OT: The OT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Also, this tennis game is pretty intense. It's the longest tennis set in Olyimpic history. Canada-France. 22-22.

EDIT: damn, Milos(Canada) lost. 25-23.

Last edited:

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I am pretty sure I read about the Neutrinos being tested in the same way again, and they were unable to duplicate the results.

The Higgs is indeed very exciting. Opens up a lot of possibilities for new testing as well.

I'm pretty sure I've read the same thing. But could you imagine if it was true?!? It would completely redefine all of Einstein's work regarding relativity.

As far as the Higgs Boson, I'm pretty sure that confirming it's existence has no practical aspects to it. It simply confirms an already well integrated model of physics. But who knows, maybe physicists will learn enough about the mass-giving Higgs Boson to finally explain how gravity fits into this whole thing. Or maybe we can find out how mass is given. That would have endless practical aspects.

Imagine we could manipulate mass? I'd be floated my ass to work everyday like spider man.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I'm pretty sure I've read the same thing. But could you imagine if it was true?!? It would completely redefine all of Einstein's work regarding relativity.

As far as the Higgs Boson, I'm pretty sure that confirming it's existence has no practical aspects to it. It simply confirms an already well integrated model of physics. But who knows, maybe physicists will learn enough about the mass-giving Higgs Boson to finally explain how gravity fits into this whole thing. Or maybe we can find out how mass is given. That would have endless practical aspects.

Imagine we could manipulate mass? I'd be floated my ass to work everyday like spider man.

I was reading about something similar, about a paradox where if an atomic particle is traveling at the speed of light, then how do the electrons circle it? Because they would be traveling at the speed of light + the speed of rotation around the atom. (I don't know much about chemical physics as you can tell).

Really interesting science though. Wish I understood more of it.

I also watched a video actually discussing the practical applications of the Higgs Boson (or knowledge of how it works.) Was talking about using it to distort the mass of materials like steel, to make it lighter. Crazy stuff like that. If I remember where I found it ill link it here.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Well, looks like Canada plays against Great Britian for the soccer quarterfinals. We're screwed...

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Did you guys hear Snoop Dogg is no more, apparently after a spiritual awakening in Jamica, he is now.... wait for it....

Snoop Lion!!

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Did you guys hear Snoop Dogg is no more, apparently after a spiritual awakening in Jamica, he is now.... wait for it....

Snoop Lion!!

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I got something to discuss. Why does netflix suck so bad?!? There's been tens of thousands of films all over the world since the first motion picture, but I pay 8 bucks a month for a selection of 100. Really?

Does anybody know if there's a solid competitor, such as this flixter? I know there's free T.V streaming online, but those give your laptop viruses.... from what I hear though. See I would never use it because it's pirating :)sarcasm:)

Anyways... I want the quality of netflix but the selection of blockbuster. Anybody know of anything?

Last edited:

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I got something to discuss. Why does netflix suck so bad?!? There's been tens of thousands of films all over the world since the first motion picture, but I pay 8 bucks a month for a selection of 100. Really?

Does anybody know if there's a solid competitor, such as this flixter? I know there's free T.V streaming online, but those give your laptop viruses.... from what I hear though. See I would never use it because it's pirating :)scarcsm:)

Anyways... I want the quality of netflix but the selection of blockbuster. Anybody know of anything?

The American selection is much better I am hoping that it will catch up here in Canada.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
This thread is slowly turning into the segment "You Know What Grinds My Gears" :laugh:

@ MarkGio, sorry man I have no idea. I should get something like that though, and then I can start selling off my DVD collection of 500+. That would be much better than having to carry so many movies.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
This thread is slowly turning into the segment "You Know What Grinds My Gears" :laugh:

@ MarkGio, sorry man I have no idea. I should get something like that though, and then I can start selling off my DVD collection of 500+. That would be much better than having to carry so many movies.

I still buy DVDs of classic films and collectables. Such films like Ed Wood's Plan 9 from outer space, John Flynn's Brainscan, and of course, Double Team starring Denis Rodman. Anyways, I can watch netflix while doing the chores around the house. You just take your laptop to the next room.

I still pay for basic cable so I can watch Flames games, but I mostly find cable a costly endevour of flipping through nothing.

Last edited:

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary

You know what really grinds my gears? People in the nineteenth century. Why don't they get with the freaking program? It's called an automobile folks, it's much faster than a horse!

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago

Does anybody know if there's a solid competitor, such as this flixter? I know there's free T.V streaming online, but those give your laptop viruses.... from what I hear though. See I would never use it because it's pirating :)sarcasm:)

1 answer:

www.1channel.ch

Streaming, never had a virus, I just hook up my laptop to my tv and the audio to my surround sound. I rarely even use my DVR because of it.

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
Speaking of OT, I need an avy, almost 300 posts, it's about time. Can anyone make a sweet one? or do I have to aimlessly bash my keyboard in hopes of making something half decent.

BAW GAWD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad