The Pete Deboer Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Maybe it's DeBo, maybe it's Barr, but I really like the personnel used on PKs. Almost everyone is getting a chance to prove themselves and contribute out there. Kovalchuk, while used carefully, has been a pleasant surprise. Henrique is learning on the go. Even Teddy's gotten a few shifts and, somehow, Cam snuck out there too. Only Clarkson, Sykora and Boulton haven't gotten PK time.

I don’t know how they do it exactly, but when the other team dumps the puck in on the PK, we seem to get to it first and clear it out 80% of the time. that’s HUGE, and it forces them to try to skate it over the line, which is rarely effective. PDB credits barr on that, as do I. I’m going to try to figure out what he’s doing so well and how they get to the puck first. some kind of immediate diamond formation? aliens? you can’t explain that.

Big#D

You can't not love that this team has let in only two goals in 13 games in real PK situations (other than the two from that b.s. 5 min boarding penalty on Clarkson). It won't last forever, but that's pretty awesome.

edit: i guess it was 3 goals. i thought the second nashville goal was a pp goal, but it happened 2 seconds after the penalty expired.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
He's certainly not MacLean. I think it's wise to wait a little longer yet to evaluate him, but I like what I see so far. The system fits the players, and the team is buying in and winning at a respectable clip, considering the injuries.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
There is not much of it going on these day. He will get none from me. Lock this up please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad