OT: The Official HF Bolts Back-To-Back Stanley Cup Thread

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
RlO6xV.gif

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
Who would have thought on July 8th 2021 we'd be sitting here as back to back champions?

10-11 months ago we hadn't won shit, and had choked away numerous seasons, the core was in danger of being just another good team that never got it done.

Today feels almost strange, like what the hell just happened haha.

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Avs fan coming in peace to say congrats on back to back. You guys have a tremendous team top to bottom and I hope Joe can replicate what you guys have done.

Very classy.
Thank you very much!

I was one of those people who never really bought into the "Avs are Ready Now" spiel...and with good reason:
Colorado has a fantastic top line, a decent defense, and even Philip Grubauer has proven himself a bit more to me.... but precious little in secondary scoring, overall team toughness (not talking about gooning it up), and winning pedigree amongst its roster.

But, those things can be fixed, because the Lightning previously suffered the same ailments.

Should the Avs intelligently piece together what it needs, it will make that world class top line shine even brighter than ever because THEN it splits the attention opposing defenses have to give to more than just the top line...... kinda like what these current two time champs dole out to opposing defenses :)

Thanks again, and the Avs should climb higher....the talent certainly is there!

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
So this is what the off-season feels like? Wow. Boring.

Far from "boring" my Stammertime, SirConnSmytheVasyVezina88 friend...far from it!
Lightning are still in celebrate mode and they can now get as silly as they want to!

Then as fans, we can now turn our attention to the expansion draft, see how this affects our beloved Champs, AND get to see the mastermind (is he really? We will see...) Julien Brisebois attempt to come out of that expansion draft not too much the worse for wear....plus, the regular draft to see what players are found late in rounds once again (a Lightning specialty as you well know), AND see how Brise manages the off season and that dreaded top seeded opponent, The NHL Salary Caps!

As far as I am concerned, after the players get all their yahooos out of their system (or even during), there are some interesting things that will be going on with the Bolts...only on a different stage!

Don't worry....the 2021-22 season will be here before you know it....it ALWAYS comes fastest to the Cup winners, yea? Yeah! :)

Reactions: Stammertime91

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
I bet verhaeghe regrets signing with the Panthers now.

Signing with the Panthers means he's likely get the payday of his life in 2022 if he can get anywhere close to his level from this past season. An opportunity he never would've gotten with us. I don't think he regrets a thing.

Agreed.
Verhaeghe simply was a casualty of the numbers game with the Lightning....kinda like Jonathan Marchessault was previously.
And this will keep happening to Bolts players as long as they continue to be up against the salary cap..... parts will fall off their table, be scooped up by another team who will be glad they got those players the Bolts simply couldn't keep.

The Panthers honestly look like they are trending upwards and Carter Verhaeghe should be a big part of what they are doing over there.
He should have no regrets and he will be fine.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
Damned I cant buy anything on nhl shop website. I always get this message "Due to manufacturer restrictions, some item(s) in your cart cannot be delivered to your shipping address. Please remove those items from your cart or change your shipping address to continue with checkout."
I live in Norway,last year everything was OK,now on all items I choose i get this message. Support cant help me with that,do you guys know what should I do? I really want Kucherovs Jersey and maybe some other t shirts(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad