Recalled/Assigned: The Pens have recalled defenseman Derrick Pouliot from from the WBS

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
I'm guessing he's up for good. Rutherford said when he comes up he won't be going back down.

What would make you think this is that scenario? Not saying it isn't, but what happens when Letang gets healthy?

This is probably more to do with injuries and waivers than actually wanting to bring him up for good.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Interesting. Bringing him up is awesome. Just don't sit him in the press box night in and night out.

Maatta-Daley
Dumoulin-Lovejoy
Cole-Pouliot

I'm guessing?

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
What would make you think this is that scenario? Not saying it isn't, but what happens when Letang gets healthy?

This is probably more to do with injuries and waivers than actually wanting to bring him up for good.

For sure. But it's not like they can't sell the masses on sitting Ian Cole for him when we're healthy.

thecore

Jul 2, 2008
Nebraska
steeltuxbird.blogspot.com

When Letang gets healthy they should send Warsovsky down and rotate between Cole and DP (whoever is playing better). It makes sense, but not sure it will happen.

Artie Party

Oct 1, 2014
Pittsburgh

I think they would bring up another guy from WBS for a few games that would most likely clear waivers. The big thing with Pouliot is that he can't hit the bonuses this year that would count against the cap next year now that the season is more than halfway over. I think he would have been called up sooner this season but money wise it wasn't really worth it. It's a small difference in cap hit but ultimately it is a few hundred K that would be a difference for a cap team.

joeyjake5

Feb 23, 2014
Just have to respond to the above, Tanger had another stroke while watching the game in the press box:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
For sure. But it's not like they can't sell the masses on sitting Ian Cole for him when we're healthy.

But if he's going to be in a platoon type rotation, then it does him no good. He needs to play, not play for 2 or 3 games then sit for 2 or 3.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
But if he's going to be in a platoon type rotation, then it does him no good. He needs to play, not play for 2 or 3 games then sit for 2 or 3.

Definitely not, but he doesn't need to be all that good to replace Ian Cole. If he takes our transition game up a notch and scores a goal every once in awhile, he only needs to be questionable defensively to be a better player than Cole.

Cole's already questionable at everything.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
when Letang is healthy, they should redo the entire defense and go with

Maatta - Letang
Dumo - Daley
*Pouliot - Lovejoy
Cole

But they won't, because they are stupid.

*assuming Pouliot doesn't look like poop

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad