OT: The Philadelphia Seventy Sixers: Maxeymum Effort (22/23 Regular Season)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Saw a report that PG and Leonard are on board with it.

So I’m guessing we wouldn’t get PG in the trade? Interesting.
Scuttlebutt seems to suggest some combination of Powell, Morris, and Mann. Which wouldn’t suck but would still be disappointing.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
What I think of a 2-team trade with the Clippers will basically come down to whether they can get at least one of the 2028/30 picks or not. The rumor is Harden has a unique appeal to LAC because of the lack of term. They sound like they’re one more failed run out from blowing it up.

Construct the rest however you want. Add Tucker, don’t add him, take Powell instead of Morris, whatever. I need the picks.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Windhorst:

Harden took a 15 million dollars cut last year so the team could try and be better. He expected, likely due to a convo with Morey, that he would be compensate with an extension. Forward 1 year, Morey doesn't offer that extension and Harden feels like he was used last year.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Perkins gets clicks. This is the way these days. They did kick him on the draft I guess after his “Moody Moses” breakdown.

Reactions: Tripod

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

She's a steady enough reporter, but her presence at the front of a show like that isn't very good. They need to just bump Laure Rutledge into that role and they'll be good. As long as they lose Steve Young, who is f***ing terrible. I could do without Booger as well. RG III has a ton of potential.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Jake Fischer said:
Philadelphia does not have to move Harden to his preferred destination with the Clippers. President Daryl Morey, league sources told Yahoo Sports, has already been active in exploring the trade market for Harden outside of just dealing with Los Angeles and the team’s obvious interest in landing the point guard. At this early point, the Sixers are at least projecting a patience to this trade process, similar to how Philadelphia signaled it would take its time moving Ben Simmons before ultimately flipping him to Brooklyn for Harden at the 2022 trade deadline. Chicago would be one potential trade partner to keep in mind, as the Bulls have made Zach LaVine available in conversations this offseason, sources said, and could also send an All-Star such as DeMar DeRozan back to Philadelphia. But there will be many avenues the Sixers explore before finalizing a Harden trade.

Jake Fischer said:
Harden would give Los Angeles a similar outcome, albeit likely at a larger cost than what Paul would have been for the Clippers. How much pricier? There’s certainly a sense among league executives that Philadelphia isn’t operating from a position of particular strength, but the Clippers are looking at potential long-term salary savings that would at least call for some form of draft compensation back to the Sixers.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Windhorst:

Harden took a 15 million dollars cut last year so the team could try and be better. He expected, likely due to a convo with Morey, that he would be compensate with an extension. Forward 1 year, Morey doesn't offer that extension and Harden feels like he was used last year.
Sixers were used while he went to strip clubs and choked in pivotol playoff games...eff him.

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
Me trying to figure out NBA trades and contracts:

6db_3.jpg

I don't follow enough to have an opinion on who we might get back for Harden, but unless it's absolute trash, I won't miss him one bit.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Just so everyone is clear, this is the right move. It's CBA-driven.

Doing it this way keeps his cap hold way down for next year and prevents him from being a poison pill contract. Those are much harder to make work in trades.
But this exposes him (and the team) to RFA offers, no? Although I imagine the Sixers can offer him more than any other team?

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
But this exposes him (and the team) to RFA offers, no? Although I imagine the Sixers can offer him more than any other team?
Sixers can offer a 5 year deal. Other teams can only offer 4. Potentially the advantage is if they are offering him a 5-year max, if they did the extension now it would immediately count against the cap on July 1st, 2024. Doing it this way means his cap-hit on July 1st, 2024 would be around $13m until he signs a deal. So certainly would have the Sixers at a much lower salary total (hell I think Embiid is the only guaranteed salary for 2024-2025. PJ Tucker is a player option which he'd prob exercise, but everyone else is club option or expiring).

Although I'm not really sure the FA next class next summer looks that impactful. I guess Jaylen Brown and Siakam are the top.

Reactions: Jack Straw
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad