Speculation: The Next GM

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Hopefully, ownership is next to go. They tore down our culture and have brought nothing to replace it.
They replaced Lou who was abysmal his last handful of years here and have done nothing but invest into the building and surrounding area.... Shero didn't work out and they cut bait before it went on for hilariously too long.

WTF are you talking about ?

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Willing to give Fitz the interim here to see what his vision is and how he rides things out.

Owners know he's in demand elsewhere so they gotta be handing him the reigns fully for remainder of the season to see what he can do.

Far as outside candidates go, anyone's guess.

Well Fitz was in demand...I’m sure some of that’s interest he previously received has waned an it with how the season went along.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
They replaced Lou who was abysmal his last handful of years here and have done nothing but invest into the building and surrounding area.... Shero didn't work out and they cut bait before it went on for hilariously too long.

WTF are you talking about ?
If only we had signed Trouba

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Hopefully, ownership is next to go. They tore down our culture and have brought nothing to replace it.
This has to be trolling right? RIGHT??

They literally bought out our hundreds of millions of debt, transformed the Rock and have elevated the value of this franchise from 25th(?) to I believe 15th or 16th most valuable franchise in the league since they have been here.

GTFO with this.

MNDevilsfan

Jan 9, 2015
St. Paul, MN
No thanks on Fitzgerald. One of my biggest bones to pick with the now previous regime is how poorly the AHL squad has functioned as a developmental platform. He obviously played a big role in that. If you're going to do this, turn turn the keys over to an outside person. You can make Marty the AGM.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
No thanks on Fitzgerald. One of my biggest bones to pick with the now previous regime is how poorly the AHL squad has functioned as a developmental platform. He obviously played a big role in that. If you're going to do this, turn turn the keys over to an outside person. You can make Marty the AGM.
is he the one who is in charge of adding players to binghamton's squad? i'm pretty sure that was also ray's responsibility

Reactions: Billdo

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
All of our best prospects went right into the NHL or were/are overseas, in the minors or NCAA. Bing struggles because our best prospects are not there. (excluding a few)

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
is he the one who is in charge of adding players to binghamton's squad? i'm pretty sure that was also ray's responsibility

So much goes into the AHL squad I don't even know how much you can ding Fitz for that. Sure it wasn't exactly a high priority but you could on some level claim that most of the guys Shero was drafting were either college guys or overseas guys that either haven't played in the AHL yet or can't go there like Boqvist.

Reactions: OmNomNom

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
-would Dean Lombardi be of interst?

A guy with such close ties to Lou? That might be a non-starter for the owners (and/or for Dean). I have no idea which way they'll go, clearly they want to win now which would suggest a big-name vet or giving a coach like Lavi a lot of say, but they could be fascinated by analytics and hire one of the faceless young number crunchers too.

devilsfan35

Jun 15, 2015
Would Marty be qualified enough to take on the role? At the very least I think he should be assistant GM. It might be too early for him to be GM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad