OT: The New dRunks Thread ‎Part 2

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
anyone been to montclair brewery before? saw their brewery list and it looked good and was considering going there for some takeout

i have no clue on how good it is but …why not go check it out if its for takeout?

support your local (assuming you live near there, as it seems you do)

…i get my coffee grind from a tiny shop near me….twice the price as a big honking bag from a chain store but its miles better….and i like the people there

Last edited:
Reactions: Ripshot 43

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
Trying McConaughey bourbon for the first time tonight. This is an EASY drinking bourbon. Basically Wild Turkey's version of Gentleman Jack. Definitely something to drink neat or with a cube or 2 on a warm night. Oak and mesquite charcoal filter gives this a different flavor. Glad I finally got to try it.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Deanston-Bord-Finish-10-YO-46.3.jpg

PC-10-YO.jpg

Couple of new friends arrived from Scotland today.

Reactions: DevilDog

ChicksDigTheTrap

Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
Given what has been going on in the Devils team discussion thread I thought this thread would have a lot of posts. We have a fresh mint plant. Mint Julep for me to start with Maker's and than sipping some Wild Turkey Longbranch. MY GF and her friend are doing Mojitos while we hang on the back deck.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Given what has been going on in the Devils team discussion thread I thought this thread would have a lot of posts. We have a fresh mint plant. Mint Julep for me to start with Maker's and than sipping some Wild Turkey Longbranch. MY GF and her friend are doing Mojitos while we hang on the back deck.

what is this? the kentucky derby?

(last game at CCA was on cinco de mayo…same day as the derby …..i remember lots of talk about it in the parking lot on that day…..and i think someone had some way of showing at one of the tailgates if i recall correctly)

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010

Consider yourself inspiration -
I just grabbed some mint from our plant and whipped up a mint julep with Elijah Craig. Did you go simple syrup or sugar... saw that some folks add a little bitters for garnish.

Pretty tasty.

btw - nothing grows like mint. Made the mistake of putting spearmint and peppermint into our herb box and it pretty much monstered everything.

ChicksDigTheTrap

Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
Consider yourself inspiration -
I just grabbed some mint from our plant and whipped up a mint julep with Elijah Craig. Did you go simple syrup or sugar... saw that some folks add a little bitters for garnish.

Pretty tasty.

btw - nothing grows like mint. Made the mistake of putting spearmint and peppermint into our herb box and it pretty much monstered everything.
The GF makes simple syrup with Splenda. Rums tend to have added sugar so she tries to cut back there. Mint in summer drinks is soooo refreshing.

Part of the reason for growing mint is to keep some of the critters away since they apparently do not like the smell of mint.

Cheers!

Reactions: billingtons ghost

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
im slow burning today……a bunch of ' get drunk nondescript beer ' …..some gummies from a friend and a couple of triple caesars … happy canada day i guess…..im a pillow of mush right now……

happy dominion day (oh shit, thats right…most people dont know the below…

best part is this f***ing gem

A heckler's shout threatened to take the joy away from the occasion, but the prime minister was able to bring the laughter from the audience.
With a quick responsive quip he was able to get back to his intended speech — including in it a little history lesson — with "Relax, buster ... this is a fun day."

https://www.cbc.ca/archives/canada-day-used-to-be-called-dominion-day-wait-what-1.4728333

cheers to all you drunk ass bastards from me …..

f*** you all …….and love you all

Last edited:

ChicksDigTheTrap

Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
Good day of trading today. Sipping a little Woodford Reserve Double Oaked and watching the rain come down. GF out getting some crab cakes for dinner. Life is good.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn

I use simple syrup for juleps, but coarser natural sugar (Slightly brown) for mojitos.

The secret to a good mojito, for me, is to use that sugar as abrasion to slightly scratch at the mint while muddling.

Reactions: billingtons ghost

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I use simple syrup for juleps, but coarser natural sugar (Slightly brown) for mojitos.

The secret to a good mojito, for me, is to use that sugar as abrasion to slightly scratch at the mint while muddling.

nice…..like a bit of coarse salt in a mortar and pestle when mashing garlic or whatever……or same principle, instead of soap to clean dishes in a lake camping just use sand or fine pebbles :thumbu:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad