OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: New Quarter Backs for the Handball team!

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
I don't know anything about him, but just going off his report, he's small but supposedly fast and gives a good amount of effort in catching the ball.

I'm more whelmed about this selection than the first two.

robopigeon

Dec 9, 2013
He's slightly undersized, but he's incredibly tough. Great at blocking and doesn't shy away from hits. More than anything it's yet another identity shifting pick. They keep going with tough, high character, high ceiling, great value picks.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
This was the blurb on him on CBS…

Slot wideout who doesn't quite play to his timed speed but has nice burst/lean early in route. Super-reliable hands and has great feel for soft spot in zone. Not going to be much of a YAC type in NFL. Not noticeably quick. Should be decent separator. Adequate Diontae Johnson replacement. (Chris Trapasso)

Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I don't know anything about him, but just going off his report, he's small but supposedly fast and gives a good amount of effort in catching the ball.

I'm more whelmed about this selection than the first two.

He was projected as a mid 2nd rounder before the draft and really seems to fill the hole that DJ left:

Roman Wilson's journey from a highly touted high school prospect to a standout at Michigan sets him up for an intriguing entry into the NFL. His elite speed and sharp route-running skills make him a valuable asset, especially in schemes that need, agile receivers in the slot. While concerns about his physicality and durability may affect his draft stock, Wilson's ability to create separation and his performance in clutch moments cannot be overlooked. Teams in need of a versatile receiver who can also contribute on special teams will find his skill set particularly appealing.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
People complaining about the WRs are missing the boat. We don't have a reliable middle of field, short to intermediate dominator. That is what Wilson is.

Pickens wins outside. Wilson wins inside.

This is a terrific pick on paper and tape.
Have to have another option outside or Pickens won’t be available…he’ll be double teamed

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Yeah the only thing with Wilson is can he play outside? Or does Smith increase his use of 11 personnel?

Good player though for sure.

Reactions: Andy99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad