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007

I thought Porter played really well. Chase made catches, but they were really outstanding. I'd absolutely move Herbig to MLB next season. His blitzing ability alone would bring a dynamic to this defense that we don't get from the other guys. Benton is incredible. He's 315 pounds and he could conceivably play 5-technique.

It's just so nice to have an offense that could move the ball. Kenny has work, but as far as I'm concerned, the beginning of his progression starts today. From this point on, he has to make strides to be better on a weekly basis.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I thought Porter played really well. Chase made catches, but they were really outstanding. I'd absolutely move Herbig to MLB next season. His blitzing ability alone would bring a dynamic to this defense that we don't get from the other guys. Benton is incredible. He's 315 pounds and he could conceivably play 5-technique.

It's just so nice to have an offense that could move the ball. Kenny has work, but as far as I'm concerned, the beginning of his progression starts today. From this point on, he has to make strides to be better on a weekly basis.

Eh. I like the idea of him being versatile, but having real OLB depth is so nice that I don't really want to mess with it. Not sure I'd trust him with dropping into coverage either which the real key of him being more than exotic pass rush packages.

Porter is having a wild season though.

Reactions: Colonel Mustard

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Based on what?

There were reports that he was Rooney's idea. There's always been reports of Rooney involving himself on co-ordinators. Do we have conclusive proof that all that is wrong and this was mainly Tomlin?

I don’t believe that at all. What reason would Rooney have to do that? Is he a Maryland guy? Was he a big fan of his work at Pitt as a QB coach? Is he friends with Canada’s dad or something? It doesn’t make much sense to me

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

They likely won’t move Herbig inside, because they need the depth at OLB.

Their drafting priorities have to be T, C, ILB and WR.

The O desperately needs a legit #1 wr that can get separation and make the kind of consistent big plays AB and Ward used to make.

With KP, who knows. He again should be nothing worse than a solid starting QB had he been brought along properly.

The best QBs play with big stones and KP had that rare attribute, but Tomlin found a way to f*** that up, being Tomlin and all.

I saw a lot of potential in KP, but once you wreck a young QBs mojo that’s a road less traveled back to success.

Despite showing signs of life yesterday, KP feels like a house of Jenga right now.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
I don’t think MIlb is a need Roberts and Holcomb are under contract next year Walker and Carpenter are showing signs of being long term guys.
Heck Trenton might be the SS for next year
Its CB RT C for me

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad