The Official Horrible Trade Proposals Thread Part 4: Shots, Shots, Shots, Shots, Shots EVERYBODY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Nylander now has 3 point in 18 games. Erik Gudbranson and Andrew MacDonald have a higher points per game. Toronto board reads on him are pretty entertaining, they are pissed.

One poster had a long rant followed by a disgusted “Just trade him for Slavin”. That was a gem. Funny stuff.

Last edited:

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Nylander now has 3 point in 18 games. Erik Gudbranson and Andrew MacDonald have a higher points per game. Toronto board reads on him are pretty entertaining, they are pissed.

One poster had a long rant followed by a disgusted “Just trade him for Slavin”. That was a gem. Funny stuff.
Slavin is 5+13. What do they add?

Reactions: Unsustainable

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Canes fans: “Pesce will cost premium assets, he’s our 1st pair D”
Leafs fans: “Pesce is a #4 at best. Not worth premium assets”
Canes fans: “Where would the Leafs play Pesce if they acquired him?”
Leafs fans: “.... ... on the first pair next to Morgan Rielly”

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Canes fans: “Pesce will cost premium assets, he’s our 1st pair D”
Leafs fans: “Pesce is a #4 at best. Not worth premium assets”
Canes fans: “Where would the Leafs play Pesce if they acquired him?”
Leafs fans: “.... ... on the first pair next to Morgan Rielly”
Leafs jersey adds to player's value Q.E.D.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
It’d be nice for Leaf fans to step back and actually ponder what CAR would want back for 1 if their D. It’d take too much effort for then to realize the team is flush with depth in Clt so we already have our own Johnssons/Browns, etc. Those types of players are of no interest.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Seriously how do the insides go on TV/Radio and talk about how "I don't think TML is willing to give up kap 1:1 for any of Carolinas RHD". Are you f'n serious Bobby Mac? I wouldn't trade ANY of OUR RHD for Kap 1:1

I guess it’s called Leafs Lunch for a reason. That reason being to feed the faithful idiots BS about they’re team and players.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Bringing this over as the thread got locked before I got the chance to post.

Well Nostradamus, after you predicted Rask for Nino, what is your thinking here?

The mix of teams in need of a Top 4 RHD is not conducive to a hockey trade, unfortunately. That leaves Faulk for futures.

Toronto actually makes sense as a partner in that type of deal. I got the feeling during the Nylander affair that Dubas is going to be too greedy with Toronto's forwards to pull the trigger on a hockey trade. Whispers of Liljegren's availability added some more fuel to the fire for me. Faulk is a cheap, durable alternative; the Leafs have pro scouts that have seen how well he has played on the defensive side of the puck this year. They won't be blinded by his reputation, as many Leafs fans are.

Carolina would be in better position to win a small bidding war for J.T. Miller. That would be an indirect money-in, money-out hockey trade.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Bringing this over as the thread got locked before I got the chance to post.

The mix of teams in need of a Top 4 RHD is not conducive to a hockey trade, unfortunately. That leaves Faulk for futures.

Toronto actually makes sense as a partner in that type of deal. I got the feeling during the Nylander affair that Dubas is going to be too greedy with Toronto's forwards to pull the trigger on a hockey trade. Whispers of Liljegren's availability added some more fuel to the fire for me. Faulk is a cheap, durable alternative; the Leafs have pro scouts that have seen how well he has played on the defensive side of the puck this year. They won't be blinded by his reputation, as many Leafs fans are.

Carolina would be in better position to win a small bidding war for J.T. Miller. That would be an indirect money-in, money-out hockey trade.
Makes some sense..

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I remember some people poo pooing it last offseason, but I still would have loved Tyler Johnson for Faulk. Solid scorer, right shot, good contract, center. Don't see it happening though.

If we get to a point in the season where we are out of it, and get a 1st and young player/prospect for Faulk, that's fine, but they sure as hell better do a better job of converting those and our existing assets into a Miller type than they would have done in converting our excess RHD into a good forward.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I'd rather use the return of the expected Ferland trade towards Miller, then swap Faulk for a forward separately
With Faulk’s term and our abundance of RHD, he isn’t going to return the kind of forward we don’t already have percolating in Charlotte. I’d be happy to shed his salary and get good picks that we can then use in a trade and salary space we can use to sign a UFA that is a better fit.

SaskCanesFan

Feb 27, 2015
With Faulk’s term and our abundance of RHD, he isn’t going to return the kind of forward we don’t already have percolating in Charlotte. I’d be happy to shed his salary and get good picks that we can then use in a trade and salary space we can use to sign a UFA that is a better fit.

I don't have a lot of faith in getting a difference maker in UFA. I see a Faulk for Kapanen deal ending up happening, and I'm warming up to it.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
I don't have a lot of faith in getting a difference maker in UFA. I see a Faulk for Kapanen deal ending up happening, and I'm warming up to it.

Hell, I’m even warming up to a Kapanen plus 1st for Hamilton deal. Still don’t like what they gave up for him and only ending up with potentially Kapanen and a 1st, but the addition of NN yesterday changes things a bit for me. If the top6 could roll:

TT-Aho-Kapanen
NN-Necas-Svechnikov

Or

Ferland-Aho-TT
NN-Necas-Svechnikov
???-Staal-Kapanen

That’d be the most respectable fwd group CAR has had in ages. I doubt Ferland re-ups, but even if he didn’t, I bet they get a 1st for him from a desperate team. Two extra 1st rd picks could go a long way in acquiring cheap talent through the draft or trading them off to plug any other holes in goal or up front.

My dream deadline deal though is still Faulk and Ferland for Kapanen and a 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad