OT: The Music Thread Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
While not quite the Traveling Wilburys ... this is The Lost Dogs - Arguably the best anti-mainstream-Christian-music supergroup ever. From left - right Mike Roe (77s), Terry Scott Taylor (Daniel Amos, The Swirling Eddies), Derri Dougherty (The Choir), and Steve Hindalong on drums (The Choir). Play it Loud, play it often.

I started following these guys spereately in their respective bands way back in the early 80's. I was amazed when they joined forces and formed The Lost Dogs (so much talent). Don't be put off because they are a "Christian' band - so much really good music , definitely worth a listen. Also, so very hard to find decent live recordings/videos.

The Lost Dogs

Eleanor It's Raining Now

Bullet Train

Get Me Ready

Reactions: aguineapig72

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
But I say happy memories
Leave a bitter taste
I need a good brainwash agent
To cut out this present shout of:
Do y'know what you look like
Before you go out?
That's why you eat crap food
That's why nobody talks to you
That's why you messed up everything you do
Do y'know what you look like
Before you go out?
Look Know

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Tom Petty (would have been his birthday today)

Learning To Fly

Runnin' Down A Dream

Wildflowers

1697901115532.png

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Tom and then his boys honoring him a couple of years ago. (if you listen until the last/ third song) you will hear some sweet piano playing by Benmont Tench.

Last edited:

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan

While they flew under the radar for most people when it initially was released, The Weeknd's first three EPs transformed the entire genres of Pop and R&B, especially the first of the three EPs in House of Balloons. An album that was so influential Usher AND Rihanna were inspired by the release back in the early 2010s and caused Drake to hire The Weeknd to write songs for his second album, Abel Tesfaye's debut EP was an album that was from the heart and in some ways was somewhat of an insight into the life experiences he had before the release of the album as well as his desire to make it as Tesfaye had been homeless and ran afoul of the RCMP a couple times after dropping out of high school in the late 2000s at the age of 17. In his own words, Tesfaye said he'd been living a life like the mid 90s film Kids but "without the AIDS." And yet with one EP, The Weeknd has been able to ride the momentum from that album and go on an amazing rise to be one of the biggest stars in all of music.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad