Music: The Official Hip-Hop Thread: The Next One

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
that was a weird one. He didn’t even respond on the track even though he asked for smoke from any rapper out there. just pulled up on him lol. So I think Dax must of hit him in the feels pretty good as his diss track went deeper then material things.

Yeah. Lost a lot of respect for Tory after that. The dude wanted smoke, and got it. I will admit- Dax got pretty f***ing personal, and I think questioning Tory’s sexuality is what pissed him off. I would’ve had more respect for Tory if he would’ve pulled up on him one and one and thrown hands, but he pulled up with his crew loaded up with guns.

This is why I respected D Block. Those boys got it in regardless of guns. SP got them hands, son!

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009

Kendrick announces his final album under TDE, coming soon.

Another wrinkle in the album release date chess match going on.

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary

Kendrick announces his final album under TDE, coming soon.

Another wrinkle in the album release date chess match going on.

Sucks cause imho when most people think TDE they think Kenny. Even though they have a solid group. SZA is underrated. But I don't personally think Ab has released many albums up to par since control system

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Cass dropped another track on Torey Lanez. Much better effort with a modern beat, flow changes and way less filler. He pretty much wins with just the art lol.

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side

Spitta dropped Highest in Charge tape last night. Liking what I’ve heard so far…not surprised though, Spitta Andretti puts out nothing but consistency.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Really hope we get that Kanye-produced Fivio album. Off the Grid is the hardest song on the album by far.
Agreed. Rest of the album is mid, but that song gave me chills. Carti killed his part too.

I’m betting Drake’s album ain’t nothing crazy either though. The whole hacked sportscenter thing is so corny.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Agreed. Rest of the album is mid, but that song gave me chills. Carti killed his part too.

I’m betting Drake’s album ain’t nothing crazy either though. The whole hacked sportscenter thing is so corny.

Yeah, the gospel songs get old pretty quickly. I would have scrapped more than half of them. Definitely has some memorable tracks to keep listening to though.

Disagree with Drake, but I'm biased. I have high hopes for CLB. Won't be the last time Drake is corny, and I don't care.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Yeah, the gospel songs get old pretty quickly. I would have scrapped more than half of them. Definitely has some memorable tracks to keep listening to though.

Disagree with Drake, but I'm biased. I have high hopes for CLB. Won't be the last time Drake is corny, and I don't care.
Drake’s pouting and semi sus behaviour got me thinking the end is near on him. It happens with everyone in the industry, it’s his turn to pose like a white girl in college now.

What’d you think of his track with Smiley?

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Drake’s pouting and semi sus behaviour got me thinking the end is near on him. It happens with everyone in the industry, it’s his turn to pose like a white girl in college now.

Eh, Drake is playing in to the marketing of the album. I prefer his IYRTITL bravado but I'm also happy with another Take Care/NWTS kind of album as well. I like when he gets in his R&B bag.

It took a while for Over the Top to grow on me but Drake went hard on that beat. Smiley is an acquired taste for me, but he has a unique delivery and I respect it.

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC

Drake been semi sus since forever lol This is nothing new :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad