Tribute The Official "Fire Tortorella" Thread

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Yup 100% agreed. That's what I mean.

Charlie was saying on his podcast the other day the team gave up on AV the season before they ultimately fired him but their solution was just trading two the most disgruntled in Voracek & Gostisbehere would help alleviate those issues but they obviously didn’t.

He said he doesn’t know if the team is pretty much done with Tortorella right now because he hasn’t heard that to this point but it doesn’t mean it can’t be true. He ultimately said this could be a risk in a similar to AV if they team has ultimately quit on Tortorella. Probably even more so because Tortorella is more involved in the roster decision making than AV was.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

There may be no end in sight. Dark days ahead.

Not saying Dreger is wrong about this, but having listened to his podcast this year the guy seems absolutely committed to preserving and defending the hockey status quo, no matter what it is. He gets old man indignant and starts sputtering when almost any kind of coaching or management change is brought into question.

It's quite odd.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

There may be no end in sight. Dark days ahead.

Mediocrity reigns.

Chaos reigns.

chaos-chaotic.gif

I mean why give up that money on his coaching contract when he can get a new payday after he’s done coaching.

One thing I won’t ever criticize for is his ability to find a sucker in the Flyers organization. Job security like you read about.

Reactions: Amorgus

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
ASF was openly saying yesterday there will be discussions about John moving upstairs at some point, just not sure when.

He’s not getting fired. He will be around to meddle, like all of the other “old guard” rats, even after he’s not officially HC.

If they promote Shaw which is quite likely, think John doesn’t still have major influence?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
ASF was openly saying yesterday there will be discussions about John moving upstairs at some point, just not sure when.

He’s not getting fired. He will be around to meddle, like all of the other “old guard” rats, even after he’s not officially HC.

If they promote Shaw which is quite likely, think John doesn’t still have major influence?

I would actually have a modicum of faith in Briere if he somehow got Tortorella completely up & out of the organization.

We already saw Tortorella’s imprints on the roster construction/philosophy this year so not hard to imagine what it could to look like going forward with him in a front office role.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
I would actually have a modicum of faith in Briere if he somehow got Tortorella completely up & out of the organization.

We already saw Tortorella’s imprints on the roster construction/philosophy this year so not hard to imagine what it could to look like going forward with him in a front office role.

He’s got more power than Briere, or at the very least the same. John has to sign off before any moves are made, I’d bet a testicle on that.

It’s why they had guys refuse the job when presented with the planned power structure.

Nizzle

no hope, no future, no second chance
May 13, 2009
I can’t even imagine how checked out Tortorella would be in a front office role where he’s paid less and doesn’t have to show up daily. Would he hold weekly sermons? Get on a video conference call in the middle of collecting horse semen?
He would be like the one university professor who is strict about deadlines but always misses them himself.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
I can’t even imagine how checked out Tortorella would be in a front office role where he’s paid less and doesn’t have to show up daily. Would he hold weekly sermons? Get on a video conference call in the middle of collecting horse semen? Can’t imagine this organization without him.
This week, from Florida on The Standard, Torts interviews Rocky and Lappy….

Reactions: Magua

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada

this is the way ^^^^

Reactions: FlyerNutter

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
When the Flyers miss the playoffs this year, Tortorella will have missed the playoffs in back to back years.

Even Hakstol managed to avoid back to back playoff misses.

And since making the playoffs is the way you measure a coach's success according to some here, it would stand to reason those same people would logically have to concede that Torts is a worse coach than Hakstol. That's a tough one.

3mFlyers

Nov 24, 2021
If he's not coaching they have to get rid of him. Players will get injured, quit or forget how to play at the sight of him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad