The Newest, Most Official Sidney Crosby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
Unbiased Canadian said:
Everyone knows my opinion on the whoel Crosby thing so like my mother always told me...if you don't have anything nice to stay...shut the F*ck Up .... lol :lol:

Dustin, you should have better words about Crosby, the guy really has a wonderful talent and he has a great personality. I think that your opinion is mostly based on misconceptions.

alecfromtherock

Feb 2, 2004
Anyone see today’s game on Sportsnet?

Rimouski might have won the game 4-1 against GAT but Crosby was effectively taken out with only 4 shots on net with no points, there goes that game-point streak.

On a side note Crosby could have cased the 3rd period near bench-clearing brawl by cross-checking a GAT player(granted the player did take Crosby down near the net with no plenty being called) which caused a whole chain of events.

Here are the plenties:

Penalties: RIM - Mario Jr. Scalzo (01:04)(maj.), RIM - Nicolas Bachand (01:04), RIM - Nicolas Bachand (01:04)(misc.), RIM - Patrick Coulombe (01:04)(maj.), RIM - Patrick Coulombe (01:04)(g.misc.), RIM - Sidney Crosby (01:04), GAT - Martin Fréchette (01:04), GAT - Martin Fréchette (01:04), GAT - Ryan Graham (01:04)(maj.), GAT - Ryan Graham (01:04)(maj.), GAT - Ryan Graham (01:04)(g.misc.), GAT - Sam Roberts (01:04), GAT - Maxime Rousseau

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
alecfromtherock said:
Anyone see today’s game on Sportsnet?

Rimouski might have won the game 4-1 against GAT but Crosby was effectively taken out with only 4 shots on net with no points, there goes that game-point streak.

On a side note Crosby could have cased the 3rd period near bench-clearing brawl by cross-checking a GAT player(granted the player did take Crosby down near the net with no plenty being called) which caused a whole chain of events.

Here are the plenties:

Penalties: RIM - Mario Jr. Scalzo (01:04)(maj.), RIM - Nicolas Bachand (01:04), RIM - Nicolas Bachand (01:04)(misc.), RIM - Patrick Coulombe (01:04)(maj.), RIM - Patrick Coulombe (01:04)(g.misc.), RIM - Sidney Crosby (01:04), GAT - Martin Fréchette (01:04), GAT - Martin Fréchette (01:04), GAT - Ryan Graham (01:04)(maj.), GAT - Ryan Graham (01:04)(maj.), GAT - Ryan Graham (01:04)(g.misc.), GAT - Sam Roberts (01:04), GAT - Maxime Rousseau

I think Sid got highsticked just before he crosschecked/retaliated. It may have been unintentional/careless but I don't think Sid knew that. It looked like he thought it was more of the same and over the line.

No doubt
krecji did a good job covering Crosby but it was less than 100% effective. Sid was +2, adding to his league lead while Krecji was -2.

Did you see Rimouski's final goal? Defencman Patrick Coulombe makes a rush deep into the left Gatineau end and passes it out to the slot to Scalzo who also broke deep right leaving no defencemen back.

Last edited:

QcS

Sep 13, 2003
au Québec!
Visit site
Every fan of the Q knows the talent Sidney possesses.. every player in the Q knows the talent he possesses. No one is denying that.

But what Sidney is now getting a reputation for is being a **** disturber and not backing up his actions.

Last night he was maple-leafing the ref the whole night.. the ref even had to give him a warning at some point to shut the hell up. His coach was doing the same and also got a warning.

Other Sid accomplishments last night:

*Hitting Nick Ranger in the face
*Slashing Laliberté (Hull goalie)
*crosschecking Fréchette in the back
*diving
*refusing to stand up to his actions and fight Krejci (a guy that NEVER fights) after hitting him and rubbing his face with his glove.
*starting a melée that ended up with Scalzo being hurt and Coulombe losing a fight.

Sure, most people know of Sidney's talents as a player, but most are also discovering new umm... "talents". :shakehead

He gets away with things no one else in the league would..

Tb0ne

Nov 29, 2004
Victoria
With someone as talented as him (sorry I don't have the brightest view of humanity in general) and if he really acts like that I'd think there is a real danger someone is going to take a massive run at him and hurt him bad.

I hope that doesn't happen.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Leph28 said:
Every fan of the Q knows the talent Sidney possesses.. every player in the Q knows the talent he possesses. No one is denying that.

But what Sidney is now getting a reputation for is being a **** disturber and not backing up his actions.

Last night he was maple-leafing the ref the whole night.. the ref even had to give him a warning at some point to shut the hell up. His coach was doing the same and also got a warning.

*diving
*refusing to stand up to his actions and fight Krejci (a guy that NEVER fights) after hitting him and rubbing his face with his glove.
*starting a melée that ended up with Scalzo being hurt and Coulombe losing a fight.

Sure, most people know of Sidney's talents as a player, but most are also discovering new umm... "talents". :shakehead

If the "dive" you are referring to was the Gatineau penalty called when it looked like Sid was pulled/tripped/down on a partial (or almost) breakaway then you are full of "it". Sid got knocked down as he tried for position on the guy but he didn't dive. He fought through Krecji's clutch and grab all night without diving.

And yes, he retaliates. He crosschecked Frechette (if that was who it was)immediately after being highsticked

He puts up with twice as much crap (very conservative estimate) as any one else in the league, bar none.

alecfromtherock

Feb 2, 2004
Leph28 said:

*diving

Quotations are always amusing in printed material as they usually oversimplify what the author is trying to say.

Slashing the opposing teams goalie is pretty un-classy and bush considering Crosby is suppose to be the next Great One.

Tb0ne you are correct in that the bullseye on a player grows by continually acting up. Getting away with it because of who the player is just compounds the situation thus expanding the bullseye ever more.

Crosbyfan, are you saying an eye for an eye because Crosby gets twice the ‘attention’ from opposing players?

Based on that one game I have to say while Crosby might get a lot of ‘attention’ from opposing players, he is no fighter and should not go too far with his actions or antics.

The final compression in the Bullseye Theorem involves his own teammates sometimes being too over-protective(going after the gut who went after Crosby)

Skill + Un-classy-ness + Protection = Extra Attention

PDO

Jan 12, 2005
Edmonton
It's stupid they don't count it because he missed games while playing for his country at a world class tournament. Not to mention, don't games usually get harder as you move along in the season anyway?

Neely's 50 in 44 should count.

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
www.hockeysfutureradio.com
Off topic....but I was just looking and Stephan Lebeau scored 92 goals one year in the Q, that's crazy. His teammate, Patrice Lefevbre had 200 points...Lebeau now tears it up overseas. Anyway, just thought that was weird, since we were talking about Junior scoring legends.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Unbiased Canadian said:
Off topic....but I was just looking and Stephan Lebeau scored 92 goals one year in the Q, that's crazy. His teammate, Patrice Lefevbre had 200 points...Lebeau now tears it up overseas. Anyway, just thought that was weird, since we were talking about Junior scoring legends.

Nice effort trying to **** disturb.

You basically disproved your point. Labeau had 92 goals, but his teammate has 200 pts!! That was the NORM back then.

Crosby is light years ahead of everybody in production. Back when Labeau and Lefevbre played 100 points was a decent season.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Definitely clutch for Crosby, I was really pulling for him to hit this mark, after going pointless in the game prior.

The fact that he's come out and rebounded with two goals right off the bat, really shows the type of character this kid has.

Incredibly impressive, 50 in 50, wow.

By any chance, anyone know the last CHL player to achieve this mark? I have been meaning to look, but I assumed that the search would be difficult to dig up. My guess would be someone like Eric Lindros, or were a couple of the huge Q scorers since like Simon Gamache, able to hit that mark?

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
Unbiased Canadian said:

Both were 20 year olds that season.

target

Sep 10, 2002
nova scotia
Visit site
Unbiased Canadian said:
Man your a fricking a**hole....all you post are negative about Crosby, didn't he sign an autograph for you and your pissed at him.

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
10 minutes remaining to the game... Crosby has 2 goals and 3 assists so far. Assuming he doesn't add any other points, he'd now stand at 50 goals and 75 assists for 125 points in 50 games.

:bow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad