Speculation: The Next Captain?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Salvador will be again, after Shero re signs him tomorrow.

Yup that's my latest nightmare. Couldn't get back to sleep for two hours after that one.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Elias will have one of the A's this year.

So Zajac and Elias are probably the A's. Maybe the new coaches decide to not give Patty an A and give it to Henrique or Camm instead.

Doesn't really matter.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
amd-andy-greene-jpg.jpg

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
What does that mean? He scored 40 points on one of the worst offensive teams in the league. He needs a better system and better line mates. Not the C.

And ya Greene is the obvious choice. Zajac and Rico with the As

Sorry if you haven't seen it but there are time he tends to disappear some even considered he was hurt at one point. And what I mean by it he has been clutch and has played with plenty of heart. Whats wrong with rewarding that, and making him an even more important part of this team long term.

Henrique Maybe that will KEEP him going. There is that better:shakehead

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
There was a time I thought it would be a no brainer to give it to Henrique. Now I wonder. Greene is the obvious answer here. In the future, I could see it being Severson actually. It doesn't quite seem to fit Lars. But who knows.

Last edited:

GeNeXt

Jul 5, 2012
Greene.

Wouldn't want to give it to someone too young. If things don't workout, you could ruin their long term future with the team, or give it to the wrong person. Say we give it to Henrique now. In a couple years time a guy like Larsson, Severson, Santini, another prospect or draftee could come in and be a stronger leader. It would be kind of awkward to strip your captain for the likes of someone else.

Greene provides a nice stopgap. Also, there's no denying he's a tremendous leader. Likeable, doesn't make many errors, makes the guys he plays with better, especially younger defencemen.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
i really doubt they would strip elias of an A if he's on the team.
I don't think they will either, I'd give it less than a 50% chance. Maybe even closer to a 25% chance. I think there's a much better chance that he's on the team with no letter than not on the team at all though.
You may have to see a professional or at the least do group therapy.
:laugh:

In before tonight's dream. Zubrus extended for 2 years and $5 million after July 1st.
Greene - C
Elias - A
Zajac/Henrique - A
Yeah that's what I think will happen too.

Maybe they'll even do the home/road switch with Zajac and Henrique. One wears the A at home and the other wears the A on the road.

Not that it matters, Cammy is probably next in line for an A if one of the first 3 get injured.

ADD-devil950003

Dec 6, 2006
NY
I can see it going two ways...they give it to Henrique which i would love, or they give it to Greene and then lets Andy hold it until Severson is ready. Either wY id be happy. Just my opinion though.

Drewr15

Jun 30, 2005
New Milford, CT
Hard to picture it not being Green. Whoever it is I will just be happy not to have to constantly explain to my 6 year old why the Devils captain never plays.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad