The Out of Town Thread CXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
It sounds like McDavid is out for awhile, so forget everything I've ever said about the Oilers potentially getting into the playoffs this year. He was why they were even competitive.

Another top 5 pick incoming?

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
It sounds like McDavid is out for awhile, so forget everything I've ever said about the Oilers potentially getting into the playoffs this year. He was why they were even competitive.

Another top 5 pick incoming?

Bette be safe than sorry. You never have too much of top 5 draft picks.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Rehabbing a broken collarbone really sucks, I can attest to that :help:. I broke my left side one playing football in College back in the day. To make it extra crappy I'm lefthanded which made everyday acts super uncomfortable .

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Every time I watch Oilers I can't get passed the fact they have 4 first overalls in their lineup. No matter how good they may end up being one day I will never respect for how this team was built.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Rehabbing a broken collarbone really sucks, I can attest to that :help:. I broke my left side one playing football in College back in the day. To make it extra crappy I'm lefthanded which made everyday acts super uncomfortable .

Isn't being a lefty making everyday life uncomfortable anyway

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Confirmed or just a guess on your part?

Is just my guess. 19 years old Franchise player needing surgery to repair a fracture collarbone, you'll think they will take their time to get him back playing. Now it's a different story if he is like MaxPac.

Patccmoi

Aug 11, 2010
And Draisaitl (sp?) is 3rd overall I think?

They could basically have 2 lines that are:

1st-1st-3rd
1st-1st-4th

and they have like 7th in Nurse at the blueline.

It's absolutely ********. And without McDavid for a good part of the season I wouldn't even be surprised if they get another top 10 (top 5?) pick this year.

I can't believe the league is seeing this going on for many years and not doing anything about the system to prevent it. You can't favor bad management that much, it just makes no sense.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004

1st-1st-3rd
1st-1st-4th

It's absolutely ********. And without McDavid for a good part of the season I wouldn't even be surprised if they get another top 10 (top 5?) pick this year.

I can't believe the league is seeing this going on for many years and not doing anything about the system to prevent it. You can't favor bad management that much, it just makes no sense.
Basically they are rewarding mediocrity and bad management. That's all I can think of when i watch Oilers.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC

Well they did, finally. Last year they tweaked it and the Oilers still won the lottery despite not finishing last. This year and in future years the odds are going to be even more evenly distributed among non playoff teams, it'll be interesting to see what difference it makes.

The Oilers only had an 11.5% chance of winning the lottery last year and getting McDavid and they did.

They also won the lottery in 2012 to select Yakupov, they only had an 18.8% chance then.

Tanking or not they've also had an astronomical amount of luck to be able to make those selections.

Last edited:

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

1st-1st-3rd
1st-1st-4th

The league never did anything to prevent it because never before has a team had like top 5 picks for like 7 of 10 years. Edmonton is setting a new bar for being a terrible franchise on the ice.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Every time I watch Oilers I can't get passed the fact they have 4 first overalls in their lineup. No matter how good they may end up being one day I will never respect for how this team was built.

Agreed 100%. And with all the talent that's fallen into their lap over the years they almost can't help but become a successful teams despite their incompetence.

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal

No one will ever respect the Oilers for those reasons.

Add another incoming top 10 pick this year for them.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
CHI 5- STL 2......AFTER the 1st period.

Didn't see that coming. I guess this will play defensive for the rest of the game :sarcasm:

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
The Oilers it seems still haven't found a answer to their goaltending problem. That goal by Frolik to win the game shouldn't have went in past Talbot. They should have went after someone more proven. That's what they need in net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad