OT: The Off-Topic Thread Part VI - No Babes / Baeconator Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aug 3, 2010
Cell Phone Providers.

I am moving away from Rogers. I have zero reception in my apartment and according to some cell tower maps I have found online Telus has 3 towers closer to me than the nearest Rogers tower.

So I have to ask our of the companies that use Telus towers, which has the best plans between Telus, Koodo, Bell & Virgin? Or others if I am missing some :laugh:

I'm on a Virgin plan (they and Bell are the same company essentially) except Virgin's customer service is actually really good and accessible while Bell's is average. Also, about twice a month Virgin rolls out optional text messages or emails regarding 2-for-1 movie ticket nights or discounts at retail stores, etc., something that doesn't happen with Bell. The downside is that Bell/Virgin are a little more expensive, I found.

I pretty much despise Telus and their laughable customer service and Koodo is as much of a joke as WIND is in any given area - cheap but no guaranteed service areas. Mobilicity is in that same boat.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Boogies Burgers..

I have actually only had the opportunity to eat their once and ordered the Blazing Saddles? burger. It was absolutely delicious but I was sporting a fairly horrible hangover and couldn't get through the entire thing!

I definitely need to go back soon that's for sure.

May 27, 2012
Earth
I have actually only had the opportunity to eat their once and ordered the Blazing Saddles? burger. It was absolutely delicious but I was sporting a fairly horrible hangover and couldn't get through the entire thing!

I definitely need to go back soon that's for sure.

I watched that movie in school a few years ago. Interesting movie.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
That feel when you go to study and then 10 minutes later I'm in the kitchen doing something entirely unrelated.

I mean, not me. Someone else.

EDIT: Someone turned on Netflix.

Who put this beer in my hand?

Guys help!!!

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
That feel when you go to study and then 10 minutes later I'm in the kitchen doing something entirely unrelated.

I mean, not me. Someone else.

EDIT: Someone turned on Netflix.

Who put this beer in my hand?

Guys help!!!

Invite a classmate of the opposite sex over to study. That way it's far more enjoyable and you're doing what you're suppose to.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I remember I was having a study date back when I was going to SAIT. While my "friend" was over, I received a phonecall from my now wife, I told her I have company over and I couldn't talk. Well my friend heard me say that and she immediately thought I was a player. Oh the good ole college and Back Alley days.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I was in a panic this morning because I was running late for my exam and also I forgot my pants at home but then I woke up in my bed and thought to myself 'lol you finished that **** years ago' and proceeded to show up to the office half an hour late.

Ah to never have to write an exam again. It's truly a blessing.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Invite a classmate of the opposite sex over to study. That way it's far more enjoyable and you're doing what you're suppose to.

He doesn't need to do that. I don't think he has too anyways. :laugh:
Uh yeah, I would get in a whole bunch of **** if I did that. :laugh:

Study dates are reserved for school only :sarcasm:

WOW I'M KIDDING IF SHE EVER SEES THIS

I was in a panic this morning because I was running late for my exam and also I forgot my pants at home but then I woke up in my bed and thought to myself 'lol you finished that **** years ago' and proceeded to show up to the office half an hour late.

Only one more year to go after this one.... hooray

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
was in a panic this morning because I was running late for my exam and also I forgot my pants at home but then I woke up in my bed and thought to myself 'lol you finished that **** years ago' and proceeded to show up to the office half an hour late.

Only one more year to go after this one.... hooray

If I graduate with a Master's, I only have a thesis and defence to get through. Done all my courses last year. It's been bliss.

Also on a related note, I'm really excited right now because I submitted a paper and it's gotten through the referee process without being rejected. The first paper I submitted got rejected outright because one of the ****ing referees apparently couldn't be bothered to actually read the damn thing. I thought this one had even worse a chance to get through, so it was a pleasant surprise! :laugh:

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
Cell Phone Providers.

I am moving away from Rogers. I have zero reception in my apartment and according to some cell tower maps I have found online Telus has 3 towers closer to me than the nearest Rogers tower.

So I have to ask our of the companies that use Telus towers, which has the best plans between Telus, Koodo, Bell & Virgin? Or others if I am missing some :laugh:

I've heard nothing but good things about Virgin, and I've had no issues with Telus so far since switching from Rogers a year ago (almost to the day). Rogers is far and away the worst company I've ever had to deal with.

Aug 3, 2010
I've heard nothing but good things about Virgin, and I've had no issues with Telus so far since switching from Rogers a year ago (almost to the day). Rogers is far and away the worst company I've ever had to deal with.

Having never used Rogers but having used Telus, this is how I feel about Telus.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
If I graduate with a Master's, I only have a thesis and defence to get through. Done all my courses last year. It's been bliss.

Also on a related note, I'm really excited right now because I submitted a paper and it's gotten through the referee process without being rejected. The first paper I submitted got rejected outright because one of the ****ing referees apparently couldn't be bothered to actually read the damn thing. I thought this one had even worse a chance to get through, so it was a pleasant surprise! :laugh:

What would have happened if you re-submitted the same paper?

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB

Has Telus tried to stick you with an $800 bill (happened to my friend, not me), or two cancellation fees for the same phone? Not trying to be rude, just asking if you've had a similar experience with Telus?

I had a bad time with Telus when I was in high school, and switched to Rogers not long after I graduated high school. Was with them for seven years and the last four years were absolutely terrible.

For the record, I think all of the big three are a big joke, it's just a matter of who is the biggest and smallest joke.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

All companies service sucks now.

I have been with Rogers, Bell and Telus over the years and my ex was with Koodo and not once was there anything resembling good customer service from any of them. I know that I will never get good customer service.

I just want to know which one has the best plans since they all use the same (telus) network out west and should receive very similar quality in product as a result.

Aug 3, 2010
Has Telus tried to stick you with an $800 bill (happened to my friend, not me), or two cancellation fees for the same phone? Not trying to be rude, just asking if you've had a similar experience with Telus?

I had a bad time with Telus when I was in high school, and switched to Rogers not long after I graduated high school. Was with them for seven years and the last four years were absolutely terrible.

For the record, I think all of the big three are a big joke, it's just a matter of who is the biggest and smallest joke.

Telus consistently charged for services not used (aka DISABLED services) and generally just had poor customer service.

Could be different now I admit, with the new telecommunications laws in place, but they lost me already and unless Virgin manages to start trying to pickpocket me, I'm sticking with them with the foreseeable future - their coverage is fantastic since it's Bell/Telus towers and I even feel like the CSRs want to help resolve whatever issues.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
What would have happened if you re-submitted the same paper?

We're going to submit it to a different journal, but we need to change the approach slightly and add some more experimental data which I haven't collected yet. The problem is that typically regardless of what journal you submit to, the editors would all inevitably pick the same referees from the field. So it's likely that we'd just end up with the same reviewer who would do the same thing again, this time with 50% more contempt.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
Telus consistently charged for services not used (aka DISABLED services) and generally just had poor customer service.

Could be different now I admit, with the new telecommunications laws in place, but they lost me already and unless Virgin manages to start trying to pickpocket me, I'm sticking with them with the foreseeable future - their coverage is fantastic since it's Bell/Telus towers and I even feel like the CSRs want to help resolve whatever issues.
I'll have to keep an eye on that sort of stuff, but so far I've had nothing but smooth sailing with Telus for my home or mobile services. I've heard nothing but good things about Virgin, so I may check them out next year once my contract with Telus runs out.

On another note, Anglesmith, what are you doing your masters in again? I know you're at UVic, but that's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille