Prospect Info: The Pavel Buchnevich Thread (1/29 - Scores Pair of Goals vs Old Team)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Here are the highlights of Buchnevich today.

Yes, thats right, 0 playing time, not a single shift, doesn't even get on the score sheet because he didn't enter the game.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
So I caught the late 2nd period on today. No shifts like you all have seen. But here's the thing guys and let me know what you think. The world championships are held in St Petersburg in May. He's on SKA, which is in St Petersburg. He's supposedly not good enough to Zubov or SKA that there's 12 forwards alone on SKA that are worthy of playing over him. So all of this WC talk about him being on the roster I can't see how he'd play there either. I can't see him sitting game 2 and not getting any action. Can't risk going down 2-0. They'll play him, they'd be crazy not to. They trade for every teams best player and have no plan. Look at the Russian championship teams and Olympic teams, same story they have no idea what they're doing. Kablulov, Dergachyov, Ketov getting minutes but Buch can't? Well if SKA is eliminated and a big IF, Russia probably will select Kovi, Shipachyov, Gusev, Dadonov, and who knows, maybe more top KHL guys depending on what teams are eliminated. Where's he playing in the WC too? Left bench near the water jug? I'm sick of this

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
Can't get him over to NA soon enough. Far more confidence in our development team than SKA or anyone else in that league.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So I caught the late 2nd period on today. No shifts like you all have seen. But here's the thing guys and let me know what you think. The world championships are held in St Petersburg in May. He's on SKA, which is in St Petersburg. He's supposedly not good enough to Zubov or SKA that there's 12 forwards alone on SKA that are worthy of playing over him. So all of this WC talk about him being on the roster I can't see how he'd play there either. I can't see him sitting game 2 and not getting any action. Can't risk going down 2-0. They'll play him, they'd be crazy not to. They trade for every teams best player and have no plan. Look at the Russian championship teams and Olympic teams, same story they have no idea what they're doing. Kablulov, Dergachyov, Ketov getting minutes but Buch can't? Well if SKA is eliminated and a big IF, Russia probably will select Kovi, Shipachyov, Gusev, Dadonov, and who knows, maybe more top KHL guys depending on what teams are eliminated. Where's he playing in the WC too? Left bench near the water jug? I'm sick of this

I think the point is that he should be playing, and this coach just doesn't know what he's doing. He was one of Russia's best forwards in the recent Russian National Team games and the Russian fans on HF are talking about him and a few other younger players as an option for the WC, although what will probably happen is he'll get called to the training camp, but will be one of the last cuts because of NHL players and older players, which'll mean no WC and no playoffs with the NYR this season. :shakehead

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Get. Him. Out. Of. Russia.

I'm talking Sather taking a secret flight to St. Petersburg and getting him out of there in the dead of night like Evgeni Malkin.

He would be this team's free trade deadline "rental" for some more scoring punch.

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
The
Here are the highlights of Buchnevich today.

Yes, thats right, 0 playing time, not a single shift, doesn't even get on the score sheet because he didn't enter the game.

That's crazy... Even when torts sat a guy on the bench he still played at least on the first. Anyone else remember the triple overtime with stu bickle riding the pine pony almost the entire game

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
Is it a normal rule that they can dress 7 Dmen and 13 forwards as long as they only play 12F or something? According to the box score they played 7 D and 12F with those tweets showing Buch on the bench as 13th with no ice time.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Is it a normal rule that they can dress 7 Dmen and 13 forwards as long as they only play 12F or something? According to the box score they played 7 D and 12F with those tweets showing Buch on the bench as 13th with no ice time.

I believe in the KHL you dress 13F and 7D. Like the Olympics, all teams dressed 13F and 7D.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
A professional powerhouse team with an NHL experienced head coach who was a decorated player himself and who I'm sure already forgot about hockey what most here will never even scratch... he won't play Pavel even a minute... that to me speaks volumes. Huge red flag. I don't expect him to make the impact a lot of you HOPE he will. There is no indication he is half the player you all think he is. He has not proven it to his coaches to earn ice time in a pro league and he's gonna do it here? HAHA

lucky13

Iron Chic
Sep 17, 2006
Ridgewood, NY
A professional powerhouse team with an NHL experienced head coach who was a decorated player himself and who I'm sure already forgot about hockey what most here will never even scratch... he won't play Pavel even a minute... that to me speaks volumes. Huge red flag. I don't expect him to make the impact a lot of you HOPE he will. There is no indication he is half the player you all think he is. He has not proven it to his coaches to earn ice time in a pro league and he's gonna do it here? HAHA

Please tell me more about how great all ex players are at coaching.... How did things work out for 99 in the desert again??

RiffyNYR61

Nov 12, 2008
PENN STATE
Please tell me more about how great all ex players are at coaching.... How did things work out for 99 in the desert again??

Don't forget what an amazing coach Bryan Trottier was. There's no way a great player could ever completely mismanage a team from behind the bench. :help:

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY

The guy works hard when I watch the games, takes hits, battled, raises his compete level in big games. Scored in the last regular season game of his possible KHL career and the sequence in which he scored shows how he can be a top player. Red flags? Yea I don't think so. Speaks volumes? Zubov seems to have no idea on that bench. Go rotate your six forwards in overtime Sergei. They bought all top forwards and other teams stars and are down 1-0 in the series. Can't just buy the best players. Why dress him? He doesn't deserve one shift? Give me a break, and they're claiming they wanna re sign Pavel? Hahaha

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I don't give a good rats arse how deep a team you have. You don't dress a kid and give him 0 shifts.

There's no development in that. Zubov and the rest of the management there are complete idiots.

He must have outright rejected a contract offer and they are ******** over it.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Why go too far - Stempniak shouldn't be playing in the NHL because he lost a line-up spot to Glass (a huge red flag). But wait, it is a former grinder, barely a coach AV who made that determination. Now a former All-Star like Zubov with his vast coaching experience made a call re. playing Buch in game 1. So, yeah, it's a China- or USSR- size red flag for me too.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
Listen I am a big fan of the NYR but I don't stop being objective because of that. I understand the fear behind a lot of your comments. There has been a lynch mob mentality on this thread ever since we traded away Anthony Duclair. And now everyone is praying and hoping this guy will be a savior and that the Rangers made a mistake in trading away their best offensive prospect. So now the second is the best one left and he better pan out. I understand. So now a lot of you are clinging and hanging on to Butcher and he can do no wrong. And listen I understand he might be better than Duclair but we don't know that yet. And he has not earned playing time in his team. That is not speculation or hope that is fact. What I do know is the expectations on this kids back when he gets here and if he gets here will be astronomical and motivated by fan fear. But its not his fault and I hope people understand that. I don't expect him to come here and light the league on fire. There is no evidence that projects to him doing so. So far.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
I don't give a good rats arse how deep a team you have. You don't dress a kid and give him 0 shifts.

There's no development in that. Zubov and the rest of the management there are complete idiots.

You know what? Good though, I hope they bench him in game two and they lose again. Matter of fact I hope by Saturday this team is done for. Even in overtime, this team lives and dies by six forwards. This isn't normal. Roll two lines every other shift. Kovalchuk-Kadeikin-Shirokov/Moses and the Dadonov-Ship-Gusev line. Like Alex Nunn said on Twitter, they'll probably win one due to their offense but the management is clearly abysmal. Went out grabbed Moses, Shirokov, stole Gusev and Buchnevich . They bought everyone and Koskinen is suspect in net. Can't wait for game two to see what's next. Can't wait to see different lines again, Zubov mixes and matches like he's got OCD.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Listen I am a big fan of the NYR but I don't stop being objective because of that. I understand the fear behind a lot of your comments. There has been a lynch mob mentality on this thread ever since we traded away Anthony Duclair. And now everyone is praying and hoping this guy will be a savior and that the Rangers made a mistake in trading away their best offensive prospect. So now the second is the best one left and he better pan out. I understand. So now a lot of you are clinging and hanging on to Butcher and he can do no wrong. And listen I understand he might be better than Duclair but we don't know that yet. And he has not earned playing time in his team. That is not speculation or hope that is fact. What I do know is the expectations on this kids back when he gets here and if he gets here will be astronomical and motivated by fan fear. But its not his fault and I hope people understand that. I don't expect him to come here and light the league on fire. There is no evidence that projects to him doing so. So far.

lol objective...

Theres nothing but pure ignorance in what you posted. This is coming from someone who is far from sold on Buchnevich and thinks that Duclair will be the better player in the long run.

Pointing to a coach not playing a kid as a major red flag is a joke. We have a coach who has taken this team deep into the playoffs 2 years in a row and hes made it abundantly clear that he has no idea what the hell hes doing.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY

You know what? Good though, I hope they bench him in game two and they lose again. Matter of fact I hope by Saturday this team is done for. Even in overtime, this team lives and dies by six forwards. This isn't normal. Roll two lines every other shift. Kovalchuk-Kadeikin-Shirokov/Moses and the Dadonov-Ship-Gusev line. Like Alex Nunn said on Twitter, they'll probably win one due to their offense but the management is clearly abysmal. Went out grabbed Moses, Shirokov, stole Gusev and Buchnevich . They bought everyone and Koskinen is suspect in net. Can't wait for game two to see what's next. Can't wait to see different lines again, Zubov mixes and matches like he's got OCD.

lucky13

Iron Chic
Sep 17, 2006
Ridgewood, NY
So many sweeping generalizations.... So lil time

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

Unless you ARE Sergei Zubov, it's speculation. In fact, even if you are him, it's simply your opinion. Saying he hasn't earned the playing time is absolutely a subjective statement.

How many people on these forums believe that McIlrath has earned more playing time, yet he still doesn't get it? I won't argue about who's right and wrong, but neither side's arguments are rooted in fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad