OT: The Official HF Bolts Back-To-Back Stanley Cup Thread

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Only one of the top 10 who isn't is on this team right now is Strålman who has Lightning's 5th place all time with +80. :( Wish him, Cally and Boyler could have raised a Cup with the Bolts. :heart:

Don't forget Bishop. I know everyone loves Vasi and his five playoff series-ending shutouts, and for very good reason. You know who else did that a lot? Ben Bishop. 2015 1st and 3rd rounds, 2016 1st and 2nd rounds. He only played in six playoff series with the Lightning (not counting the nine minutes he played vs. Pittsburgh in 2016), won five of them, and finished four of them with shutouts. It is a crime his name isn't on the Stanley Cup. Absolute baller. As unlikely as it is, I hope the day comes before he retires where he signs here as Vasi's backup to finish his career, and hopefully win another Cup in that time. Came so close to winning one with him in 2015 and '16, and if not for his injuries (especially in '15), maybe it would've happened.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Speaking about the guys who were here in 04, that team never got a chance to defend their title because of the lockout. That's something that Feaster and other players have brought up over the years as a big regret of what could have been. Essentially everyone on the 04 cup team would have returned for 2005. Wasn't really the same by 05-06 and without Khabibulin.

Bolts had Lecavalier, Andreychuk, and Fedotenko at the game on Wednesday.

We were screwed so bad, counting the lockout season as a year served on contracts hit us unfairly

Reactions: Hoek

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Don't forget Bishop. I know everyone loves Vasi and his five playoff series-ending shutouts, and for very good reason. You know who else did that a lot? Ben Bishop. 2015 1st and 3rd rounds, 2016 1st and 2nd rounds. He only played in six playoff series with the Lightning (not counting the nine minutes he played vs. Pittsburgh in 2016), won five of them, and finished four of them with shutouts. It is a crime his name isn't on the Stanley Cup. Absolute baller. As unlikely as it is, I hope the day comes before he retires where he signs here as Vasi's backup to finish his career, and hopefully win another Cup in that time. Came so close to winning one with him in 2015 and '16, and if not for his injuries (especially in '15), maybe it would've happened.

Absolutely cannot forget Bishop! Finally brought some stability and skill to the Bolts' goaltending. Such a great guy too. Never could really afford personalized jerseys in the olden days so Bish's was the first named player jersey I got. Was able to get it signed at a Toys For Tots toy drive the Christmas before he was traded. :heart::heart::heart::heart:

Reactions: DaBolts

NatoGhost

Jun 27, 2013
RlO6xV.gif

Such a great move and the can doesn't fall over. Epic gets overused but that was epic.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
I've had three friends drink from the cup in the last 2 days.
Cooper and Maroon have gone to Anchor bar on Davis island and were just at red dog.

GOD BLESS THESE GUYS!!!!!!

They love the fans. That ish is just awesome.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
I've had three friends drink from the cup in the last 2 days.
Cooper and Maroon have gone to Anchor bar on Davis island and were just at red dog.

GOD BLESS THESE GUYS!!!!!!

They love the fans. That ish is just awesome.

… where’s the cup going tonight?!

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I know the GM's voted against it so it will be hard for the league to ever change the rule, but I wonder if the league will be pissed about the boys advertising and joking about this on Monday..

I love the petty/heel embrace cause f*** all these cry babies who think we cheated that don't understand the rules or hockey, but you've gotta wonder how the League will react.

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
If NHL changes salary cap rule,it will affect and like really fcuked up many teams here,e.g. Leafs,and others,am i right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad