Tribute The Official "Fire Tortorella" Thread

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
When the Flyers miss the playoffs this year, Tortorella will have missed the playoffs in back to back years.

Even Hakstol managed to avoid back to back playoff misses.

And since making the playoffs is the way you measure a coach's success according to some here, it would stand to reason those same people would logically have to concede that Torts is a worse coach than Hakstol. That's a tough one.

Hear me out, though.

6db_3.jpg

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
When the Flyers miss the playoffs this year, Tortorella will have missed the playoffs in back to back years.

And since making the playoffs is the way you measure a coach's success according to some here, it would stand to reason those same people would logically have to concede that Torts is a worse coach than Hakstol. That's a tough one.

It will also officially be the 14th time in 17 seasons that he failed to advance past the first round. Great coach though.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell

They will spin it that Hakstol wasn't in a rebuild. We all know that's coming.

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
20 years
17 seasons
14 years not making the 2nd round
1 season making it past the 2nd round

I feel like people don‘t grasp how long 20 years of suckitude is. That‘s a long f***ing time. 20 years before Jorts won the cup… senior advisors Clarke, Barber, and Holmgren were still on the team.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
We might as well get this started. I think I showed immense restraint by not making this the second he was hired.

The coach who is too lazy to coach, and blames the players for it. Who has no understanding of modern offense, and consequently no idea how to defend it either. Who has tanked player values and sabotaged the re-whatever that is anything but a rebuild. Who knows how many moves we haven't heard of that got shot down because no self-respecting player would want to play for such a tool.

The first year, firing was never an option. They adore this idiot too much. But he's being given the exact roster he wants. When he continues to fail, it will be exactly his fault. Hook that seat up to a blast furnace.

AHEM

1713318777713.png

Hexxxy

Feb 25, 2017
I've defended torts a lot and blamed the goaltending and PP and at times ice time and usage. The PP is on torts. As is the playing time. This game playing time was an abortion. Indefensible. Would be fireable offense if Montreal won.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Darren Dreger
@DarrenDreger

"We can all appreciate the speculation. And when it comes to John Tortorella and the stories that follow, there’s always speculation. As for his future as head coach…a Flyers management source says “Torts is not leaving the bench”. He still has the fire…no question about that."

Not necessarily a vote of confidence but, never the less, the type of statement by management that comes out before a person is removed from their present position. He's got to go.
I don't know how the organization goes out and sells tickets for next year unless major changes are made. What is the theme going to be? "Come Back and See More of the Same Shit That You've Been Watching for the Last Two Seasons".
"Defrosted"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad