Confirmed with Link: The next head coach of the San Jose Sharks should be.. Update: It’s David Quinn

Poll: Who do you think should be the Sharks New Head Coach

• Andrew Brunette

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Claude Julien

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alain Vigneault

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Joel Quenneville

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • Mike Babcock

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Travis Green

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Jeff Blashill

• Rick Tocchet

• David Quinn

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Dave Tippett

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Guy Boucher

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • AHL coaches

Votes: 21 36.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Sharks fans:

Which of these two opinions ended up being closer to the reality of David Quinn?
Doesn't really matter, as some here suggested at the time of Quinn's hiring and the hiring of his assistant coaches. The one that will be taking the reigns of this ship once the rebuild is coming to an end is already hired as an assistant coach.

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Exactly this. I'll die on the hill that every intention is to promote Ryan Warsofsky to HC in a few years.
Was just gonna post that. Quinn isn’t the guy. Warsofsky is gonna be the next big name. If we don’t promote him, he’s most likely gonna get a HC opportunity somewhere else in the near future. Dudes got a nice resume, besides the terrible team he’s helping to coach currently

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Exactly this. I'll die on the hill that every intention is to promote Ryan Warsofsky to HC in a few years.
Grier and Quinn are extremely close, more so than most (every?) other NHL GM is with their head coach. I think Quinn will be around as long as Grier is the GM while Warsofsky will probably get offers to be a different team's head coach by then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad