The Newest, Most Official Sidney Crosby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
If you haven't heard this already,Doris Labonte has already said that Sidney
will play where he wants to next year.He came out with this very shortly after
Courteau made his statement.Case closed!

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
pei fan said:
If you haven't heard this already,Doris Labonte has already said that Sidney
will play where he wants to next year.He came out with this very shortly after
Courteau made his statement.Case closed!

Are LHJMQ contracts signed with the league or with the team ?

gangstajerome

Dec 3, 2004
man if i was sid Id go to l.a. or n.y., he'd be like a real hollywood circle celebrity. he'd really be living the life.

he'd have to really stay focussed on hockey to continue to reach his full potential.......

mach 1

Dec 6, 2004
GreenBud said:
Uh oh, $idney's 'fatigue' and 'injury' must be back again. He only tallied an assist last night against Chicoutimi.

he must be alright 5 points tonight against Quebec :lol: :lol:

HfxMoose

Nov 17, 2003
Halifax, Nova Scotia
RIM - Sidney Crosby (08:18)(misc.), RIM - Sébastien Laferrière (08:18), RIM - Sébastien Laferrière (08:18)(misc.), QUE - Brandon Tidball (08:18), QUE - Brandon Tidball (08:18)(g.misc.)

Wonder what happened here lol

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
Crosby87 said:
RIM - Sidney Crosby (08:18)(misc.), RIM - Sébastien Laferrière (08:18), RIM - Sébastien Laferrière (08:18)(misc.), QUE - Brandon Tidball (08:18), QUE - Brandon Tidball (08:18)(g.misc.)

Wonder what happened here lol

A Remparts' player was yelling at Crosby (I guess) and Crosby thrown some water at him, nothing really bad though, Crosby wasn't facing the guy nor he did it in a aggressive way. Then after that, that Remparts' player punched Laferrière in the face and Laferrière reacted, doing the same thing... Well, there's been too much penalities given for a such incident.

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
What a great game of offencive hockey. And more than 15000 fans too!!! Scalzo, Crosby, Charrette, Rudalov(sp) Pouliot and Roussin impressed me. :handclap:
Best game of Roussin i have seen so far.

SedinFan*

Tb0ne said:
Sidney Crosby GP:48, G:48, A:72, P:120, Shots:281, PIM:58, +49

Just insane. Absolutely insane. He should be arrested, those stats are illegal.

Injektilo

Feb 3, 2005
Taiwan
Tb0ne said:
Sidney Crosby GP:48, G:48, A:72, P:120, Shots:281, PIM:58, +49

holy ****... i mean..... dayyyum. 2.5 points/game.

stuff like this only makes the hype ratchet up even more, which is unfortunate in a way because he'll never live up to the hype that's surrounding him right now. there's no way he'll meet everyone's wildest expectations, at this point being the next Joe Sakic or Steve Yzerman won't be enough for some people....

Hug Ben Laf

#86 #10 #13
Mar 22, 2002
Im the guy next door
Injektilo said:
holy ****... i mean..... dayyyum. 2.5 points/game.

stuff like this only makes the hype ratchet up even more, which is unfortunate in a way because he'll never live up to the hype that's surrounding him right now. there's no way he'll meet everyone's wildest expectations, at this point being the next Joe Sakic or Steve Yzerman won't be enough for some people....

I always consider him a Dionne/LaFontaine with better physical and defensive play.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
So with a national audience on Sportsnet this Friday, he's two goals away from 50 in 49 games. Should be interesting.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
It's Crosby and then everyone else in the Q!! Truly amazing!

Whether you think the league is high scoring or not, the kids numbers are unbelievable when you start comparing them to the rest of the league or the OHL or WHL.

I mean the guy has 37 more pts than the next guy closest to him and that guy has played 8 more games than Crosby.

The guy leads the league in goals with 48 in 48 games, eight more than the next closest guy, who has also played in 7 more games than Crosby!

Now, the guy also leads the league in assists and if you placed him in the scoring race with just assists he would be like 5th and of course, having played less games than everyone in front of him.

Comparing the Q with other leagues, well, Crosby has 26 more pts than Corey Perry in the OHL, and I don't think Rimouski has had too many 14 goal games in the Q.

Now in comparison with the WHL, Crosby has 45 more pts than the league leader Eric Fehr, but only leads Mr. Fehr by 6 goals, but of course in less games played.

So what does all of this mean???.....I really don't know, but I just find all of this pretty amazing!

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Le Golie said:
So with a national audience on Sportsnet this Friday, he's two goals away from 50 in 49 games. Should be interesting.
AND he seems to shine on the big occassions.6 pts in front of Brad and Vinnie
and 6 pts in last game in hometown Halifax. He's still well over a 3 point a game
average since wjc.There can be no doubt now that he was playing injured after the Cabana hit.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
I'll say he will be a healthy Peter Forsberg.

At one point this year, he was going at a slower pace than last year, but if he keeps his pace he will have 148 points in 59 games, which is 13 more points than last season.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
pei fan said:
AND he seems to shine on the big occassions.6 pts in front of Brad and Vinnie
and 6 pts in last game in hometown Halifax. He's still well over a 3 point a game
average since wjc.There can be no doubt now that he was playing injured after the Cabana hit.

That's correct. I remember Sportsnet' commentator saying that he is always scoring a lot of points when the games are broadcasted.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
HabLover said:
So what does all of this mean???.....I really don't know, but I just find all of this pretty amazing!
The numbers alone are not that amazing.However,with 3 pts a game before the
Cabana hit and well over 3 pts a game since WJC it is now pretty obvious that
he was playing with a leg injury.For a lengthy span after the hit he was
scoring a little more than a pt a game.Without the injury what could have been?

Also what is impressive is how he has led the nics from the 4th lowest winning
% in the league to the 3rd highest(and rising).He has a plus minus of 48 on a
otherwise weak defensive team.

There is no doubt in my mind this kid will "one day" be as good as.......................
..................Alexander Daigle.This "one day" will take place when Sid is over
the hill and retired.Because he is already way better now than Daigle at his best.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad