OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: They Killed Kenny!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Nobody gives a Rossi Rat's a$$ about LFC, it's not the flex you think it is....
There’s always that one guy who is an absolute ignaramous to how big of a deal the REAL football is to the entire world. Typical.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
There’s always that one guy who is an absolute ignaramous to how big of a deal the REAL football is to the entire world. Typical.
Well the rest of the world would still be playing grab ass for fun if not for the USA. Football is for men you like to play grab ass but are afraid to admit it.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
The points werent there but the offense was like 100x better. They used the middle of the field, the rbs ran hard, kp made some good-great throws past the sticks and 10+ yards.
Let's see them do it against a quality opponent first before congratulating them. If Burrow plays, they would have been trailing and everything changes.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
Before we get into Pickett and Canada and what not, lets take a moment to appreciate how that was Harris' best running game in a year and a half. Big big game.
Running game looks 100x better when the defense can’t just stack 10.5 players in the box all game long. A not so hidden benefit to throwing more than 1 deep pass every 5 games.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan and Peat

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Let's see them do it against a quality opponent first before congratulating them. If Burrow plays, they would have been trailing and everything changes.
The problem is unless you count New England who defense is ranked 16th they don’t play a good defense until bmore.
30th 25th 16th 24th 23 then Bmore who is 2nd

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
The problem is unless you count New England who defense is ranked 16th they don’t play a good defense until bmore.
30th 25th 16th 24th 23 then Bmore who is 2nd

This is true, the competition won't be a great test, but let's be honest, regardless of ranking/standings, the only thing that will ever matter is if this offense is capable of scoring in the playoffs.

Only thing I'd argue we could evaluate the rest of the season for the purposes of the future is the eye test.

I think for the most part they passed the eye test today, of course not against a good opponent.

If they continue to do that I'll be satisfied for a season I fully expect won't last past wild card weekend if they even make the playoffs.

But if they put up any more games that look as hopeless as most games under Canada were, then I'll be worried again, until they announce whoever the offensive coordinator is next year.

And the Jags barely hang on, Houston to 5 losses is good for the Steelers.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Not worried about Houston because they play Denver and Cleveland still. Cleveland still has jacksonville and Denver they will separate themselves by beating each other
I still think the ravens steelers week 18 game will be for the division

Reactions: Colonel Mustard

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
Add a 100 yd game to Friermuth to the context of that chart, regardless of competition thats a good sign going forward.

Hopefully if he can stay healthy the rest of the year, successfully connecting over the middle consistently should do wonders to opening more space for the running game and outside receivers.

If Pickett can get his inconsistent accuracy someday under control, there's at least some promise with this offense for the future.

Colonel Mustard

Dec 26, 2017
Not worried about Houston because they play Denver and Cleveland still. Cleveland still has jacksonville and Denver they will separate themselves by beating each other
I still think the ravens steelers week 18 game will be for the division
As everyone predicted lol

Snooki Stackhouse

Dec 6, 2007
Pittsburgh
They got some yards and counting the TD that wasn't, they could have had 23 points and 2 TDs. It's a start, definitely an improvement, but I'm not planning the parade. We'll see where they go from here but they had the better QB today that's for sure.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
So that's not a game where we start tugging each other off (if there's ever any one game where you do) but I think we all saw the difference.

And Pickett walked out of it with the following stat line

PassingCOMPATTPCTYDSTDINTQBR
Kenny Pickett243372.72727800106.83

Which is good. Yeah, no TDs ain't great, and pretty weird with that statline, but it's good.

Question is whether he can do it again next week. Yeah, he's not playing a good defence for a while, but if he wants to look good against soft opponents that's a win.

And there's a bunch of other guys who need to be better too.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
It's also comforting that the plays themselves aren't unworkable, it is the decisions on which to call and the sequencing that was unworkable.

The OL also continues to get better. Daniels and Jones is a great right side.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
I was starting to think the TE's on this team were illusions, today I found out they are actually real beings. There is no reason Muth or Washington shouldn't get the majority of targets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad