OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Landry ****ing Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Jones must think he's back at Oklahoma today, but I'll take it! I can't find a half decent stream at all today.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Mitchell clearly wasn't getting up and James went at the guy full force. There's no reason for that.

I'm sorry but when your teammate is not down yet and there are opposing players around you block. The refs blew the whistle like a quarter of a second before the hit so Harrison didn't have time to let up.

You can't call a personal foul on someone for blocking.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
I'm sorry but when your teammate is not down yet and there are opposing players around you block. The refs blew the whistle like a quarter of a second before the hit so Harrison didn't have time to let up.

You can't call a personal foul on someone for blocking.

i didnt see a satisfying replay of that. it seemed like mitchell clearly had given himself up

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
i didnt see a satisfying replay of that. it seemed like mitchell clearly had given himself up

I rewound and watched it again. It was literally immediately after the whistle was blown. He had no time to let up. Even if Mitchell looked like he was giving himself up, Harrison was still absolutely right to keep blocking through the whistle. You don't stop when play is live.

Officials didn't throw a flag until the Cards player started whining. It was total bs.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
sounds about right. aikman said mitchell got hit hard, which seems like at least offsetting flags shouldve been thrown unless i guess it was a steeler that hit mitchell (which in my recollection it mightve been)

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Surprised Arians spent so many downs trying to establish a short-passing game and running game.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Wow. Awesome win.

E. Sanders with a brain cramp at the end of regulation.:handclap:

Edit: Replay saved him from long-term ignominy.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
How about Landry Jones this game. Where the hell did this come from?

Really nice to see him do well. Been arguing with other Steeler fans for years that he isn't a bust and could be a good backup. Some guys just take time and he always had some great tools that were obvious.

Keep in mind there is no tape on him so he had a huge advantage today, but he won this game.

Bryant is unreal though... I really hope he can stay clean.

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
Lol.what the hell happened? The Steelers are like the anti pens this year. I keep eexpecting less and less from them yet they keep winning.

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
What_Is_Love.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad