The Offseason Thread

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
@Hammett2fb

I didn't mean it in the sense that Pulkkinen has shown a ton in his call ups, just that he is out of waiver exemption (am I remembering this incorrectly?), accomplished about as much as he can in the AHL, and has to be considered useful at least just in the sense that he is a right handed shooting player (of which the team has very few) and knows how to use his shot to score.

Even if he is just eased in with very sparing ES minutes and 2nd unit PP minutes, I think he deserves that kind of opportunity, because it is time for him to sink or swim in the NHL IMO. And the situation I've just described is all I would have expected from Semin, as I don't think he needs a ton of minutes to do what he does. Just sheltered offensive situations where he can use his offensive instincts to aid the team.

I'm not sure how Blash will operate at the NHL level though, so maybe he will want Pulkkinen to be able to hang on a checking line before giving him offensive opportunities (like Babcock would have done).

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Does this mean my frenzy is over? Now we just have off-season hangover.

I've developed an off-season addiction. I feel like the result of a Holmgren and Sather affair.

547375081605fb2d16000230.jpg

Yall got some right handed defensemen??:naughty:

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I love when the joke comes organically through discussion. My off-hand remark, an Eternal Sunshine quip, then slammed home by Flashy.

Pretty quiet around the NHL right now. There's still decent players left to sign in free agency. Seems they are all waiting for the right pieces to fall into place. Like, for example, Oduya is waiting for Chicago to make room for him.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
He uhh... fits in a little too well with that character.... it's seamless, flawless.

I wonder if that means anything.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
He uhh... fits in a little too well with that character.... it's seamless, flawless.

I wonder if that means anything.

It took a surprising amount of color correcting to get his face to match Chappelles skin color!

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
I like your choice to show Holland's ears :P instead of putting them under the hat. Just a funny observation.

If it was for a GDT and not just a quick shop I would have put one in and one out, then shaded the hat behind the ear like I did on his forehead.

I got lazy on this one.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
FANTASTIC Tyrone Biggums. Big thumbs up.

Now we just need Holland to don his Rick James dreadlocks and say something about needing a helluva thug... :D

T Low

Oct 18, 2008
Anyone one else spot Dekeyser, Glenredwing, and Quincy together at Dave Mathews tonight at Pine Knob?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
It took a surprising amount of color correcting to get his face to match Chappelles skin color!

So much Chapelles show potential

Wings fans on the Blackhawks:

images

When we talk about potential free agents:

tumblr_ms0ah8XddV1swp729o1_500.gif

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
LOL!

Any chance that Larry Murphy could play some pickup basketball against Prince? Y'know, shirts versus blouses? :D

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
So what does Kenny do with the logjam? Quincey is most certain to be dealt right? It makes the most sense. It frees up the roster spot and cap space to sign our RFA. I say we trade for a pick and call it a day.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
So what does Kenny do with the logjam? Quincey is most certain to be dealt right? It makes the most sense. It frees up the roster spot and cap space to sign our RFA. I say we trade for a pick and call it a day.

He won't do anything. XO and Marchenko will just go to GR.

last_sd

Jun 9, 2007
Not sure how the cap works in the offseason, but doesn't the LTIR kick in when the season starts? Don't the RFA have to be signed before then? Forgive my ignorance.

You can be over the cap by 10% in offseason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad