HF Habs: The Official hawks race to a better 2nd round pick Thread

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Thanks. It was this tweet I was referring to. However, on CapFriendly, it doesn't list the 30+ minutes condition. It just says regular season games. And the 28:21 game is listed as a game played.

If someone is a twitter user, other way to do it is to reply to Larivière's tweet and confront him with Cap Friendly's take.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Here is the Twitter exchange I had with CapFriendly:

I'm still confused because in one reply, they say a GP is registered if a goalie plays 30+ minutes. However in the next reply, he refers me to the GP rule and it says that when a back up comes into the game, it's registered as a game played, never specifying the 30+ minutes.

Locks

May 28, 2005
Ok it is getting more clear with that exchange. If the condition of the trade says that Montoya has to play seven games than according to the rule above, he has played five games already because he entered the 28 minute game as a backup. However, if the condition states that he has to start seven games, then only four games will count. I doubt that starting games is the condition but I have not seen any official wording aside from that tweet.

Reactions: groovejuice

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Here is the Twitter exchange I had with CapFriendly:

I'm still confused because in one reply, they say a GP is registered if a goalie plays 30+ minutes. However in the next reply, he refers me to the GP rule and it says that when a back up comes into the game, it's registered as a game played, never specifying the 30+ minutes.

It is very likely coming in cold is deemed to have greater importance as it is never an ideal situation. So the time restrictions are lifted.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
It is very likely coming in cold is deemed to have greater importance as it is never an ideal situation. So the time restrictions are lifted.

Very possible. I tweeted Lariviere, still no reply. I also sent one over to LeBrun and Engels, as well. No reply yet but I wouldn't expect one quickly from them. Either way, I get the sense that we'll find out if and when he plays his 7th game, 30 minutes or not.

But I'm still as much on the case as I can be.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Of the 15 drafts Timmins has been in charge of, how many of his 4th round picks have made the NHL? 1 Mete. 1/15 aren't good odds. In fact he's 2/15 in the 5th round, having found Gallagher and Hudon.
But Gallagher, Hudon, and Mete were all considered too small during their draft years, and that's a big reason they made it so deep. That won't happen anymore with size being even less of an issue this year with the extra clamping down on hooking/stick checks to the hands.

1/15 or 6.66%. That's already better odds than the 4.2% chance of drafting a top 6 or top 4D in the 4th round.

Considering he also managed to nab NHLers (including top 6, starters and top 4) in Streit, Halak, Grabovski, S.Kostitsyn, D'Agostini, Gallagher and Hudon in rounds 5 to 9, you'd have an easier time arguing he's not getting full value with our earlier picks instead.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013

Hopefully its not another concussion

Yes I hope it's not a concussion those are terrible injuries I wouldn't wish on anyone. But if it's another injury that will heal 100% and means the Oilers go out and trade another pick for Niemi...

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Los Angeles Kings Playoff Chances at 64.7% according to:

Los Angeles Kings Playoff Chances - Sports Club Stats

LA is in a real race with San Jose, Anaheim, Calgary, Minnesota, and Dallas. On any given night, LA jumps to the top-3 in their division, the next night, they're out of the playoffs, and the 3rd night, they're in a Wild Card spot.

It's really tight between those teams. Every single game these teams play has an effect on their standings position.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Montreal Canadiens Playoff Chances

Lost to Arizona 2-5, playoff odds down 0.2 to 0.1%

211qfzb.jpg

AmeriHab

Aug 3, 2012
NY
LA is in a real race with San Jose, Anaheim, Calgary, Minnesota, and Dallas. On any given night, LA jumps to the top-3 in their division, the next night, they're out of the playoffs, and the 3rd night, they're in a Wild Card spot.

It's really tight between those teams. Every single game these teams play has an effect on their standings position.

I hope an arms race stems from these teams and the prices turn sky high for Patch ect

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad