Post-Game Talk: the only thing more painful than this game are the servers. Cats 4-1 over Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
Interesting that Balinskis gets recalled and is immediately playing more than Mahura. I wonder why Maurice doesn't like him. I'd hate to lose him though and could see him taking another step next year given the opportunity.

Reactions: MaWa

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
Interesting that Balinskis gets recalled and is immediately playing more than Mahura. I wonder why Maurice doesn't like him. I'd hate to lose him though and could see him taking another step next year given the opportunity.
Balinskis is just really solid. Mahura has been inconsistent. But to be fair, Balinskis was playing AHL games regularly while Mahura hasn't.

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
Balinskis is just really solid. Mahura has been inconsistent. But to be fair, Balinskis was playing AHL games regularly while Mahura hasn't.

Uvis has indeed been solid, impressive considering it's his first year in NA. And he'll be a regular next year since his deal is one way. Something has to give with Mahura.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Balinskis really clearly looks like he will be starting a lot of games for this team next season. Mahura is on his way out, which I think fits with what a poster here said previously about the situation.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
The play is extremely concerning honestly. Sandstrom let in 2 embarrassingly bad goals and Stolarz was insane, should have been a 3-1 loss. Not sure whats happened to the defensive structure.
I have the same concerns. It took them a long time to build up that defensive structure. I don't know if they can get it back before the playoffs. The goaltenders have been the only reason they haven't been giving up a lot of goals.

Reactions: ucanthanzalthetruth

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
maybe Ekblad is better than most of this of this board would give him credit for

dd174060739ed33a.jpg

No, he isn't.

• Haha
Reactions: batting1k

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
I don't think the current play has much to do with missing Ekblad. The whole team has been in a rut for a couple of weeks now and was with him also in the lineup. Just the natural ups and downs of a long season.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
He replaces Kulikov without a doubt
I actually wouldn't be surprised to see Kulikov back next year on another cheap 1 year.

Mahura is still an RFA so he'll likely be back again. Need to save $$$ where we can. Uvis might even take OEL's spot on the bottom pairing

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
They had won 12 of 13 when he went down

Oh ok, my timeline is a bit hazy :laugh: But still, everyone else shouldn't be playing disjointed when he's not in the lineup. I really don't think having him during the four game losing streak would've changed much. They were very low energy during that stretch.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
They’re just banged up and seemingly a little tiredness from 5 months of season. They don’t have to scratch and claw for a playoff spot this season, that desperation is not really in their game presently.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Given how pained Kuli was about leaving in the first place and how happy he was about getting back, I doubt he prices himself out.

OEL you have some wiggle room given that he is still getting paid by Vancouver and how well he has done this year. But who knows if he values winning over more pay.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Given how pained Kuli was about leaving in the first place and how happy he was about getting back, I doubt he prices himself out.

OEL you have some wiggle room given that he is still getting paid by Vancouver and how well he has done this year. But who knows if he values winning over more pay.

Your avatar is frightening me.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
They had won 12 of 13 when he went down
Ek is really good at stick work; interrupting the play, clearing the puck out of the zone either on forehand or backhand, and making passes. He also has a very good shot with accuracy. He’s good at boxing guys out and covers his guy well most of the time.

His only deficiency is his skating speed and relative lack of agility. He’s being called on that in a wistful way because if he had that, he’d probably be a Norris level guy every year he’s healthy enough to play enough games.

People want more from those who have a lot of talent and skill. So I get the joking, and participate in it, that’s my reasoning at least.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Ekblad's a quality player, and I think the defensive system we run now helps him, as it somewhat masks his lack of recovery speed. OEL likewise benefiting from that this season. I'm still really hesitant about throwing big money at him when he just constantly gets his legs mangled, though.

Reactions: RogerRoger
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad