The Not So Fantasy Draft

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Fantasy drafts usually mean pick the best player available but the point of this draft is to pick the most overpaid useless players there is in the NHL.

The Objective

-Make a team of the most overpaid/useless players in the NHL

There are two awards you can win

The Slap Shot Trophy which goes to the toughest team aka the team made out of Goons

The Scott Gomez Trophy which goes to the team made out of overpaid players.

I'm still trying to come up with new rules and such but is there any interest in this idea?

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Kyle Quincey is a far better dman than Brooks Orpik. As mediocre as he is, he's not nearly as bad as most wings fans would have you believe.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
How about having a cap floor and giving an award to the team that is least likely to make the playoffs?

The Worst GM Trophy.

Imagine assembling a $60 million squad of 20 players that will NOT make the playoffs.

THIS I would be in for!!!!

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Just take Kane and Toews then like one other player and you're at 60M. Then you're DQ'd for not having a full roster. Easy.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
DEFUNCT NHL (Hartford, Quebec, Atlanta, Oakland, Cleveland) and non-cup (Florida, Nashville, Columbus, San Jose, St. Louis, Washington) or cup drought (Toronto) team names encouraged!

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
How about having a cap floor and giving an award to the team that is least likely to make the playoffs?

The Worst GM Trophy.

Imagine assembling a $60 million squad of 20 players that will NOT make the playoffs.

THIS I would be in for!!!!

I think this is a great idea. Build the worst possible team with a minimum cap requirement.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I think this is a great idea. Build the worst possible team with a minimum cap requirement.
Yes, you MUST spend a certain amount on salaries (NHL cap floor is now about $52 million I believe - bump it up to $60 to make it more interesting!).

Can you draft a nonplayoff team and spend at least x million at the cap floor?

That is exactly what tanking clubs are trying to do to win the McDavid/Ekblad sweepstakes (The team with the worst record in the NHL will get at least the 2nd overall pick).

Let's do it. :yo:

The Tank Draft

Drevil_million_dollars.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad