May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Terry Bradshaw: "I am hearing they are 100 percent gone."

98499600.jpg

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
What if all three of the Rams, Raiders, and Chargers move to LA? I wouldn't be surprised to see the Rams and Raiders go there, then the Chargers elsewhere (but where?). Maybe St. Louis gets desperate and makes a big play for the third.

I'm kinda glad to see the Rams go back. Of the three they seem to belong there the most. I feel like St. Louis ought to have a team but at the same time they've lost two now. Are they the Atlanta of the NFL?

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
What if all three of the Rams, Raiders, and Chargers move to LA? I wouldn't be surprised to see the Rams and Raiders go there, then the Chargers elsewhere (but where?). Maybe St. Louis gets desperate and makes a big play for the third.

I'm kinda glad to see the Rams go back. Of the three they seem to belong there the most. I feel like St. Louis ought to have a team but at the same time they've lost two now. Are they the Atlanta of the NFL?

In regards to St. Louis...it's the Rams or bust for them right now. They very much are the Atlanta of the NFL...the book will never be completely closed on them, but in the interim I can't see a building being built there if it's not attached to the Rams. The government there certainly can't be happy with the NFL right now, and there isn't the money to be made there for outside owners to move into.

Oakland/San Diego is a really interesting case...I can't see 3 teams in a city working out (though it really wouldn't be much more different than the NHL's situation in the NYC metro area). I think San Diego is a lost cause at this point and LA makes the most sense for them (a large portion of their fan base is here to begin with, thanks to being only 2 hours away), but the Raiders...basically nobody wants them. They're not getting a stadium in Oakland, they don't have any real money of their own to think about being anything other than a secondary tenant in a move to LA...maybe San Antonio?

All I know is that I want nothing to do with the Raiders in LA, and most people feel the same way. They're the most popular team here right now, but those who don't like them hate them and want nothing to do with that culture coming back.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
In regards to St. Louis...it's the Rams or bust for them right now. They very much are the Atlanta of the NFL...the book will never be completely closed on them, but in the interim I can't see a building being built there if it's not attached to the Rams. The government there certainly can't be happy with the NFL right now, and there isn't the money to be made there for outside owners to move into.

Oakland/San Diego is a really interesting case...I can't see 3 teams in a city working out (though it really wouldn't be much more different than the NHL's situation in the NYC metro area). I think San Diego is a lost cause at this point and LA makes the most sense for them (a large portion of their fan base is here to begin with, thanks to being only 2 hours away), but the Raiders...basically nobody wants them. They're not getting a stadium in Oakland, they don't have any real money of their own to think about being anything other than a secondary tenant in a move to LA...maybe San Antonio?

All I know is that I want nothing to do with the Raiders in LA, and most people feel the same way. They're the most popular team here right now, but those who don't like them hate them and want nothing to do with that culture coming back.

I think the Raiders could play in the same stadium the 49ers do in Santa Clara, they just didn't want to before. If both the Rams and Chargers end up in LA though, the Raiders may not have much of a choice but to play in Santa Clara.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Hooray Shazier out for the game Sunday. McCullers not playing either.

Excited to see Bell back. No reason why we shouldn't score 30+ if we have our **** together on offense.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I think the Raiders could play in the same stadium the 49ers do in Santa Clara, they just didn't want to before. If both the Rams and Chargers end up in LA though, the Raiders may not have much of a choice but to play in Santa Clara.

That would work in a last ditch short-term situation...but that can't be the full-time solution. Santa Clara is just too far from the (rapidly shrinking) fan base for it to work, the South Bay is dominated by San Francisco fans.

That and if you're on that side of San Jose it's really hard to keep the Oakland name.

The Raiders need a new stadium in Oakland for them to work out anywhere, really...and that's simply not on the table meaning they're in for a rocky decade no matter where they play. Even if they move 'back' to LA they'll be the other team, the one that people with money won't go anywhere near. Their only hope of gaining the LA fan base at large was to be the only team here. With anything else around they'll simply be South-Central's team (regardless of the fact that both potential LA stadiums are in South-Central...imagine the Chargers being the primary tenant in a stadium in an area that would be 90% Raiders fans...sounds like a great idea, right?).

To compare LA geography to Pittsburgh...which is insanely difficult given the two regions are nothing alike...if the Staples Center (roughly the southern boundary of downtown) is Consol Energy Center, the Hollywood Park project (Rams; Inglewood, across from the Forum) would be around South Hills Village and the Carson project (Chargers/Raiders; near the StubHub Center) would be around Clairton. Except everything is flat, paved, and populated.

In Bay Area terms Levi's Stadium is in Uniontown.

Last edited:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'm actually surprised it doesn't happen more often. Fireworks around turf... you would think it happens more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad