OT: The Philadelphia Seventy Sixers: Maxeymum Effort (22/23 Regular Season)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Is there a world where we wind up with Kyrie/PG/Embiid/Maxey?
56c45555dd0895161c8b4579

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I don’t think so.

I think the likeliest outcome is a Clippers multi-way trade where they get stuff from another team. And that stuff may even then be flipped on afterward.

I hate to even say this, because I hate white people, as you know, and I REALLY f***ing hate that corn hellhole Kansas, but you know who was very impressive in the playoffs? That white rookie from Kansas who plays for Denver. I can't remember his name. I wonder what he would cost. #NBAGuy

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
I hate to even say this, because I hate white people, as you know, and I REALLY f***ing hate that corn hellhole Kansas, but you know who was very impressive in the playoffs? That white rookie from Kansas who plays for Denver. I can't remember his name. I wonder what he would cost. #NBAGuy
Christian Braun.

I figured you'd hate that guy for having the last name Braun and pronouncing it Brown..

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
How could you hate this guy?
GettyImages-1239546654.f41e791f.jpeg.jpg

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Wildhorst apparently said Kyrie is a possibility. On the court, I get it. But. Yeah.

I think he's still a very good (not great) player. I think him being an expirer in this particular CBA year is a big advantage if you want to take back vet pieces. Teams now have to avoid the second apron like the plague. This means I have absolutely no feel for who is available. And who is available will determine the return more than Harden himself.
Could see Harris doing that. Also making Kanye team ambassador

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
This new barkley commercial is hilarious. They let him curse on a national tv commercial and bleep it out. Whom else could get away with such a thing?

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Is this a tough scene for guys like Woj or Shams?

I mean, people like us know they’re just mouthpieces for sources. I don’t think the people that float in and out will come across things like this.

For example, you cannot convince me the Knicks interest in Harden is anything but one of Harden/Morey trying to create leverage on LAC. Brunson-Harden makes zero sense.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I would take Morris, Norm, and Mann in an instant for Harden.

Might be more than what Morey traded for a 23 year old Harden :laugh:.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Good write up..

Also good that Harden couldn't leverage Houston against the Sixers. He really had not much option but to pick up his option and ask to be traded. Interesting comments about Embiid too....especially in light of Rivers' comments about Harden being a challenge to convince to move the ball around more instead of dribbling a hole into the court...

Morey will hold on for the right pieces if he has to...

"I'm getting traded to a situation where everything was geared toward Joel, everything was Joel, Joel, Joel," Harden said of his first year with the Sixers during a wide-ranging interview with FOX Sports in October. "Which I get, that's how they were playing the entire year, and so I was trying to fit in. It was never, like, ‘Here, you're James Harden, this is how we want you to run the show.' That's the kind of role I was playing."

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
It just never made sense to keep Harden..especially with Nurse so not surprised he is on the outs.....and I'm glad.
Meanwhile the Raps are going to get screwed by the midget FVV. glad he will be gone but wish it was thru S&T.

Crazy that tomorrow, FVV will make 7 million more per, than Harden. Gross.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad