The Newer, Officialer Sidney Crosby Sporadic Post Thread! [ALL Crosby talk Goes Here]

Status
Not open for further replies.

plaugher

May 2, 2002
Halifax, NS
Visit site
CrosbyIsGod said:
you didnt saw the whole game so you are talin about what you are not knowing... good decision by Rimouski... the league should do something...

Yes, that's true. I didn't see the whole game.

But from what I saw, it looked typical of the treatment that almost all players in the league get, so I'm not very sympathetic. This "extra-curricular" activity isn't all of a sudden going to stop when he hits the pros, so he might as well adapt to it now.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Hydroponic Harold said:
Denis Potvin played at 13 ..your point about Wayne having played 3 games at 16 is ...........

My point being that they didn't just suck it up. If at 16 1/2 Wayne had only played 3 games ther probably was a reason other than that he wasn't "good enough". 5 months later he was top forward at the WJCs.

Sid has adapted well but there are limits, You mentioned Bossy and Lemieux as if they "sucked it up". Their opposition to what you probably call "old time hockey" is well known. Bossy was all about fair play and spoke out as did Lemieux about the "cheapening" of Hockey due to mentalities like yours.

BCCHL inactive

AJ1982 said:
Let's face it, nobody ever touched Gretzky. Crosby can't expect that sort of golden boy treatment but players ought to not take excessive cheap shots against him. The refs should protect him more than they have been, cross checks and cheap shots should not be routine. Crosby is not the sort of player who can beat the crap out of people who do this to him, a la Lindros when he was in junior, the refs have to protect the skill guys or allow his teammates some leeway to protect him.

Yes and no.

The referees must protect Sidney Crosby....just the same as they would protect any other QMJHL player.

And scratching Crosby will only make it worse. Now all these players have to do is give Crosby some extra abuse, and his team will scratch him, making it easier to play against Rimouski.

Quagmier

Feb 6, 2003
pics.rapecity.net
Phil said:
This will end badly. He'll be an even bigger target now for his "prima donna" attitude, even if the bulk of this hypocrisy is coming from Tanguay&Co. at the top.

Nonetheless, Boy Wonder better become a man soon, or he'll have a hard time in the bigs.

Phil said:
You get a little if you give a little, there, Sidney. Suck it up.

Again, I reiterate a point made earlier by someone else...

when has Crosby said anything about this situation??????????
His teammates, coaches, and team owners are all crying about the situation, but Crosby has said or done nothing

Why should he be labelled a primadonna? :dunno:

Hydroponic Harold

Mentalities like mine ..well ever since ive played hockey intimidation has ben a part of the game .Intimidation has obviousely worked here as Sydney , one of the best players in the Q isnt dressing for 2 games .Chalk one up for old fashioned hockey .
Whats he gonna do when playoff time comes and the intimidation really steps up a notch ..sit all the away games .Don Cherry must be lovin this .This is another black eye for the Q ..this would NEVER happen in the Dub or the OHL ..heck it wouldnt happen in the BCJHL ..as Van can attest too .Its total bush league that the Oceanic arent dressing a marquis player , what message does that send to fans of the QMJHL.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Van said:
Yes and no.

The referees must protect Sidney Crosby....just the same as they would protect any other QMJHL player.

And scratching Crosby will only make it worse. Now all these players have to do is give Crosby some extra abuse, and his team will scratch him, making it easier to play against Rimouski.

They won't scratch him for Rimouski's home games. So all these players have to do is give Crosby extra abuse and watch ther revenues plummet when he is scratched for their home games. (not that I think it would happen, but if it did thats the wa it would work. And the fact that the game was previously sold out would just sour more of their fans to supporting their team in the future or buying season tickets; "If you pay to see the high diving act, then you want to see the high diving act")

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Hydroponic Harold said:
Mentalities like mine ..well ever since ive played hockey intimidation has ben a part of the game .Intimidation has obviousely worked here as Sydney , one of the best players in the Q isnt dressing for 2 games .Chalk one up for old fashioned hockey .
Whats he gonna do when playoff time comes and the intimidation really steps up a notch ..sit all the away games .Don Cherry must be lovin this .This is another black eye for the Q ..this would NEVER happen in the Dub or the OHL ..heck it wouldnt happen in the BCJHL ..as Van can attest too .Its total bush league that the Oceanic arent dressing a marquis player , what message does that send to fans of the QMJHL.

Exactly "fans of the QMJHL" you're almost getting it.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Hydroponic Harold said:
But Crosby fan ..how does punishing the fans of Lewiston and Drummondville and other teams in the QMJHL ..stop Sydney from getting roughed up . ???? :dunno:

Maybe they decide that "Bush League Hockey" doesn't sell as well and clean up their act. The NHL is in the same dilemna; How do you sell a game that does not allow the skilled players to perform. The fights, the "sideshow" becomes the main event because the game sucks.

Cayouche5

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
I'm a Crosby fan and true all the Dirty hit he receive was cheap and all of that, but this is not a good option ( scratch him ). Where Crosby play it's always sold out, so maybe Lewiston and Drummond will put pressure on the league to protect him i don't know, i just try to think why they scratch him. Doris Labonte also sad it was to relax him abit cause the Playoff are about to start.
But really the game ( not only on Crosby, yes more on him cause he's the best ) was full of dirty hit, glove in the face, cross check after the play, punch in the face when nobody had the puck, The referee was really bad.

plaugher

May 2, 2002
Halifax, NS
Visit site
Cayouche5 said:
Doris Labonte also sad it was to relax him abit cause the Playoff are about to start.

First off, sorry for sounding like a blind Crosby-hater throughout most of this thread... I'm just so dumbfounded that Riki would go to such lengths over what is a regular occurrence in this league. Yes, I know he hasn't said anything on the subject as of yet, and it would be interesting to hear what he has to say instead of listening to everyone else speaking for him. However, until he says otherwise, I'm going to assume that he has been complaining about his treatment in some circles, since his treatment is the whole crux of the arguement.

Definitely a mistake to sit him out... especially against teams that are within striking distance of the 'Nics.

I don't buy Doris's reasoning in the least. Playoffs are a month away. Why sit him against Lewiston, the team that Rimouski has had zero success against this year, and who is only six - check that - five points behind them with two games in hand? Still with a shot at a first-round bye... Wouldn't his dynamite offensive skill come in handy around this time? If you're concerned about resting him for the playoffs, there, Doris, wait until you secure first-round home-ice first.

A team seeking special treatment for a player because things are getting too physical, or missed calls, when from what I've seen here and in clips is just par for the league, may/could/might/mayhap lead some people to thinking "prima donna".

Crosbyfan said:
So all these players have to do is give Crosby extra abuse and watch ther revenues plummet when he is scratched for their home games.

If all teams like Lewiston have to do is pester him on the road, and because of it, he won't be dressed when Rimouski goes back to their barn, then Crosby might as well wear red and white circular patterns instead of teal, because regardless of profits, they'll be all over him.

In spite of all that has been said and/or implied and/or assumed by certain people, I expect Crosby to play in both games. It would be a huge mistake to take such a fruitless stand. The officiating isn't going to get much better overnight, so we're all just going to have to live with it.

Welcome to an era, 'Nic fans, where referees aren't so easily swayed by every single shriek from the crowd in the Rimouski barn. Don't be so surprised over incompetent Q' officiating. The rest of us have been dealing with it for years.

alecfromtherock

Feb 2, 2004
Crosby’s problem is not self inflicted, rather the media and fans that blow him up larger then life.

He has not yet broken any records, and does not seem that he will be given the opportunity to do so(with the scratching and all)

It’s ALWAYS the refs fault, that cliche is getting awfully old.

Do I here Crosby saying ‘ come on now by’s I don’t think you are playing fair with me, the refs have it out for me, my team is making the wrong decision benching me...’

What does the league actually have to do with Crosby getting roughed up? Someone pointed out that Crosby is not the only star getting crossed-checked after they make a play.

How would this not happen in other leagues, better refs? A ‘you can’t touch this’ rule for the stars?

No leaving a league because of what is being done to you by other players, is ludicrous. Europe is a long way from home, and Crosby’s family is in NS.

But it is good to know that Crosby is fighting back, even if it was a punch in the back of the head. Boxing might be a idea for Crosby to get into while he ‘can’t’ play, I am not saying play their game and take the cheep shots and the like, just fight back every time.

Cayouche5

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Phil said:
Definitely a mistake to sit him out.
I agree 100%
Phil said:
I don't buy Doris's reasoning in the least.
I don't buy it either.

I'm a Crosby and Rimouski fan but I don't like this situation. That's can't be positive they will not protect him more or something like that and they cut a chance to win with Crosby out against Picard and the MAINEaics.

Ice

Feb 13, 2004
This is the thread that finally made me stop lurking and register.

This issue is more than a Crosby issue though I suspect it is worse when he’s on the ice. But the roughness is a quite a problem throughout the Q. I have written the QMJHL on this before. I believe it is to the point where young players are having their careers affected and that’s a shame. It’s not just about good ole hard-hitting North American hockey, it’s out of control in the Q and most games get out of control now. You can see this for yourself; go to http://www.lhjmq.qc.ca/lang_en/index.php and browse through the games and take a look at the penalties. There are a staggering amount of misconducts and game misconducts in most games. The Q needs to get a handle on this and not just in the Rimouski games; barring that I think Crosby should play in Europe next year.

Last edited:

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
CrosbyIsGod said:
you didnt saw the whole game so you are talin about what you are not knowing... good decision by Rimouski... the league should do something...

Buddy you are kidding me if you think this is a good thing. What good can come out of making 1 player larger than the game itself? Give your head a shake. Maybe the refs were intimidated back when you had Richards and Lecavlaier but they arent anymore. This is hockey, not ****ing soccer.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Ice said:
This is the thread that finally made me stop lurking and register.

This issue is more than a Crosby issue though I suspect it is worse when he’s on the ice. But the roughness is a quite a problem throughout the Q. I have written the QMJHL on this before. I believe it is to the point where young players are having their careers affected and that’s a shame. It’s not just about good ole hard-hitting North American hockey, it’s out of control in the Q and most games get out of control now. You can see this for yourself; go to http://www.lhjmq.qc.ca/lang_en/index.php and browse through the games and take a look at the penalties. There are a staggering amount of misconducts and game misconducts in most games. The Q needs to get a handle on this and not just in the Rimouski games; barring that I think Crosby should play in Europe next year.

Go play soccer man!

This is hockey. Misconducts are from fighting! Tough guy vs. Tough guy. Small skilled players dont get beat up, they are played tough just like in the NHL. Crosby is 100% of Rimouski's team, it was obvious when Rimouski went 1-6-3 during the world juniors. You shut down Sid, you win.

Rahan

May 27, 2003
Chicoutimi
Visit site
I've seen Crosby get dirty hits from my home team (the Sags), and the refs didn't call three quarter of the worst cheapshots. He was almost injured two times, having a hard time going back to the bench. I feel like the referees are closing their eyes too often on those cheapshots against Sidney. I know every players gets some, but he gets three times the amount and not much gets called.

I don't think sitting him out is a good idea since 1) it somewhat prevents him from breaking the most-points-by-a-16-year-old record 2) it's not the right thing to do.
They should have sent a "communiqué" to the league and still dressed him, IMO.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Ice said:
The Q needs to get a handle on this and not just in the Rimouski games; barring that I think Crosby should play in Europe next year.

Many feel that the CHL in general needs to get a handle on it and blame the philosophy of intimidation and goonery for the lack of skilled players being produced by Canada. Crosby going to Europe could have a major impact on the approach to development in Canada. I suspect things would be different if Gretzky or Lemieux had decided they were better off honing their skills in Europe than staying in the CHL. I only hope that Crosby isn't being used as a pawn in this to promote someone elses agenda.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Buffaloed said:
Many feel that the CHL in general needs to get a handle on it and blame the philosophy of intimidation and goonery for the lack of skilled players being produced by Canada. Crosby going to Europe could have a major impact on the approach to development in Canada. I suspect things would be different if Gretzky or Lemieux had decided they were better off honing their skills in Europe than staying in the CHL. I only hope that Crosby isn't being used as a pawn in this to promote someone elses agenda.

The NHL right now is more a goon show than the CHL. If Crosby's main goal is to play in the NHL things are only going to get tougher.

My opinion is if Crosby goes to Europe he can kiss the NHL good bye. Not because Europe cant develop talent, because they can, but because he is runnign away from physical play.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
La-La-Laprise said:
The NHL right now is more a goon show than the CHL. If Crosby's main goal is to play in the NHL things are only going to get tougher.

My opinion is if Crosby goes to Europe he can kiss the NHL good bye. Not because Europe cant develop talent, because they can, but because he is runnign away from physical play.

If I was him I'd go over for the money and developmental opportunity. He can make a good buck there and develop his skills at a higher level. It doesn't make sense for him to stay in the Q and risk his career being ended by some cheapshot artist.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Buffaloed said:
If I was him I'd go over for the money and developmental opportunity. He can make a good buck there and develop his skills at a higher level. It doesn't make sense for him to stay in the Q and risk his career being ended by some cheapshot artist.

I think people are making a big deal of this.

How many Q games have you watched?

It really isnt that bad. Just Rimouski are a bunch of whiners because back when they had Richards and Lecavalier Refs were intimidated by their fans. Not anymore and they are upset.

Tough luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->