The Official "What Grinds My Gears" Thread

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Possibility Wideman and Hudler's point total drop a bit but adding Bennett should address that. After that, it's just depends on how Gaudreau, Monahan, Russell, Brodie and Giordano do. It's reasonable to expect they maintain their current level of play if not improve on it.

Goaltending could be interesting but I think Ortio can push Hiller's like Ramo did this year.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
:laugh:

But seriously, all this regression talk reminds me of something I saw on the Flames subreddit. A poster commented about how Calgary may regress, but not regress the way that the Avalanche did. He made a compelling case by talking about how we have Giordano, comparable goaltending situation as this season, as well as the possibility of guys like Bennett and Granlund being regulars next season. He also mentioned that losing Statsny is an important reason as to why the Avalanche regressed.

I'll try and do some investigating and see if I can find the post, but it was from last month so that may prove difficult.
I made a post about us possibly regressing (saying we should be ready for it, not that it should be expected) using various examples of players having career years. Not sure where or when I posted it though :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad