The Official Pierre "high five" Dorion Thread | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Guys I just met Piere Dorion. I approached him and asked if I could have a moment of his time. He said go ahead ask me one question and I will answer honestly, but one and only one question. I asked him if could have a high five! We are friends now.

gv5iFRn.jpg

That's a handshake. Typical Dorion overpayment. :shakehead

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Guys I just met Piere Dorion. I approached him and asked if I could have a moment of his time. He said go ahead ask me one question and I will answer honestly, but one and only one question. I asked him if could have a high five! We are friends now.

So hangin' with Dorion at Pigale huh? Just as in this afternoon?

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Knowing the Anaheim Ducks were ready to take Karlsson with the No. 17 selection in the draft held at Scotiabank Place, Bryan Murray was urged by Dorion to move up before the player the club wanted was gone.

Nashville Predators GM David Poile accepted an offer to move back to the No. 18 spot in exchange for that pick and a third rounder in 2009. It ended up being one of the best moves ever made by the team, but it wasn't reality until the last minute.

"Bryan came to me and asked me how much I really liked Karlsson and I said there was no doubt I'd move up to take him," said Dorion.

Poor asset management by Dorion.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

gv5iFRn.jpg

Dont ever leave us

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
My favorite deadline deal was Tkachuk to the Thrashers for a first, second, and third round pick only to get swept and then Tkachuk re-signed with the Blues in the off season.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Get back to me when Evan Barratt is playing in the NHL

I can't stand these remarks.

We wouldn't have taken him. We would have "another 3rd round prospect". Who was taken is irrelevant.

Stalberg trade is what it is, we have nothing to show for it. He was a depth 4th liner for our run.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

We wouldn't have taken him. We would have "another 3rd round prospect". Who was taken is irrelevant.

Stalberg trade is what it is, we have nothing to show for it. He was a depth 4th liner for our run.

But you can stand complaint about asset management because we acquired a piece that helped in our deepest run in a decade?

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa

I'm not saying that we would've specifically taken him. the point is that picks like that are a crapshoot, he just happens to be the guy taken with the specific pick, and I highly doubt anyone available around the time of said pick is going to be someone we regret.
It's not something that anyone should care about IMO

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
But you can stand complaint about asset management because we acquired a piece that helped in our deepest run in a decade?

I'm not complaining about the Stalberg trade, I'm fine with it. People are going to complain about it for sure, and I can understand why, even if I don't agree in this instance.

Using that excuse in general doesn't make sense to me (T.J Tynan, Nick Ritchie, etc.). There are lots of ways to defend that trade, I don't accept that one.

And it's nothing against Deku, I just can't stand that stance on trades.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I'm not complaining about the Stalberg trade, I'm fine with it. People are going to complain about it for sure, and I can understand why, even if I don't agree in this instance.

Using that excuse in general doesn't make sense to me (T.J Tynan, Nick Ritchie, etc.). There are lots of ways to defend that trade, I don't accept that one.

And it's nothing against Deku, I just can't stand that stance on trades.

I probably could've expressed my point better, it's not about the specific player chosen, it's about the insignificance of the pick.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

But the point being made is the asset given up is very unlikely to produce anything tangible it's not truly about the specific pick.. It's a lottery ticket. Nobody would praise me for managing my money if I spent 10% of my income on lottery tickets.

Imean, why ever trade a pick, just sing guys as ufa, better asset management, right? The reality is there's value to expiring contracts too. Sometimes being able to walk away has value too.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
But the point being made is the asset given up is very unlikely to produce anything tangible it's not truly about the specific pick.. It's a lottery ticket. Nobody would praise me for managing my money if I spent 10% of my income on lottery tickets.

Imean, why ever trade a pick, just sing guys as ufa, better asset management, right? The reality is there's value to expiring contracts too. Sometimes being able to walk away has value too.

No doubt. But to act like a 3rd rounder is insignificant to a team with:

Smith
Pageau
Hoffman
Stone
Wideman
Boro
Claesson
Harpur
Dzingel

As regulars (minus maybe Harpur, but he's a surefire NHLer regardless) drafted and developed by the Sens in the 3rd or later doesn't fly with me. This Sens team is built on the draft, specifically later rounds.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I'm not necessarily going to claim that this is the case, because I can see both sides, but:
you could argue that it's ok for us to trade some picks like this when our drafting is so good, while teams with bad drafting need all the picks they can get
Of course the flip-side is the more picks, the merrier. Especially when you are good at drafting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad