The Official Android Thread Part XV: Time For Some Oreo!

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
How in the world is the phone even running that hot to begin with? I never had heat issues with my old Galaxy and I've never had a heat issue with an iPhone unless I left it outside.

I've had plenty of heat issues with iPhone. My 4s got extremely hot and so did my first iPhone 5

Not everyone gets the same product

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Any body have an idea how much it will cost to get my LG g5 screen replaced ? Yes, I exploded my brand new G5's screen...

Is it hard to do by myself ?

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
How in the world is the phone even running that hot to begin with? I never had heat issues with my old Galaxy and I've never had a heat issue with an iPhone unless I left it outside.

GPS or screen was on. Could also be trying to download something over wireless.

My Nexus 6p is really noticeable when it being taxed, both because of it's SD810, but also since its aluminum shell acts as a heatsink.

Or, the battery is about to explode...chemical reaction between the dissimilar metals inside of the cells that shouldn't be touching each other.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Any body have an idea how much it will cost to get my LG g5 screen replaced ? Yes, I exploded my brand new G5's screen...

Is it hard to do by myself ?

Part of the problem you may have is finding a store that will do it. Beyond Apple and Samsung, I would think most places wouldn't know how to do it and wouldn't have a screen in stock. It would suck to have to ship it to LG to get it done.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

I've had a Iphone 4s, 6s as well, both got hot when I charged them or used them heavily, my S4 was a great phone and it's probably the one I should have stuck with instead of going bigger like the Note 4 and then I got the Note 5 and then the Note 7 and well, things got crazy. Note 7 is a fantastic freaking phone, without a doubt, but the issues with the blowing up, it causes stress and anxiety with people, it's a safety thing. I also don't want to lose my memories on my phone, my brother sends me videos and pictures of my little nephew, I cherish those and now I have to quickly throw them on my google drive and that's a pain in the ass too because I have to make sure it doesn't kill my data.

I could give the phone back, then just go back to an Iphone (I have had an S3, S4, then I had an Iphone 4s, Iphone 6, Note 4, 5, 7 the last few years), but with the headphone jack thing, not a fan, I am not fully on board with bluetooth headphones, just another thing to charge that is annoying, imo.

I also like my stylus and I don't want to have to buy an extra one, nor do I want to go back to the Note 5 with the lack of external SD.

It kind of sucks that this happened, but if the new Note that are being replaced withe faulty ones are fine, I'll stick with Samsung. Iphone can't magically give you a headphone jack.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I've had a Iphone 4s, 6s as well, both got hot when I charged them or used them heavily, my S4 was a great phone and it's probably the one I should have stuck with instead of going bigger like the Note 4 and then I got the Note 5 and then the Note 7 and well, things got crazy. Note 7 is a fantastic freaking phone, without a doubt, but the issues with the blowing up, it causes stress and anxiety with people, it's a safety thing. I also don't want to lose my memories on my phone, my brother sends me videos and pictures of my little nephew, I cherish those and now I have to quickly throw them on my google drive and that's a pain in the ass too because I have to make sure it doesn't kill my data.

I could give the phone back, then just go back to an Iphone (I have had an S3, S4, then I had an Iphone 4s, Iphone 6, Note 4, 5, 7 the last few years), but with the headphone jack thing, not a fan, I am not fully on board with bluetooth headphones, just another thing to charge that is annoying, imo.

I also like my stylus and I don't want to have to buy an extra one, nor do I want to go back to the Note 5 with the lack of external SD.

It kind of sucks that this happened, but if the new Note that are being replaced withe faulty ones are fine, I'll stick with Samsung. Iphone can't magically give you a headphone jack.

The iPhone 6s didn't lose its headphone jack.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I think they want a larger market share of Android devices and cut into Samsung's sales. I don't think this is the way to go even with great advertising.

Stories

Science!
Sep 10, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
I think they want a larger market share of Android devices and cut into Samsung's sales. I don't think this is the way to go even with great advertising.

The speculation is that Verizon will be the only carrier that is involved in sales. This doesn't really jive with the idea of a market share approach... neither does the high price, particularly for something that has less brand recognition than HTC.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Can anyone recommend a good screen protector (affordable) for the S7 Edge

I’ve started to get a few tiny scratches on the left side of the edge. I honestly have no idea how or what caused them so I guess its time for a screen protector so I don’t get any more.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
I'll just hold on to whatever i have if the Pixel phones are really that expensive.I don't want to imagine the prices those will have with the Canadian dollar having as much worth as monopoly money.

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
I can't imagine Google is expecting to sell many at this price point.

But if the rumors are true...

I'm not going to pay Apple prices for near stock Android, otherwise I'll go back to iPhone eventually.

The rest of Android phones are just filled with the various carcusses of OEM skins, carrier bloatware, and Samsung. Apple still wins with faster CPUs, memory bandwidth, OS support that lasts more than 2 years.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown

I mean, when the phone looks identical, you may as well price it identical.

nexus2cee_px2.0.jpg

http://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2016/9/19/12982776/google-pixel-smartphone-leaked-photos

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
One of the best thing about the Nexus line was that you could get almost top of the line specs/hardware at the mid range price point. If they start pricing this in the Galaxy/IPhone price range it lose a lot of what made the Nexus what it was.

This is going to fail imho.

Stories

Science!
Sep 10, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
One of the best thing about the Nexus line was that you could get almost top of the line specs/hardware at the mid range price point. If they start pricing this in the Galaxy/IPhone price range it lose a lot of what made the Nexus what it was.

This is going to fail imho.

Guess this is why they're getting rid of the Nexus name. No longer good value phones--now just going straight for high-end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad