OT: The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
They're extremely close to the record for most players used in one season, currently 82 and I think the record is in the 83-85 range. And they still have 6 games to go!

This team has even had to roll out a back up punter. It’s insane.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
They're extremely close to the record for most players used in one season, currently 82 and I think the record is in the 83-85 range. And they still have 6 games to go!
Pretty sure it's currently at 82 and the record is 84. Pretty positive they said they would tie or break the record this weekend.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
What is worst case scenario for Cincy? Michigan winning a close one today and Bama beating UGA in SEC Championship?

Or are they pretty much a lock at this point?

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Ryan Tannehill is going to struggle with a good patriots defense surrounded by a practice squad offense. You can already see the hot taeks, “Tannehill just doesn’t have it, Titans need more weapons, they just can’t beat good teams.” Facts be damned.

Reactions: LCPreds

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Ryan Tannehill is going to struggle with a good patriots defense surrounded by a practice squad offense. You can already see the hot taeks, “Tannehill just doesn’t have it, Titans need more weapons, they just can’t beat good teams.” Facts be damned.

Was thinking the same. He'll throw some picks. It will be called 'bad decision' but at some point you have to decide what to do. Are you going to take chances or should he just tuck and run or take a sack every time his practice squad level WRs get blanketed by the Pats defense? (which will probably be about every time they call a pass play)

Oh wait we signed Golden Tate off the couch so we're saved!

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Well. Looks like AJ Brown just got put on IR. Out at least next 3 games. Will be amazing when the Titans limp into the playoffs, set the total players used record, get everyone back in time for the playoffs, make a run.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
What is worst case scenario for Cincy? Michigan winning a close one today and Bama beating UGA in SEC Championship?

Or are they pretty much a lock at this point?

That's the only scenario where I could see Cincy dropping back to 5 but I cant imagine the blowback if the final 4 is 2 SEC and 2 Big 10, all with losses, and OSU with 2 losses.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
That's the only scenario where I could see Cincy dropping back to 5 but I cant imagine the blowback if the final 4 is 2 SEC and 2 Big 10, all with losses, and OSU with 2 losses.

Only other thing I can think of is maybe a 1 loss Oklahoma State bumping one of the Big 10 or SEC in this scenario? Would definitely be an out of nowhere slap in the face that should require some specific explanation (that we would likely not get). I guess it would be an even bigger slap in the face if they went full ratings and popped ND ahead of Cincy.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Only other thing I can think of is maybe a 1 loss Oklahoma State bumping one of the Big 10 or SEC in this scenario? Would definitely be an out of nowhere slap in the face that should require some specific explanation (that we would likely not get). I guess it would be an even bigger slap in the face if they went full ratings and popped ND ahead of Cincy.

I dont see any scenario where ND gets in ahead of an undefeated Cincinnati. And I remember now that Ohio St already has a loss. If Michigan holds on today I dont see how you keep the Buckeyes ahead of Cincinnati, assuming Cincy wins out of course.

Harbaugh gonna get a huge monkey off his back today from the looks of things

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I dont see any scenario where ND gets in ahead of an undefeated Cincinnati. And I remember now that Ohio St already has a loss. If Michigan holds on today I dont see how you keep the Buckeyes ahead of Cincinnati, assuming Cincy wins out of course.

Harbaugh gonna get a huge monkey off his back today from the looks of things
Right now, my guess is
Georgia beats Alabama, Michigan wins B10, Cincy and ND round out the top 4.
However, I could see Ok St passing ND, and even as a ND fan, I'm okay with that. Here's a funny thought though.

Alabama beats Georgia, now both go and ND is out, that one is easy. What if though,
Georgia beats Alabama and Wisconsin beats Michigan?

My luck, ND gets in as a 4 and matches up against one of the best Georgia teams in their history in a year ND is really rebuilding.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Cincinnati should be in unless Bama beats Georgia (assuming they win today). What would be real interesting is if Bama loses the Iron Bowl and then beats Georgia in the SEC Championship. Either way would have to think a one loss Georgia gets in but what about Bama in that situation? Kind of crazy we may end up with a playoffs where none of Bama, Ohio State, or Clemson are in it. May actually make me interested in watching it again.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Getting a glimpse of what the 3-8 version of the Titans looks like. Hopefully they can hold on to a playoff spot and get everyone back in time for round 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad