OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Congrats to KC, but Kelce was the real winner winning Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think a Pickens and Aiyuk WR duo would be nasty, but I have 2 pretty major concerns with it:

1. You'd be putting a huge dent in your assets by trading for Aiyuk, who is at minimum costing a 2nd acquire.
2. Is Pickens going to act like a baby with being demoted to WR2?

I like the idea of trading for Aiyuk, but I like it more in place of Pickens than in addition to Pickens. I think both of them fill the WR1 role, while the WR2 role should be filled with a high pick in the draft this year. If you were to acquire Aiyuk, you'd ideally have him as the WR1 and a highly drafted guy as a WR2 for the next 4 years.

George Pickens isn't gonna be traded, if he is I'd be shocked. And that's saying a lot because we've seen some unbelievable things happen this past week. IF they believe they are a win now team GP would help us more than say a 2hd or 3rd round Rookie. And again we have so many holes to fill. AS wants the trenches to be fortified, Khan said the same thing. We need one or two key additions to the offensive line. That's where the focus should be early in the draft.

Bingo!

If you're trading for Aiyuk, you're paying with those exact assets to get him. You're not getting Aiyuk for a 4th round pick.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
He got caught letting people in the NFL write their own stories. It's not journalism, but what he is isn't a journalist. It's sensationalized media - not journalism.

Yeah, he’s nothing more than a spox for the NFL. It’ll get even murkier once the NFL acquires a stake in ESPN.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
If you're trading for Aiyuk, you're paying with those exact assets to get him. You're not getting Aiyuk for a 4th round pick.
I know that, but you're also keeping GP and not creating a hole. As far as the assets we give, I trust Khans judgement, he of anybody knows the holes we need to fill.

You also have to factor in we'd be taking on salary.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
A Pickens trade I would consider.

To Green Bay: George Pickens, Pick 98 (3)
To Pittsburgh: Pick 25 (1), Pick 58 (2)

Aside from that, I'm not that interested. Pickens occupies defenses and defensive coordinators. I hate his attitude but I don't want to throw away his talent and current cheapness.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
A Pickens trade I would consider.

To Green Bay: George Pickens, Pick 98 (3)
To Pittsburgh: Pick 25 (1), Pick 58 (2)

Aside from that, I'm not that interested. Pickens occupies defenses and defensive coordinators. I hate his attitude but I don't want to throw away his talent and current cheapness.

DangeRuss

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I know that, but you're also keeping GP and not creating a hole. As far as the assets we give, I trust Khans judgement, he of anybody knows the holes we need to fill.

I don't think the holes here would be any different, because if you trade Pickens, you're almost assuredly using a 2nd rounder to replace him. Hell, I'm expecting them to use a 2nd rounder on a WR regardless of what they do.

The comparison would Aiyuk on an extension and 2 years of Pickens versus Aiyuk on an extension and 4 years of a WR you'd take in the 2nd round. I don't think there are any additional holes being created there. You either trade a 2nd for Aiyuk and keep Pickens as your WR2, or you trade Pickens for Aiyuk and use the 2nd to draft a new WR2.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I don't think the holes here would be any different, because if you trade Pickens, you're almost assuredly using a 2nd rounder to replace him. Hell, I'm expecting them to use a 2nd rounder on a WR regardless of what they do.

The comparison would Aiyuk on an extension and 2 years of Pickens versus Aiyuk on an extension and 4 years of a WR you'd take in the 2nd round. I don't think there are any additional holes being created there.
We can agree to disagree, We've already subtracted one WR we need to add, not subtract another.

We need help at C and possibly OL and CB.

I could see us giving up pk 20, 98 for SF's 31. If it's too expensive Khan would find a different path. But then WR would be filled so one less hole.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh

Attachments

• IMG_1680.jpeg
    IMG_1680.jpeg
    168.7 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: JTG

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Now if you're going the route of trading down with the 1st to get Aiyuk, I can actually see that as workable. If it was pick #20 (850 value) for Aiyuk and pick #63 (280 value), that has Aiyuk's value at pick #34 (570). That's obviously a good step below what SF was asking for from Jacksonville, but it still seems pretty reasonable in value and it doesn't cause the Steelers to lose any picks.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Now if you're going the route of trading down with the 1st to get Aiyuk, I can actually see that as workable. If it was pick #20 (850 value) for Aiyuk and pick #63 (280 value), that has Aiyuk's value at pick #34 (570). That's obviously a good step below what SF was asking for from Jacksonville, but it still seems pretty reasonable in value and it doesn't cause the Steelers to lose any picks.
What would the value be if it were PIT 20, 98 or 20, 119 for SF 31?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
What would the value be if it were PIT 20, 98 or 20, 119 for SF 31?

If it's #20 and #98, that would have Aiyuk at pick #54 in value. If it's #20 and #119, that puts him at #60.

If you're talking pick #31 back as well, I think it would probably have to be #20, #84 and a 2025 3rd for #31 and Aiyuk. But I'm skeptical that SF would do that.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Just catching up, are we seriously debating trading Pickens now too? :laugh:

Outside of Puka Nacua I'm not sure there's a better WR contract over the next 2 years than Pickens.

You don't have to put up with Diontae's shit because his production decreased while his pay increased.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I don’t think we’d be adding a WR just to get rid of one who is already a standout and is cheap. Pretty sure Kahn is trying to get as many weapons as he can.

Which is why i also think fields will be utilized in certain packages as well.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
If we could get Aiyuk and more picks...all in on that.

I'm not at all against them trying to pry Jefferson out of Minnesota. Do what you have to do.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Don't get me wrong, Aiyuk is a stud, but I'm not sure I want to give up a 1st for him and give him like a 4 year $100m contract.

Would rather overpay for Mike Williams a little and not have to give up any assets. Or just draft a WR with that pick instead.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Outside of Puka Nacua I'm not sure there's a better WR contract over the next 2 years than Pickens.

You don't have to put up with Diontae's shit because his production decreased while his pay increased.

I think the context is trading him for Aiyuk, not just trading him in general.

The idea is Aiyuk replacing Pickens more than just trading Pickens to trade him.

Reactions: WickedWrister

JTG

Sep 30, 2007

All depends if the staff wants to deal with him any longer. From how they have been operating, anyone who was a bad apple got shipped out.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
All depends if the staff wants to deal with him any longer. From how they have been operating, anyone who was a bad apple got shipped out.
The difference between pickens and the rest is they didnt want to be here.

Nothing to suggest Pickens wants to leave

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Don't get me wrong, Aiyuk is a stud, but I'm not sure I want to give up a 1st for him and give him like a 4 year $100m contract.

Would rather overpay for Mike Williams a little and not have to give up any assets. Or just draft a WR with that pick instead.

Yeah this is by far what they should be doing. Either draft a WR in the 2nd round or sign someone in free agency and save the picks.

The difference between pickens and the rest is they didnt want to be here.

Nothing to suggest Pickens wants to leave

I don't think that's it, it's that he's a diva who seems inevitable to cause issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad