The Pittsburgher Thread - The standard is the standard

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
Muted Colin Cowherd on Twitter. I get he’s being a troll, but he’s acting like he has some big W on Steelers fans after he predicted before the season they’d go 7-9, and basically said all the things most of us here have been saying about this team’s general trajectory the past few weeks?

Like, if you troll a single fanbase, odds are so heavily in your favor that they will fail and you can act like you won. What’s the big ****ing deal lol

What the f*** is a "Colin Cowherd"?

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Well I don’t know what the actual story is here but the HC signs off on everything, so if Tomlin doesn’t like what’s going on, it’s on him to fix it.

The story broke today that something is wrong with Ben’s knee, so is all this playcalling designed to keep him from having to stop back or scramble because his knee is wrecked? If so, they are f***ed the either way...

Again, whatever the case is, the coaching staff signed off on this offensive strategy and they are running with it....

So if you think that Darnold or Stafford or Rudolph would be so much better behind this line, with this coaching staff, have at it...

I don't think it would be much worse, sans Rudolph.

We've willingly let ourselves become a shell of an offense to preserve the health of an aging HOF QB who now only registers as average. And we didn't even have a plan B once it got figured out. When we desperately needed to quickly march down the field and score the first 2 plays were passes in the outside flat to Jaylen Samuels when he could only get like 4 yards.

And once Ben goes, Randy goes.

I think the blame for this offense is all of the above in terms of Ben, Randy and Tomlin.

Having said all of that, the last gasps of a highly-paid aging HOF QB aren't supposed to be easy for a franchise to absorb. It was never going to be easy and I'll give them credit for getting to the playoffs this year, even if it looks certain that they'll be trounced.

Reactions: vodeni

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I’m staying optimistic for the rest of the regular season because we all know how the playoffs end.

Even if they split these last four (tonight included) that’s 13-3. Good enough for me to enjoy.

It’s our reality of being in Tomlin purgatory and we are left with two options:

- watch and be miserable and live under the delusion Tomlin doesn’t have a lifetime job as long as he wants it.

- watch and enjoy them trying to get to 12-13 wins and accept that will be the high point of the season.

They shit the bed tonight, but they have a few more games to get to 13 wins.

The last three games I’ll keep expecting them to win and pull for them.

Being constantly angry about obvious stuff week after week and then being angry when the obvious stuff happens... seems exhausting to me.

I’ve accepted the Tomlin purgatory and am trying to enjoy Steeler football as best I can.

it’s really hard to enjoy watching them when the offense looks like shit warmed over...

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
I am livid and will have a level head about this when I'm sober but this is some shit that Ben, Mike and Randy are all enabling each other with.
I actually look forward to Ben retiring and maybe writing a book about what happened internally with the team throughout his career. There have been a lot of times where I’m pretty certain that he might have intentionally ran some shit that failed miserably to prove a point to the coaching staff and it’s possible that he’s doing it here. He looks extremely frustrated at times out there, made the comment a few weeks ago that he was “drawing plays up in the dirt” to pull out a win, to which Tomlin and Fichtner tried to squash in a hurry, then made the tongue in cheek comment after last weeks game that he needed to throw more catchable balls when we all know that he was dropping dimes and guys were just dropping them left and right.

There’s a rift or two in there and we’ll have to see how it works out...

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The difference between the Pens impending decline and the Steelers is that it’s still fun to watch Sid and G play and hockey is not as game plan dependent...it’s no fun watching Conner lose a yard and Ben throw two yard pass on third down when you need six yards...

Reactions: Selfish Man

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
@ziggyjoe212

Its not hunger manina...i pay tribute to my favorite musician: Mr The William Hung

giphy.gif

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
The difference between the Pens impending decline and the Steelers is that it’s still fun to watch Sid and G play and hockey is not as game plan dependent...it’s no fun watching Conner lose a yard and Ben throw two yard pass on third down when you need six yards...

Pre-COVID the Penguins were vomit-inducing to watch.

Dumo and Marino coming back and the acquisition of Zucker were supposed to fix everything but the team couldn't unf**k itself. Even if those guys played pretty well.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
This isn’t the offense they started the season with. Yes, it was still dink and dunk at the base, but they were taking more shots down the field, running misdirection plays quite a bit, and the running game was fairly good.
So what’s changes? It is all injury related? What happens to Ben’s knee and how serious is it? Why has Claypool disappeared? Why did the dropsies start all of a sudden? Where have any adjustments been, on either side of the ball?

I guess it’s a just the en vogue thing to do now to just says it’s all Ben’s fault because he’s a fat slob SOB, arrogant, asshole who wants to have it easy in himself and just pickup and $30 million paycheck...

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
All I’ve been saying, haha. It’s not worth it to be so pissed. Just save the energy and eliminate the stress by watching something else. The Pens still irritate me more than the Steelers do, TBH, and they’ve won recently.

We know they are a poorly coached team, why be angry and flip out every week about it?

At least with the Pens bitching can be done with the hope a coach will eventually be fired if it gets bad enough.

Tomlin purgatory is real though. Being angry about it won’t change a damn thing.

I actually am entertained watching them f*** up in the same ways over and over. It’s pretty funny when you stop caring and expecting it to ever change TBTH.

Reactions: Hungamania

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
This isn’t the offense they started the season with. Yes, it was still dink and dunk at the base, but they were taking more shots down the field, running misdirection plays quite a bit, and the running game was fairly good.
So what’s changes? It is all injury related? What happens to Ben’s knee and how serious is it? Why has Claypool disappeared? Why did the dropsies start all of a sudden? Where have any adjustments been, on either side of the ball?

I guess it’s a just the en vogue thing to do now to just says it’s all Ben’s fault because he’s a fat slob SOB, arrogant, asshole who wants to have it easy in himself and just pickup and $30 million paycheck...

It's Ben, Randy and Tomlin's fault.

Once teams figured out that yes, we really did intend to throw the ball for 0-1 yards and get 6 YAC (seriously!) they stopped letting us do that. After that we crumbled.

Also, if we're talking chapters for Ben's tell-all book about how much Tomlin sucks...let's hope there's a chapter dedicated to the health of Ben's right elbow when he put pen to paper on that contract extension in 2019.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA

I hate this shit...aka they adjusted and the Steelers did not

More canned cliche bullshit...

You’re supposed to be better Mikey!!! They double and triple teamed Heyward in the second half and nobody decided to cover Diggs...

Really galaxy brain shit there...

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
We know they are a poorly coached team, why be angry and flip out every week about it?

At least with the Pens bitching can be done with the hope a coach will eventually be fired if it gets bad enough.

Tomlin purgatory is real though. Being angry about it won’t change a damn thing.

I actually am entertained watching them f*** up in the same ways over and over. It’s pretty funny when you stop caring and expecting it to ever change TBTH.
It funny to me, and also infuriating, to watch people continuously fooled by this charade every damn year...

All the local and National media can do is slobber all over Tomlin and make excuses for him. Only person I’ve ever really heard be critical of aviators was Bradshaw and he wins ripped for it. Even Tomlin got his “I was a big fan of Hollywood Henderson” shot in there...

You simply don’t criticize the Tomlin....

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
To the but but but injuries! crowed

Baltimore trotted out their JV varsity Covid team a couple weeks ago and did they make excuses?

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
it’s really hard to enjoy watching them when the offense looks like shit warmed over...

I dunno, maybe they fix it, maybe they don’t.

I’m still going to believe they will bounce back for the regular season because it’s all we can hope for in Tomlin purgatory.

I’ve already pounded home what I believe will happen come playoff time, so I’m being positive for what’s left of the season where there is actual hope for some wins.

But you guys do you I guess.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
It's Ben, Randy and Tomlin's fault.

Once teams figured out that yes, we really did intend to throw the ball for 0-1 yards and get 6 YAC (seriously!) they stopped letting us do that. After that we crumbled.

Also, if we're talking chapters for Ben's tell-all book about how much Tomlin sucks...let's hope there's a chapter dedicated to the health of Ben's right elbow when he put pen to paper on that contract extension in 2019.
Ah, so he knew his elbow was f***ed and he duped them into signing another big contract and now he’s simply playing statue in shotgun and making 1-2 yard throws to keep himself healthy enough to collect another $30 million next year, eh???

Oh, this is getting good...

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I actually look forward to Ben retiring and maybe writing a book about what happened internally with the team throughout his career. There have been a lot of times where I’m pretty certain that he might have intentionally ran some shit that failed miserably to prove a point to the coaching staff and it’s possible that he’s doing it here. He looks extremely frustrated at times out there, made the comment a few weeks ago that he was “drawing plays up in the dirt” to pull out a win, to which Tomlin and Fichtner tried to squash in a hurry, then made the tongue in cheek comment after last weeks game that he needed to throw more catchable balls when we all know that he was dropping dimes and guys were just dropping them left and right.

There’s a rift or two in there and we’ll have to see how it works out...
I'd love to read a fully Candid autobiography by him about his time with the Steelers.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
I dunno, maybe they fix it, maybe they don’t.

I’m still going to believe they will bounce back for the regular season because it’s all we can hope for in Tomlin purgatory.

I’ve already pounded home what I believe will happen come playoff time, so I’m being positive for what’s left of the season where there is actual hope for some wins.

But you guys do you I guess.
Yes the purgatory is real. As soon as Mikey gets those 8 wins on the season, he’s set and is playing with house money from there on out...

Even if he went 6-10 in a season, I don’t think he’d lose his job, so he’s set.

So rooting for individual wins on the regular season, just to know that the playoffs will be an unmitigated disaster anyway makes no sense. I’d rather three 0-16 seasons in a row to get rid of him for good, than this regular season slog fest to hear about how he’s up there with Shula and Bellichick as the greatest ever...

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
It funny to me, and also infuriating, to watch people continuously fooled by this charade every damn year...

All the local and National media can do is slobber all over Tomlin and make excuses for him. Only person I’ve ever really heard be critical of aviators was Bradshaw and he wins ripped for it. Even Tomlin got his “I was a big fan of Hollywood Henderson” shot in there...

You simply don’t criticize the Tomlin....

Bro, most media caught on to him a couple years ago... even the Steelers minority owners wanted Tomlin fired.

Rooneys don’t fire their coaches.

I bet there isn’t a living soul who posts on here who ever saw a Steelers coaches fired.

Tomlin will spew out garbled nonsense and Rooney will buy it, because he’s the only one that has to believe the silliness out of dude’s mouth.

Being angry every week won’t change Tomlin purgatory.

Check back with me in January if you don’t believe me.

Yes the purgatory is real. As soon as Mikey gets those 8 wins on the season, he’s set and is playing with house money from there on out...

Even if he went 6-10 in a season, I don’t think he’d lose his job, so he’s set.

So rooting for individual wins on the regular season, just to know that the playoffs will be an unmitigated disaster anyway makes no sense. I’d rather three 0-16 seasons in a row to get rid of him for good, than this regular season slog fest to hear about how he’s up there with Shula and Bellichick as the greatest ever...

He won’t ever go 0-16... or have bad enough seasons to get fired.

So why root for the impossible and be so miserable?

Each win is something to celebrate and enjoy in its own separate vacuum when you are in Tomlin Purgatory.

Eventually you will hopefully figure that out, or you are going to give yourself a stroke.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Josh Allen has to be the best QB they’ve played this season right? Not surprising he could out duel Tomlin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad