OT: The Off-Topic Thread Part VI - No Babes / Baeconator Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC
Just a tip: If you come through drive thru late at night with a huge order (like 12 junior bacons, 12 small fries, 3 5 pc nuggets and 4 grilled wraps like what happened tonight) you're a ********** and I ****ing hate you.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Just a tip: If you come through drive thru late at night with a huge order (like 12 junior bacons, 12 small fries, 3 5 pc nuggets and 4 grilled wraps like what happened tonight) you're a ********** and I ****ing hate you.
Isn't that half the fun of ordering late night? Order a whole bunch of **** to make the person work their ass off and then only eat 1/3 of it :sarcasm:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Isn't that half the fun of ordering late night? Order a whole bunch of **** to make the person work their ass off and then only eat 1/3 of it :sarcasm:

Pro tip: when you make a large order late at night, after you get all the stuff tell them that you didn't get as many ______s as you ordered and you're still waiting on the frosty. They will give too few ****s to actually confirm your statements and will just give you whatever it takes to get you to go away. :sarcasm:

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica

someone's gotta do it :sarcasm:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Pro tip: when you make a large order late at night, after you get all the stuff tell them that you didn't get as many ______s as you ordered and you're still waiting on the frosty. They will give too few ****s to actually confirm your statements and will just give you whatever it takes to get you to go away. :sarcasm:
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Then drive back through after and tell them they got the order wrong

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Having trouble with my xbox 360 slim...

I turn on the system, and it'll do that circle loading thing like it always does, but then it freezes right there. It has been doing this for the past few times.

Any help?

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Having trouble with my xbox 360 slim...

I turn on the system, and it'll do that circle loading thing like it always does, but then it freezes right there. It has been doing this for the past few times.

Any help?

Did you do the update recently? Mine was working fine until I did the last update and now it's been pretty flaky since (losing network connection, freezing, downloads not showing up, etc).

I wonder if it's related.

bWo*

HELP! I'm looking to buy a Mercedes 560sec but I can't find any. Do any of you of any for sale? Doesn't matter if it comes with it without engine as I would do my own engine swap bit I would like one where the electronics/leather/body are in good condition

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Would you guys be interested in seeing a hockey analytics thread? My thoughts is it would be for educational, individual player and team discussion purposes?

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Well I missed the Flames game due to a Christmas party, but won 4 first row seats to see the hitmen next Saturday. Looking forward to seeing Kanzig!

You're 1 post away from 15,000.

celebrate.gif

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Would you guys be interested in seeing a hockey analytics thread? My thoughts is it would be for educational, individual player and team discussion purposes?
I have some stats in the player information thread already (I didn't put them into the first few posts but I want to) and I could rename it to include stats. If someone compiled the advanced stats for me I would be happy to edit them into the first few posts. I already have contract info in the OP, but the first 3 posts are all me and I could enter stats into posts #2 and #3 as well. I don't think it does any good to look into advanced stats without taking into consideration traditional stats as well as without the full picture no stat is any good.

I was also thinking about going more in depth with faceoffs as the faceoff summary report on NHL.com includes whether the draw is in the offensive, defensive or neutral zone now.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
AF, that's great! I, like you, do not follow nor care for advanced stats all that much, but nonetheless they are becoming ever more popular and they are now being used and discussed by all the major media sport broadcast networks. I'm going to add some things to that thread later, but I think it would add a lot to our board if we had a place to discuss them, so we all have a better understanding of how they work.

Personally I get the concept of them, but the player and team charts I struggle with to understand.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
AF, that's great! I, like you, do not follow nor care for advanced stats all that much, but nonetheless they are becoming ever more popular and they are now being used and discussed by all the major media sport broadcast networks. I'm going to add some things to that thread later, but I think it would add a lot to our board if we had a place to discuss them, so we all have a better understanding of how they work.

Personally I get the concept of them, but the player and team charts I struggle with to understand.
this in depth faceoff stuff will be the death of me I am breaking it down to the off/def/neutral zones as well as home/away and 5v5/3/4/6v5.... etc

NHL.com doesn't break it down enough for my liking :laugh:

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
I got the job!

They gave me feedback on my interview, they didn't mentioned that I blanked but did mentioned the fact that I muttered a certain eff word when I did (I didn't even realize that I did LOL).

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I got the job!

They gave me feedback on my interview, they didn't mentioned that I blanked but did mentioned the fact that I muttered a certain eff word when I did (I didn't even realize that I did LOL).
:laugh:

Congrats man.

hey everyone, drinks on KITN next weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad