Prospect Info: The Pavel Buchnevich Thread (1/29 - Scores Pair of Goals vs Old Team)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Other thread was close to hitting 1,000. Decided to start the new one a bit early so I could be the OP and update the stats (don't shoot me mods! :help:)

--------

Yes we have a general prospect thread, but he's our top prospect, and a top forward prospect in the NHL, also this is a "Prospect" hockey message board after all ;)

"Pavel Buchnevich named the 14th top prospect on Corey Pronman’s list of the top 100 NHL prospects. (ESPN Insider)"

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwriownkowm0mtm3njm1ztllngrkodu2y2e4mji3ndbh.jpeg

------------------------------------------------------------
Season Stats:

GP: 53 | G: 14 | A: 21 | P: 35 (.66 Points per Game) | PIM: 22 | -7 | SOG: 143

Last Game: 6-1 Win (2G/1A/2P)
Next Game: 2/1/2016
--
SKA's Team Record: (31-18-6) (Ranked 8th out of 28th in league)

1st goal of the season (start at 3:17):

Last edited:

*Bob Richards*

What time are his games usually on? I'm Tri-State area based.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
On the Eastern Russia road-trip, a day game starts between 2 and 4 AM. Night games are between like 6-8 AM. They already completed this road-trip for this season though.

Most of the other parts of Russia, day games start between 9:30-11:30 AM, and night games start at 12:00-12:30 PM.

RangersOwnNewYork*

I just want to know what are the chances of this guy playing on the rangers this spring because they really need him.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Buch and Sev lost 2-1. Buch with just 1 shot on goal today, but like PB said, he did get the lone assist on the only goal his team could score. He was hounding a guy on the forecheck which led to the defenseman turning it over to him, Buch then found a man sneaking it from the point behind the defense and fed him who scored.

Season Stats:

GP: 35 | G: 12 | A: 15 | P: 27 (.77 Points per Game) | PIM: 16 | -1 | SOG: 103

Last Game: 2-1 Loss (0G/1A/1P)
Next Game: Dec 3rd vs Lokomotiv (25-11-2)
--
Severstal's Team Record: 14-19-2 (Ranked 26th out of 28th in league)

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I just want to know what are the chances of this guy playing on the rangers this spring because they really need him.

Depends on whether he is selected to play for Russia at the World's.

If he isn't selected, could be a real possibility he becomes the equivalent of a final quarter trade.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
One of Pavel's teammates suffered a terrible injury yesterday. He was hit in the side of the head with a puck. A concussion, broken maxilla, broken cheekbone, torn eardrum and a concussion. Recovery time is four months. I believe he's out for the season, but translating from Russian to English doesn't make it clear if he's out for the season or has retired from hockey.

The video is graphic, just a warning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYorr8Clkbk

Last edited:

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
One of Pavel's teammates suffered a terrible injury yesterday. He was hit in the side of the head with a puck. A concussion, broken maxilla, broken cheekbone, torn eardrum and a concussion. Recovery time is four months. I believe he's out for the season, but translating from Russian to English doesn't make it clear if he's out for the season or has retired from hockey.

The video is graphic, just a warning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYorr8Clkbk

I'm not even going to watch but that just sounds horrible. Hopefully he is able to make it back this season.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Played under 15 minutes for some reason. Only 1 shot on goal.

Season Stats:

GP: 37 | G: 12 | A: 16 | P: 28 (.76 Points per Game) | PIM: 16 | -3 | SOG: 108

Last Game: 3-2 OT Loss (0G/1A/1P)
Next Game: Dec 7th vs Dynamo Msk (21-12-5)
--
Severstal's Team Record: 14-20-3 (Ranked 27th out of 28th in league)

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Played under 15 minutes for some reason. Only 1 shot on goal.

Season Stats:

GP: 37 | G: 12 | A: 16 | P: 28 (.76 Points per Game) | PIM: 16 | -3 | SOG: 108

Last Game: 3-2 OT Loss (0G/1A/1P)
Next Game: Dec 7th vs Dynamo Msk (21-12-5)
--
Severstal's Team Record: 14-20-3 (Ranked 27th out of 28th in league)

Those jerks better give him 20+ minutes next game. :rant::rant::rant:

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Maybe this will keep up and he can flee over to NA instead of waiting for a trade to happen :naughty:

Edit: wait, does he have to finish the KHL season before he does anything like that?

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
It looks like Chris Drury is in Moscow right now and going to watch tonight's Dynamo Moscow - Severstal.

As to the picture above, it was made during his interview to the site, where he said, he had a dream to play in the NHL, but wanted to come to the Rangers as prepared as possible to not be sent down to the AHL.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
It looks like Chris Drury is in Moscow right now and going to watch tonight's Dynamo Moscow - Severstal.

As to the picture above, it was made during his interview to the site, where he said, he had a dream to play in the NHL, but wanted to come to the Rangers as prepared as possible to not be sent down to the AHL.

Do you have a link to the interview? Thanks!

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I found it. This is google translated from Russian, so it doesn't make grammatical sense.

http://translate.google.com/transla...razu-probitsja-v-osnovu-ne-khochu-v-akhl.html

"I had to leave early in the" Rangers ". Team leaders are constantly there, it is difficult at this age to get into the part. Now here I go scouts watching. In the "Dynamo" about to arrive. Let's see what they say. Wait - do not wait. I want to immediately get into the base. Who wants in the AHL? Why go to the AHL? Many who went there, but I do not want to like them. If I left, too, probably, would be sent to the AHL and would play there all season. And I think the KHL more AHL. I understand that it is impossible to get one-way contract, but was in that year contract, there were all well written. It was determined the date by which if I do not get to the NHL, it is possible to go back to Europe, in Russia - wherever I want.

Anyway, I have a dream. Anyway, I want to try their hand in the best league in the world, to prove that you are capable of playing in the NHL. Much more interesting to play with the best, than just to play hockey and make money. Always have time to come back, "- said Buchnevich.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad