Post-Game Talk: the only thing more painful than this game are the servers. Cats 4-1 over Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottyMascotty

Dec 24, 2017
St. Petersburg
1711340281092.png

MaWa

Oct 18, 2015
The play is extremely concerning honestly. Sandstrom let in 2 embarrassingly bad goals and Stolarz was insane, should have been a 3-1 loss. Not sure whats happened to the defensive structure.
Ummm....there is some guy from our defence who missed last couple games and who eats 25mins per game with all the tough matchups. Maybe it is connected. I can't remember his name because he is just some random shitter who would be overpaid even at 5mil per year. Does somebody remembers his name ?

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Ummm....there is some guy from our defence who missed last couple games and who eats 25mins per game with all the tough matchups. Maybe it is connected. I can't remember his name because he is just some random shitter who would be overpaid even at 5mil per year. Does somebody remembers his name ?
Their play has been bad for a month + (particularly at home). Gus has missed 2 games. They've been especially bad at home since 2024 started. If they can flip the switch all will be well but everyone looks checked out for some reason.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Win one of the 2 remaining vs TOR on April Fools day and we should have 2nd or better locked up.

Two major things need fixing, some actual discipline and playing better at home. Love the scrums and being the "dirtiest" team in the league but come playoffs, we don't want to be on the PK 5 or 6 times a game.

And if we do get 1st having home ice advantage, the guys have to start playing more confidently at home, if think having a full healthy lineup would help this out.

Reactions: 5 Hole

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
Their play has been bad for a month + (particularly at home). Gus has missed 2 games. They've been especially bad at home since 2024 started. If they can flip the switch all will be well but everyone looks checked out for some reason.
Yeah, the body language isn’t great out there. Everything looks like a struggle. I do wonder if they’re just gassed. The style of hockey the team plays has to take its toll.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Yeah, the body language isn’t great out there. Everything looks like a struggle. I do wonder if they’re just gassed. The style of hockey the team plays has to take its toll.

Don't also know the health of the team in general if there is a flu bug going around. Can't imagine it's easy playing an intense game with respiratory issues.

Reactions: Egblad

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
Don't also know the health of the team in general if there is a flu bug going around. Can't imagine it's easy playing an intense game with respiratory issues.
If I had to guess, they’re probably quite banged up. I think we forget that aspect as fans. Anybody who is pretty active and deals with activity related injuries such as in the gym realizes how limiting it can become. Get a few key guys with nagging injuries and the on-ice product starts to look a lot more crap.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
As others have pointed out, the injuries are visibly taking a toll on the team's structure and stability. Missing Barkov is huge but also cannot understate how important it is not having both Ekblad and Forsling in the lineup. That's the top pairing just off the ice completely.

The team was up 2-0 a minute into the 2nd. I think Maurice saw the cards on the table and chose to pull the team back. Flyers got a couple of decent chances (Frost breakaway) and Stolarz was once again an absolute wall but if the team plays right in front of him he'll make the stops. You basically can't give someone time to pick a corner on Tony because he's got everything down low covered. His pad work is incredible to watch this season.

After the 3-0 goal Maurice definitely backed the bus up and just told the boys to take it easy and secure the win. The shots were only 16-11 after 2 periods in favor of Philly so it's not like the game was particularly offensive or one-sided. Flyers only upped the pressure when they went down 3-0.

I think this was a really solid win all things considered. Great to get back in the W column and give these guys some confidence back.

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
yeah crazy what injuries these guys can fight through, i think ekblad suffered a ton against boston and by the finals had like 3 injuries he was playing with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad