OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Camp Tomlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentM

Jan 4, 2008
Allison Park, PA
Comparing Boykin to Kessel. You, sir, have failed.:biglaugh:

I wasn't comparing the players, I compared their trade situations - Pittsburgh got lucky in that good players they wanted were being pushed out of their current cities and because of that we got them at discount prices.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
I wasn't comparing the players, I compared their trade situations - Pittsburgh got lucky in that good players they wanted were being pushed out of their current cities and because of that we got them at discount prices.

Yeah, I can agree with that. Happy to have both.

Just sucks that Golson may be out with the shoulder injury. Hopefully he can get back before the end of the year if they IR him with designation to return.

We're giving up some size on the jump balls with Golson and Boykin but we may get quite a few interceptions for a change if those two can ever get on the field at the same time. Both guys have good ball skills.

Ziggyjoe21

Nov 12, 2003
Pitt
Aldon Smith cut by SF. I know it'll never happen but the Steelers could really use him. Looks like Cinci is about to get themselves a really good young pass rusher for free.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Smith is facing DUI, vandalism and hit and run charges. Safe to say the Steelers aren't touching that one. Not to mention Goodell will likely try to suspend the hell out of Smith anyway. He just served a 9 game suspension last season and screwed up like this again. I doubt he plays this year.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Steelers waived Lemmon with an injury settlement - I assumed it was a serious Achilles injury. But he then worked out and signed with the 49ers. Guess his injury wasn't all that serious.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Probably the best "acquisition" of a player from another team in Pittsburgh sports history. Getting the Bus for a 2nd round pick. The only one better i can think of, off the top of my head, is the Pirates getting Roberto Clemente from the Dodgers organization with a Rule 5 pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad