OT: The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
yeah, the 11.7 rule really makes most schools only offer to the kids that can't afford school. If your parents can afford the school, you're not getting a piece of that 11.7.

Nick still wants to play and pitch, so he's more interested in smaller NAIA schools anyway.

Baseball is baseball, I don't care where he plays.

Have you looked at/talked to Lindsey Wilson?

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
He has not. They're not on his list, don't know why. Not too far away though, seems like a good program too.

Yeah several kids from here have gone there. It's a college that was basically created for the purpose of small school athletics..

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
All of those guys are local, RA Dickey, David Price, Sonny Gray, Mookie Betts, Tony Kemp and Robbie Ray are all local boys. A lot of them ended up at Vandy.

Funny that travel team, that Mookie and Robbie played on at one time also had Tony Kemp as their 2nd baseman.

For the record, a couple of the Sheffield boys who are also from Middle TN look to join those guys soon.

A little late on this, but I grew up with David Price. He was a year older than me. We went to the same middle school and high school. I played against him growing up in rec leagues in M'boro. He was the only dude 10-12 yo who was already throwing 70mph lol. I vividly remember being terrified to bat against him. I played with him in middle school. Quit playing baseball in high school, but got to witness his greatness. He is (was) a big video gamer. When he was at Vandy we played Halo quite a bit. Still can't believe how he was the #1 pick and how much money he has made. Holy moly! Good for him.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
A little late on this, but I grew up with David Price. He was a year older than me. We went to the same middle school and high school. I played against him growing up in rec leagues in M'boro. He was the only dude 10-12 yo who was already throwing 70mph lol. I vividly remember being terrified to bat against him. I played with him in middle school. Quit playing baseball in high school, but got to witness his greatness. He is (was) a big video gamer. When he was at Vandy we played Halo quite a bit. Still can't believe how he was the #1 pick and how much money he has made. Holy moly! Good for him.
Dude, that's awesome. My son is a huge fan, of course, since he's a pitcher at Blackman. When he first tried out in 6th grade at Blackman he came home to let me know he threw off the same mound that David Price did. They renamed our field last year "David Price Field". He gives back about every year now. There's a Blackman kid at UT this year people need to keep an eye on, Drew Beam. Vetter says Drew was ahead of Sonny in high schools (Vetter coached at Smyrna before coming over to Blackman)

Reactions: predfan24

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
OSU will obliterate them.
Georgia will destroy Alabama in the SEC title game.

So that will leave UGA the 1 seed, OSU the 2 seed,Cincinnati the three seed,and then either Notre Dame or Oklahoma State as the 4.

Cincinnati vs OSU in the semis.... just what every Cincy fan wants and every OSU fan dreads.
Can't speak for others, but this tOSU fan wants that fight. I'm confident in my team, and even if the unexpected occurs I simply don't fear the possibility of us losing a single talking point out of a 110+ year history of elite badassery. :)

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Covid toe isn't actually a thing. They found out its caused by people walking around with bare feet. Being people were spending more time at home due to covid they had shoes on less often and thus the issue.

I don't have a link for it but they apparently already did a study on it.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Covid toe isn't actually a thing. They found out its caused by people walking around with bare feet. Being people were spending more time at home due to covid they had shoes on less often and thus the issue.

I don't have a link for it but they apparently already did a study on it.

The resident doctor just said it was real. I’ll go with that over the study you think they might have done that one time lol.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
The resident doctor just said it was real. I’ll go with that over the study you think they might have done that one time lol.
Looking into it further what they are referring to as covid toes is a different deal than what was originally researched.

What they are referring to now is this rash/frostbite looking stuff. The research I saw was on people like Rodgers ( foot pain ) and in those cases they found all of them to be related back to a fracture like him or from stubbing their toes on hardwood, etc.

This is a different deal.

Last edited:

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I was just quoting a tweet that I had seen. There are conditions where the toe gets inflamed from the bodies inflammatory response, but Rodgers apparently was just bullshitting and it really is an old fracture

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I was just quoting a tweet that I had seen. There are conditions where the toe gets inflamed from the bodies inflammatory response, but Rodgers apparently was just bullshitting and it really is an old fracture
Yeah which according to the ESPN article I read wasn't even factually correct. It was from a joke he made on an interview that apparently the Wall Street Journal took to be fact. :facepalm:

I get taking it wrong in print format but listening to it you should be able to tell it was a joke. Journalism at its finest.

Last edited:

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Yeah which according to the ESPN article I read wasn't even factually correct. It was from a joke he made on an interview that apparently the Wall Street Journal took to be fact. :facepalm:

I get taking it wrong in print format but listening to it you should be able to tell it was a joke. Journalism at its finest.

How is one supposed to determine someone is telling a joke when a) covid toe is real and b) it’s Aaron rodgers.

was he also joking when he basically lied about being vaxxed or whatever terminology he used?

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
How is one supposed to determine someone is telling a joke when a) covid toe is real and b) it’s Aaron rodgers.

was he also joking when he basically lied about being vaxxed or whatever terminology he used?
According to the article he wasn't the one that brought it up, the host was chuckling as he asked him if it was Covid toe. Based on the ESPN article it was apparently pretty obvious.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
I don't have dogs.
clearly since you don’t know why anyone would not go barefoot with dogs. Let me just say that milkbones tend to break with very sharp edges and draw blood when stepped on by bare feet at 3AM when you have to pee. The poop is not an issue as dogs house train easily. Mine hasn’t done that since she was a puppy.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
clearly since you don’t know why anyone would not go barefoot with dogs. Let me just say that milkbones tend to break with very sharp edges and draw blood when stepped on by bare feet at 3AM when you have to pee. The poop is not an issue as dogs house train easily. Mine hasn’t done that since she was a puppy.
Clearly you are taking that comment far more seriously than I was.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
#DerrickHenry RB1 #JeremyMcNichols RB2 #JulioJones WR2 #AJBrown WR1 #MarcusJohnson WR3 #NateDavis OG1 #TeairTart DL #RashaanEvans ILB1 #DavidLong ILB2 all out. So our number 4 wideout is now number 1, our number 3 running back, and number 3 ILB are all now number 1s... I don't remember any team having this many injuries to key players like this...

They're extremely close to the record for most players used in one season, currently 82 and I think the record is in the 83-85 range. And they still have 6 games to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad